Kindness is the way that everyone can change the world, without giving money or donating anything. It is beneficial for both the giver and the receiver. Since it is so important to be kind, there are quotes about kindness everyone needs to hear.
It’s only human to want to be mean sometimes. This is something you should fight against, however, as kindness is a key trait of positive people. If you want to be positive and want positivity surrounding you, then you have to treat others right.
These quotes about kindness are intended to inspire you and give a reminder of why compassion is so important. By being kind, you’ll make the world a better place and could inspire others to be better. If it can change the world, there is no reason not to choose kindness.
Remember that sometimes being kind is harder than the alternative, but it is always right to be kind. Choose kindness and doing the right thing over anything else. This is the only way to make the world a better place.
15 Wise Quotes About Kindness
1. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
You won’t always receive an instant return on your act of kindness. What you can expect, however, is comfort. This comfort comes from knowing that, at some point, someone will be kind to you when you need it.
2. “People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.” – Kent M. Keith
No one is perfect, and you can’t expect them to be. People will do things that you don’t understand, they’ll be stubborn, and they’ll be selfish. This doesn’t mean that they don’t deserve love, it only means that they are human.
By being kind and doing the right thing, you may be judged incorrectly. You still need to do the right thing anyway, because being kind is more important than false accusations. Above all else, be kind and do good.
3. “Every act of kindness benefits the giver, as well as the receiver.” – Katrina Mayer
Even when someone has done something awful, you should still be kind. The kindness isn’t only for the other person. Kindness is also important for the giver because it’s more powerful than being angry and mean.
Always remember to be kind even if you feel the other person doesn’t deserve kindness. Do it for yourself, because you’ll be happy you did later.
4. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
Normally when there is a problem between two people, there is very little kindness exchanged. Next time, try to be kind and see what happens instead. After a while of constantly being kind to the other person, the relationship may change for the better.
This time of constant kindness may reveal truths, deeper understanding, and a feeling of respect amongst one another. It’s always worth a shot, as not doing anything will only lead to a continuation of the negativity.
5. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
If helping someone can change their life for the better, there is no reason to choose any other path. By helping others to become better, you’re helping to make the world a better place.
Plus, your kindness will not only change one life but the lives of those they encounter in the future. They may just pass that act of kindness along to the next person who needs it.
6. “If a person seems wicked, do not cast him away. Awaken him with your words, elevate him with your deeds, repay his injury with your kindness. Do not cast him away; cast away his wickedness.” – Lao Tzu
By showing this person kindness despite all that they have done, you may give them a reason to change their ways. They may see that other people can see the good in them, and they may follow your example.
By that person experiencing your kindness, they’re seeing that there is another way of life. You could be the reason they change their path in life.
7. “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” – Kahlil Gibran
Don’t think that being kind will make you appear weak. The opposite is true as Gibran explains in his quote. When you are kind instead of mean or harsh, you’re showing everyone just how strong you truly are.
8. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara de Angelis
Showing love and being kind are two things that will never be a waste. Even when you can’t see it right away, those are two emotions that can change the world. Not only for the person receiving it, but the person giving it, as well.
9. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
Your one act may have seemed small to you, but it was a big deal to the person receiving it. When you are kind, you are giving someone a little hope and a reason to be nice to someone else.
10. “To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit.” – Robert J. Furey
By always being kind, you are teaching yourself to be understanding of those around them and the choices they make. After making it a habit, you’ll find your spirit changing, and the kindness will eventually come on its own. When you think and feel differently, you behave differently and, when it comes to kindness, it’s never a bad thing.