These days, it seems like bad news is everywhere we look. While staying informed is essential, focusing on all that’s wrong in the world is overwhelming. Get your power back by committing to focus on all the positive things in your life. These fifteen quotes about today will help you appreciate this very moment.
These Quotes About Living Life Today May Help You Stay in the Now
One of the most effective ways to stay in the present moment is to practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is an essential practice for all of us. As we work to inject positivity into our daily lives, being mindful allows us to stay in the present and remember to be thankful for life’s many blessings.
If you don’t know how to be mindful in your everyday life, don’t worry; it’s simple.
Being mindful is paying attention and letting yourself focus on what’s happening to you in the present moment. You can practice mindfulness by paying attention to your sensations when you’re showering, walking, and breathing. Other practices like yoga and meditation are helpful ways to be mindful and to center yourself.
15 of the Best Quotes About Today
Don’t let fear and stress win. Keep the following quotes about today to ensure you start and end each day with a focused mindset, renewed passion, and sustained energy.
1. “Depressed? You’re living as though you’re in the past. Anxious? You are focused on the future.When you are at peace, then you’ll be in the present.” –Lao Tzu
Quotes about today, like Lao Tzu’s famous line, remind us to shift our train of thought to focus on the only thing we can control: our actions in the present moment.
2. “If you wish to see others happy, be compassionate. If you hope to be happy, be compassionate.” –Dalai Llama
This quote by the Dalai Lama reminds us that true happiness for others and ourselves comes from acting compassionately. Before you let anxiety and stress overtake you, practice gratitude. You’ll see how quickly things will change.
During these difficult times, remember to care for others. Being there for your family, friends, and neighbors will help you to feel at peace and focus on the beauty still left in today’s world.
3. “Getting too caught up in our busy lives causes us to lose connections with each other and with ourselves.” — Jack Kornfield
A significant benefit of mindfulness is that it helps us reconnect. This is an essential superpower during our most difficult times.
While we can let our minds run rampant about the unknown, we also can control our thoughts and reel ourselves back in. Remember to focus on being still and meditating to bring yourself back into contact with the inner you.
4. “One must let go of the inner mind to be mindful. Just close your eyes and start listening!” — Jalaluddin Rumi
Rumi got it right in this quote about staying in the now. Quotes about today like this remind us that we’ve been gifted with the beautiful ability to think deeply. Make sure you don’t let overthinking take hold of you and cause undue stress.
Choose to free your mind and spirit from the constant loop of fearful thoughts. Listen to the truth and know that you are safe, happy, and healthy. Taking time just to be will help you focus on all the powerful truths in your life.
5. “If I’m hungry, I eat the foods I love, if I am bored, I do the things I love, if I’m alone, I connect with the people I love. If I feel sad, I remind myself that I am always loved.” –Michelle May
This quote reminds us to be practical when we feel the pangs of sadness and loneliness. Though it’s difficult to feel connected during our most trying times, you are never alone.
Take quotes about today like this one to heart and get into the habit of speaking truth to yourself. Know that you are always loved and never alone, even in the darkest of times.
6. “Life isn’t lost in death; we lose life minute by minute, day by day, in every uncaring way, we choose to act and live.” –Stephen Vincent Benet
Compassion and gratitude are often forgotten in today’s world. In many ways, most of us forget to care for our fellow humans as we get lost in the daily grind and all our responsibilities.
Practicing mindfulness gives us the chance to slow down and take a look at our lives. Choose to do the same now for yourself. How we choose to live and how we treat others is the key to truly living.
7. “Live In the now by remembering that everything will pass. When you feel joy, remember that it will pass– this helps you savor it more. When you feel sorrow and pain, remember that it will pass. This reminds us that greed, like happiness and joy, is also temporary.” –Joey Green
Nothing lasts forever.
Just as feelings of joy and intense happiness sometimes give way to pain and grief, remember that it will pass. Stay healthy during these difficult times as you cling to this truth and believe in a better future.
8. “Conventional wisdom would have us believe we are nothing. Coincidentally, love tells us we are everything. Our life flows between these two truths.” –Jack Kornfield
As you practice mindfulness more and more in your life, you’ll learn that while our lives may seem like a blip on the radar of history, choosing to press into the relationships and connections with our loved ones is what gives us meaning.
Don’t let the glaring truths of reality cause you to doubt yourself or your worth. Remember who you are and know that you’re loved fiercely.
9. “Every place you’re in is the right one–the place you’re in right now is a sacred space.” –Ravi Ravindra
Feeling uncomfortable, overwhelmed, and unhappy in these uncertain times is easy. However, your responsibility is to create a sense of peace in your life.
Choose to make your home or your room a bastion for peace. Claim every space you hold as one where peace, positivity, and abundance thrive. This transformative thinking will shape how you feel, carry yourself, and live in your space.
10. “Practice mindfulness. Have gratitude. Speak the truth. Practice kindness.” — Roy T. Bennett
It’s the simple things in life that challenge and change us.
Mindfulness allows us to reflect on our thoughts, analyze our actions, and make changes going forward.
Practicing gratitude reminds us that we are blessed in every situation.
Speaking truth allows us to walk in our power as we give the same gift to others.
Being kind is selfless as we do unto others as we hope they’d do the same for us.
11. “Try to use all distractions as the inspiration for meditation. In this way, they stop acting as distractions.” –Mingyur Rinpoche
Anything in life that distracts you from your peace and your passion is a distraction. While some negativity can’t be avoided, remember to center yourself and return to your peace of mind as soon as possible.
Practicing mindfulness lets you take time for yourself, escape from all the madness, and remember that there’s more to life than uncertainty and panic. Take some time to meditate, be alone, and let the calm wash over you, reminding you that you’ve got this.
12. “The brain is a muscle. Exercise it, it gets strong. This way, you’ll be able to expand it more.” –Idowu Koyenikan
If you don’t like the narrative that’s happening right now in your mind, it’s up to you to shift your focus.
Quotes like this help us stay in the now and train our brains to run from all toxic forms of thinking. The more you practice mindfulness and learn to stay in the moment, your thinking and mindset expands.
13. “If life is like a dance, being mindful is us witnessing that dance.” –Amir Ray
We can’t always control what happens to us, but we have a say in how we react and respond.
Take note of this quote to remind yourself to focus on the present moment. Rather than get bogged down by a fear of the future or lose yourself in regrets from the past, pay attention to every movement and motion happening this very second in the dance that is your life.
14. “‘Fear is the natural human response to getting closer to truth.”– Pema Chödrön
Living in the now isn’t about eliminating fear completely. It’s about working with it and acknowledging that this is a natural response to living in uncertain times.
However, as this quote proves, the fear you feel is merely an indicator that you’ve stumbled upon powerful truths that may change your life forever.
15. “That’s what life is: choosing to start over, taking it one breath, and one day at a time.” – Sharon Salzberg
Our lives radically change with every passing day. Though we all want to return to how our “normal” lives once were, we can create something entirely new.
Choose to start over; choose to reinvent yourself. Life is short, but we have the gift of today. Do with it what you will.
Final Thoughts on Quotes About Today
Though times may be tough, every cloud still has a silver lining. Dare to push through the negativity and overcome fear to find a sense of peace and hope. Finding ways to practice mindfulness in your daily life is important today and every day after.
Keep these fifteen quotes in mind to ensure your head is in the right place and your heart is full. While every day won’t be filled with happiness, these quotes can inspire you to fight for peace in your mind and the rest of the world.