Sometimes in life, you feel like you just can’t keep going through the motions anymore. We’ve all been there, and it isn’t a fun or pretty place to be. It can feel like you’re walking down a dark tunnel with no light at the end, or attempting to swim to the surface of the ocean, but feeling like something is dragging you down. We all lose motivation at times, and it’s okay to take breaks and rest our souls. However, we must get back up at some point and work toward our goals, because no one else will do it for us.
If you’ve been feeling unmotivated and exhausted lately, we hope the following quotes will help you to gain inspiration and motivation once again.
15 Of The Most Motivating Quotes of All Time
1. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always become a better version of yourself.” – Madonna
We all are a continual work in progress, so we can’t beat ourselves up for not being where we want to be in this very moment. It takes hard work, dedication, and serious soul-searching to become the best versions of ourselves, but we can always keep striving for better. We can always rise above our self-imposed limits and accept more than mediocrity. No matter what though, if you haven’t given up yet, then you should be extremely proud of yourself. This life is no cake walk, and it takes a true warrior to see it through to the end.
2. Never give up on something you really want; it is difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret.
At the end of your life, you don’t want to look back and see a story book full of regrets. You want to know that you gave this life your all and went for every dream. Life is happening right here and right now, and you have all the tools within you to succeed and live the life you’ve always wanted. Never, ever give up on what makes you feel alive. Never give up on you, because you matter, and don’t let anyone tell you any differently.
3. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
Life is full of struggles, but as long as you keep striving and working towards what you want, you’ll get there in time. If life was easy, it wouldn’t feel so rewarding to finally get what we want out of it.
4. “A man who conquers himself is greater than one who conquers a thousand men in battle”. – Buddha
Your greatest obstacle in life, believe it or not, is yourself. You can be your worst critic if you listen to the voices inside your head trying to bring you down. You have to learn to become friends with yourself first if you want to succeed in life.
5. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
Life experiences can change us, most definitely. However, they don’t have to define us or limit us from our true potential. Use your obstacles as opportunities rather than excuses.
6. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
You have the whole world inside of you, if only you’d stop looking outside yourself for the answers. You can do whatever you set your mind to in life, as long as you believe you can. The past and future don’t define you; what you do with the present moment does.
7. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
No matter your age, you can do whatever you want in life. Don’t let anyone tell you any differently, because it simply isn’t true. Ordinary people do extraordinary things every single day, so don’t reduce yourself to mediocrity based on what the critics may say. Follow your bliss, and do what makes your soul come alive!
8. “My goal is not to be better than anybody else, but to be better than I used to be.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
The only person you need to compare yourself to or compete with is the one in the mirror. Period. We do live in a competitive world, but life is not a race. Set goals for yourself and do what it takes to reach them, but don’t let yourself become depressed if someone else gets there faster than you. It isn’t about how long it takes; it’s about the journey along the way.
9. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” ~ Steve Jobs
I think this powerful quote speaks for itself, but just to add our two cents: You’ll never live a happy life if you only fulfill someone else’s dreams. You can either go after your dream or help someone else build theirs, but I think we both know the better decision of the two.
10. “I am the greatest; I said that before I even knew I was.” – Muhammed Ali
Just like the world-famous boxer, you have to tell yourself your worth every single day, even if you don’t feel you deserve it yet. You, not anyone else, determine your worth, so every time you look in the mirror, remind yourself that you matter, you’re awesome, and you can do this.
11. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Confucious
It’s okay to fail; in fact, it’s part of the human experience. Without failing, we would never learn and grow. However, we must get back up and try again, because if we remain persistent, we will eventually succeed.
12. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan