It is important to be kind to others even when they are getting on your nerves. Being kind through everything can positively impact those around you. Indeed, it may even inspire the person who is causing issues. These kindness quotes explain how this works and the reasons you should continue to be kind.
You have to remember that you will not like every person you encounter. Remember who you are and what your morals are, however, so that you can keep spreading kindness. Don’t stoop to a lower level simply because someone else is getting on your nerves.
By staying kind even in hard situations, you will feel better about yourself. Plus, you will leave the situation in a better mood than you would have otherwise. So, the next time you are in a difficult situation, remember these kindness quotes to help you get through.
Fifteen Kindness Quotes to Help Calm Your Nerves
1. “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – Harold S. Kushner
The behavior of other people should never interfere with your character. When someone is getting on your nerves, remember this and try to be nice to them anyway. You don’t want to make yourself feel bad, and you don’t want to compromise your character over it.
2. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
Be nice, even when you aren’t sure you’ll get anything in return. Just remember that someday, someone will do something kind for you, too. So, even if you aren’t immediately rewarded for being kind when someone is getting on your nerves, know that you eventually will be.
3. “Small acts of kindness can make a difference in other people’s lives more than we can imagine.” – Catherine Pulsifer
When someone is getting on your nerves, consider helping them become better. By being kind, you can bring out the best in them. Keep this in mind and save yourself some stress by continuing to be nice.
4. “Go and love someone exactly as they are. And then watch how quickly they transform into the greatest, truest version of themselves. When one feels seen and appreciated in their own essence, one is instantly empowered.” – Wes Angelozzi
Don’t wait for someone to be perfect to love them. Instead, love them as they are now. With love, they will become better and maybe grow past the annoyance of frustration they cause. Please don’t give up on them, and don’t stop being kind, because this is the way to help someone be better.
5. “Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am what of what is true.” – Robert Brault
Being honest when someone is getting on your nerves isn’t always the best option, as Brault explains. You don’t have to be fully honest about your feelings. Instead, only say good things, and both of you will leave the situation satisfied.
6. “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart.” – Maya Angelou
Don’t change who you are just because of the way someone makes you feel. When someone is getting on your nerves, remember to be kind anyway. It will make the situation easier to get through, and you will be happier in the end.
7. “From the simplest acts of kindness done for total strangers, to the most deliberate acts of kindness to those wounded souls who are the hardest to love – each act of kindness improves the lives of everyone involved.” – Rhonda Sciortino
Not everyone will be easy to get along with, and some people will only get on your nerves. Even so, it would be best if you continued being kind to them. This won’t just benefit them and make their life better, but it will benefit you, as well.
8. “No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.” – Amelia Earhart
When you show kindness once, it’ll come more naturally the next time. Plus, it will spread kindness to others when you are kind, causing a ripple effect among many people. When you are kind to those who get on your nerves, it will benefit quite a few people.
9. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman
No one is perfect, so try to be understanding when someone is getting on your nerves. Give them some grace because they may just be having a bad day. However, if it’s a normal occurrence for that person, remind yourself that everyone is different and struggles differently.
10. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
Don’t underestimate the power of being kind, even in the most undesirable situations. As Buscaglia explains, being kind can turn someone’s life around. Maybe you can even influence them to make a change and stop getting on your nerves.
11. “Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they’re nice, but because you are.” – Roy T. Bennett
Remember that you are kind, and keep being kind even when it’s hard. Don’t let someone else’s attitude or behavior influence yours. Instead, keep being who you are and who you want to be so that you can keep feeling good about yourself.
12. “Kind words produce their own image in men’s souls, and a beautiful image it is. They soothe and quiet and comfort the hearer. They shame him out of his sour, morose, unkind feelings. We have not yet begun to use kind words in such abundance as they ought to be used.” – Blaise Pascal
Your kindness can change any person around you, including the one who is getting on your nerves. If you are kind to them, it could change their attitude and influence them to behave differently. This benefits not only you but the rest of the world, as well.
13. “Kindness is spreading sunshine into people’s lives regardless of the weather.” – Raktivist
Even in the most negative situations, keep being kind to those involved. By spreading kindness, you can change those who are causing the problems. So, instead of letting them impact your character, remember this quote and keep being true to yourself.