Everyone could use a dose of good luck to reverse their fortune. Not everyone seems to receive this luck, however. This is when the thinking begins that some people are born lucky, and some aren’t, but this isn’t the truth.
There is a way to change your life to attract the luck you are looking for. Good luck doesn’t happen by chance, and it doesn’t happen to those who aren’t working hard. Only through hard work and positivity can you find the luck you are desiring.
Remember, even those that you consider lucky had to work hard to be where they are now. These people likely experienced failures and other setbacks along the way. Even so, they reached their goals and continue to thrive each day.
These quotes can help you figure out what you need to do to change the course of your life. If you follow the advice of those who have been there, you’ll soon find yourself with a better life.
15 Insightful Quotes About Good Luck
1. “Luck is what we make it, not what is thrust upon us. You’ve shown initiative, and it has nothing to do with luck.” – George Bellairs
If you have bad luck, you can’t blame the world for the problem. Any luck can be good, it all just depends on what you choose it to be. If you have worked hard and prepared, you’ll see just how lucky you are.
Without hard work and preparation, however, you’ll find that you aren’t so lucky. So, with that being the case, it is much more than the universe aligning perfectly. Luck, whether good or bad, is dependent on the effort that you put in.
2. “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote about luck can tie into the law of attraction. You have to think and act in a way that will attract good things to you. When you do this, the luck you need to reverse your fortune will suddenly appear.
To do this, you have to fully understand what you want. Otherwise, you won’t know what to work on. Then, you have to block out all negative aspects of your life and work hard towards your goal.
Finally, be thankful for what you have. Once you have done those things, you’ll likely see your luck improve. You have to prepare yourself for opportunities before you can expect them.
3. “Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained, and using well-spoken words: this is good luck.” – Buddha
You can’t reach your goals if you don’t have the skills to get there. So, focus on learning, perfecting your skills, and communicating well while exhibiting positivity. You have to put in what you expect to get out of it.
4. “One-half of life is luck; the other half is discipline – and that’s the important half, for, without discipline, you wouldn’t know what to do with luck.” – Carl Zuckmayer
Discipline yourself by continually learning. You won’t get what you want by sitting and waiting idly for it.
5. “I think we consider too much the luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sometimes those who reach the goal first don’t succeed. Remember this if someone is ahead of you in life. It doesn’t matter when you get there, as long as you are ready for it when it happens.
6. “Hard work and a proper frame of mind prepare you for the lucky breaks that come along — or don’t.” – Harrison Ford
You never know what opportunities will present themselves to you. So, you have to be ready when a lucky chance comes along. Otherwise, you’ll miss it, and it’ll just be another unlucky break.
7. “The Ancient Egyptians considered it good luck to meet a swarm of Bees on the road. What they considered bad luck I couldn’t say.” – Will Cuppy
If you are feeling down about your luck, changing your mindset can make all the difference. As Cuppy explains, everyone has a different view on what luck is. So, what you think makes other people lucky may not seem the same to someone else.
Reconsider your life and find something that you enjoy, or that brings positivity. This joyful attitude is what makes you lucky, not what other people consider lucky.
8. “I think luck is the sense to recognize an opportunity and the ability to take advantage of it… The man who can smile at his breaks and grab his chances gets on.” – Samuel Goldwyn
You have to pay attention and be ready when an opportunity arises. If you are waiting for the opportunity to come to you, you’ll likely miss it.
9. “You don’t get lucky while sitting on the sofa with arms crossed doing nothing. You can be lucky only when you are prepared.” – Nesta Jojoe Erskine
Sitting idly will not help you reach your goals. No amount of luck can help someone who isn’t working hard and preparing. You have to get started and chase after your dreams.
10. “True luck consists not in holding the best of the cards at the table; luckiest is he who knows just when to rise and go home.” – John Hay
You don’t have to stay until the end or wait until the last minute to make a decision. Sometimes, it’s best to know when to take what you’ve got and consider yourself lucky. You can’t keep going if you don’t have the tools or skills to get the job done.
11. “No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you. All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” – Mark Cuban
Failures happen to help you learn and grow. According to Mark Cuban, failures help prepare you for harder things to come, and they force you to find new ways of doing things. This lesson shouldn’t be something that weighs you down.
Instead, you have to keep trying again until you get it right. When someone is considered lucky, it doesn’t mean the person never failed. It means that they kept trying until they got it right.
12. “What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient but restless mind, of sacrificing one’s ease or vanity, or uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully.” – Charles Victor Cherbuliez
You have to be patient and alert when waiting for the right opportunity to arise. A willingness to sacrifice, work hard, and stay positive is required, too. This will all prepare you for when luck presents itself.
By preparing ahead of time, you’ll be ready when an opportunity presents itself. Doing this while expressing positivity is a good way of practicing the law of karma. When you give positivity, you get it back in return.
13. “Good luck is when opportunity meets preparation, while bad luck is when lack of preparation meets reality.” – Eliyahu Goldratt
As many of these quotes have explained, you have to be prepared if you want good things to happen. Only then will you reach your goals and get what you want. Without preparation, you’ll feel like you have bad luck.
14. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Unknown
A belief in luck doesn’t mean that you should expect things to happen that you didn’t work hard for. The harder the work, the better your luck will be.
15. “No one has as much luck around the greens as one who practices a lot.” – Chi Chi Rodriguez
As a professional golfer in the World Golf Hall of Fame, Rodriguez knows what it takes. When a challenge arises, those who do better are the ones who spent time practicing for it. You have to be prepared and have a high skill set if you want to do well when it matters.
As you can see, luck is the result of hard work. To reverse your fortune with luck, you have to prepare for the opportunity despite not knowing when it’s happening.
One final quote in regards to good luck was from Buddha when he said, “All that we are is a result of what we have thought.” If you think you can do it and put your mind on preparation, you will become what you always wanted to be.
Luck doesn’t happen by pure happenstance. Instead, it happens through determination, preparation, a willingness to learn, and hard work. Use these quotes about luck to reverse your fortune by following the advice of the experienced.