Staying strong isn’t always the easy route to take. Often, it is easier to give up than to keep pushing on during hard times.
While it may be easier to give up at the moment, the long-term consequences would be devastating. It is during the hard times that it is most important to stay strong.
By staying strong and pushing on through the hard times, you’ll be proving to yourself that you are able. You’ll also be proving to yourself and others that you can do anything you set your mind to.
When you realize this, there will be no stopping you. If you feel yourself wanting to give up, read these inspirational quotes about staying strong to help you get through. Remember, staying strong will help you come out even stronger in the end.
Inspirational Quotes About Staying Strong
1. “If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up.” – Unknown
Just because someone was able to bring you down doesn’t mean you are weaker than them. Get back up and show your strength.
This idea is the same for other hardships in life. It doesn’t always have to be a person who brings you down. You’re stronger than anything that comes your way.
2. “The pain you’ve been feeling can’t compare to the joy that is coming.” – Romans 8:18, The Bible
Even if you aren’t a religious person, this quote can bring some motivation and relief to any problem in life. If you’re strong, the hardships will end, and the joy will return.
3. “The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. Self-realization demands very great struggle.” – Swami Sivananda
Even when it’s tough, remaining strong is essential. Once you’re through the hardships, you’ll know just how strong you are. You’ll realize your worth the more you struggle and push on.
4. “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” – Leah LaBelle
Life isn’t easy, so giving up and not being strong can’t be an option. There will always be a struggle to get what you want. So you have to work and set your mind on the goal.
You can’t let anyone make you doubt your worth. If people make you think you need to give up, you are weakening when you need to strengthen. Believe in yourself and be strong, and you’ll achieve those goals.
5. “You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.”
– Timber Hawkeye
Sometimes you can’t change or control the way things are going or what is happening around you. The only thing you can control is how you react.
Try to stay calm and remember to breathe, because it won’t be that way forever. By staying strong you can come out better in the end.
6. “People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” – George Bernard Shaw
You can’t go through life, blaming things for the reason you haven’t reached your goals. Ignore the things that may be blinding you from where you need to be. Move forward despite anything that seems to be blocking you, and work your way through the obstacles.
This behavior is what successful people do. They create a life that will allow them to move forward, rather than giving up when there is an obstacle.
7. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
It’s easy to give up and give in when things get hard. As Sarah Dessen says, being strong is what will set you apart from the rest.
8. “Be strong; things will get better. It might be stormy now, but rain doesn’t last forever.” – Unknown
Hard times can’t last forever. By staying strong and standing up through the storm, better days will come. The hard times will be worth the payout in the end.
9. “Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
Everyone starts at the bottom. Success doesn’t happen overnight, and it doesn’t happen without hard work.
Even when it seems that the hard work and struggle aren’t paying off, remember to stay strong. Staying strong and pushing on when it seems useless will be what gets you to the goal in the end.
10. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
If everything were easy, no one would ever need to show great resolve. That’s why strength doesn’t come from winning.
Instead, strength comes from the struggle. It comes from the hard work and determination used to get to the goal. Whether this goal is to earn something or to get through a hard time, the struggle makes you stronger.
11. “You can’t control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen.” – Kody Keplinger
Some things can’t be changed. They run their course no matter what you do to prevent or stop them, and you’ll feel out of control. Even still, you have to remain stable.
Remember that this will pass eventually, and your actions now determine what will happen when you’re through the hard parts. Like Keplinger says, stay relaxed and calm, and things will smooth over when the time is right.
12. “Sometimes, you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
If you have to face something that usually breaks you, remember that being broken won’t pay off in the end. Remaining strong will get you through, and you’ll come out understanding just how strong you are.
You’ll be better because of it. Then, the next time you face your weakness, you will be less fearful or anxious. Work hard to better the situation, and refuse to give up.
13. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
People show their true colors when things get hard. This revealing of their character is why you must stay strong through hard times. It will prove your strength in the end, and you’ll know that you can get through anything.
It’s easy to be strong when life is perfect. It is in the moments when things are hard that determines your real strength.
Push on, stay true to yourself, and the good things will come to you. This time is when it matters, and you owe it to yourself to press forward.
14. “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford, in The Way of the Sword
As the quote says, giving up is so easy that anyone can do it. Fighting onwards is something only the strong can do. This saying underlines why leaders are the ones who meet their goals and seem to be happier.
Even when things get hard, and it would be understandable to give up, you have to remain stable. That is when your real strength shows.
15. “The more you love yourself, the less nonsense you’ll tolerate.” – Unknown
Loving yourself means staying strong despite anything else. When you stay strong and put yourself first, it’ll be easier to avoid those who treat you as less than you are.
Each time you stay firm when you could be weak, you are setting yourself up to be stronger next time. Eventually, those in your life will just understand that you will not tolerate games or mistreatment. By continually being strong, you are creating that name for yourself, and no one will be able to break you.
Final Thoughts On Inspirational Quotes About Staying Strong
When you feel like giving up or giving in, remember that it is more important than ever to stay strong. You owe it to yourself to come out even better in the end.
By staying strong you’ll be meeting goals and getting one step closer to where you ultimately want to be. You’ll be happier and more content, as well.
Don’t let a stressful moment or a moment of weakness to stand in your way. Continue being strong, and use these inspirational quotes about staying strong to keep you on the right track.