Reading quotes about motivating yourself when you feel anxious can help you work through the anxious feelings. They can also help you ignore the anxious feelings and keep being productive. Everyone needs motivation once in a while, and these quotes about motivating are the perfect place to start.
You may be the type of person who gives perfect advice to everyone else, but then fail to do the same for yourself. Likely, you motivate others around you to do their best. Those closest to you have probably been comforted by you and urged to stay motivated during anxious moments.
Yet, even with all of the great advice and motivation you give to others, you may still need motivation yourself. That’s where quotes about motivating yourself when you feel anxiety help.
Like the other people in your life who need advice and tips for staying motivated, you do, too. These quotes can help you get an outsider’s perspective on anxious situations that threaten your motivation. If you don’t have anyone in your life to help you, quotes about motivating yourself are even more helpful.
20 Quotes About Motivating Yourself to Conquer Your Anxiety
1. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
When you feel anxious, it’s tempting to put things off. You have to fight against that urge, however. The time will never be right and you’ll never be fully comfortable.
Get started now and work with what you have. As you go on, it will get easier and you’ll find more resources to help you on your journey.
2. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D Larson
Have faith in what you can do and who you can become. You are greater than anything that stands in your way, including your anxiety.
3. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
Anxiety normally occurs more than once in a person’s lifetime. Think about how you’ve reacted to that feeling in the past. This time, react in a different, more positive way.
If you react as you did in the past, you’ll get the same results as you did before. As Chopra explained, you’ll continue to be a prisoner of the past. On the other hand, if you react positively, you’ll get different results.
4. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew
You’ve made it through everything that’s happened so far in your life, and you’ll continue surviving. Ignore your anxiety and push forward. You can’t stay where you are because it’s uncomfortable.
5. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
The more time you spend watching the clock, the more time you’re wasting. You should be spending that time working toward your goals and getting things done. The clock never stops and neither should you.
6. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung
When you look inside yourself, you’ll see what you need to do. That’s when your goals can be reached. Looking outside only allows you to dream and focus on obstacles.
7. “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser
To ease your anxiety, try to find something to laugh about. It’ll make you feel better and will attract friendship, contentment, and will benefit you in a business sense.
8. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
If your anxiety comes from the worry about what others will think, you can put that to rest right away. Other people judge you less often than you believe. Most of them hardly think about the things that you do at all.
9. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
Nothing ever works out perfectly. There will be challenges to get through and you might have to make a new plan at some point. Even so, keep moving and working hard so that you can be successful.
10. “I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, not just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future.” – Carl Sandburg
If you live in the present moment, your anxiety will fade away. Don’t stress about the things that have already happened, and don’t let the future cause anxious thoughts. By focusing on now, you’ll be able to keep moving and effectively get things done.
11. “Everything you have ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
You have to push past the anxiety and fear if you want to reach your goals. Get started and keep moving. Before you know it, you’ll have the things you’ve worked hard for.
12. “My anxiety doesn’t come from thinking about the future but from wanting to control it.” – Unknown
Remind yourself that you can’t control the future. The only thing you can do is control the present. By doing this, you’ll ease your anxiety and begin setting yourself up for a bright future.
13. “No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.” – Unknown
Like the last quote, this one explains that having anxiety will not allow you to control the future. Only the things that you do now can lead you on the path you want. The past and future cannot be changed, but the present moment can be.
14. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us.” – Nicole Reed
When things don’t go as planned, it doesn’t mean that you’ve failed. When the anxious feelings kick in, remind yourself that you can now follow a new path. This new path will lead to great things that you never expected.
15. “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” – Walter Anderson
If you get started on something, you won’t have time to think about your anxious feelings and thoughts. Before you know it, the feelings will be gone.
16. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” – Charles Spurgeon
No matter how anxious you feel, it won’t stop the sorrows that you’ll feel tomorrow. What anxiety does stop is your strength today. Let go of the anxiety so you can be strong today.
17. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
To get through anxiety, focus on the present. If you live in the moment, you’ll be able to get through your anxiety.
18. “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” – Jodi Picoult
Anxiety might give your mind something to think about and your body something to stress about. As Picoult explained, it doesn’t do any good, however, and it doesn’t get you anywhere. Focus on something positive and you’ll get much farther.
19. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
It’s difficult to control your thoughts. Even though you should work to change your thought process, it doesn’t always work. What you should focus on learning is to not let those thoughts control you.
If you can learn to do that, you’ll be able to keep going when you feel anxious. You’ll learn to stay motivated and reach your goals, despite the negative feelings you’re having.
20. “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it—just as we have learned to live with storms.” – Paulo Coelho
Having anxious feelings is part of being human. It happens to everyone, so it’s important to learn to work through it.
Keep moving and getting things done no matter how anxious you are. You can’t let those feelings control your life. It’s important to work through every storm of life, and eventually it will pass.
Feeling anxious is a natural part of life and most people experience it. It’s important to learn how to work through it and ignore the part of you that wants to give up.
Keep moving and working toward your goals. These quotes about motivating yourself when you feel anxiety should help you keep going.