Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up late because you overslept or you spilled your coffee on your way to work? Either you’ve experienced the same or something totally different.
Having a bad day can totally mess with your mood, and if you’re not careful, it can ruin the rest of your week. To make sure that doesn’t happen, we’ve compiled a list of 21 inspiring life quotes to help you get through a bad day.
Some of these life quotes are self-explanatory, while others require some explanation.
1. Happiness’s an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. – Francesca Reigler.
You’re better off turning your sadness into happiness whenever you have a bad day.
2. Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines. – Robert Schuller.
For example, if you’re late on your bill payments, it’s not the end of the world – find a way to pay it and avoid being late next time.
3. When you come to the edge of all that you know, believe in either of the following: there’ll be ground to stand or you’ll grow wings to fly. – O.R. Melling.
There’s always hope no matter how bad the day is.
4. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. – Joshua J Marine.
Having a bad day is better because it helps you learn and grow.
5. Many of life’s failures are people who didn’t realize how close to success they were when they gave up. – Thomas Edison.
Therefore, be strong and endure the bad day because the success is worth it.
6. When you are having a a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you. – Patrick Stump.
This is one of those life quotes that reminds you to be mindful of others.
7. Every strike gets me closer to the next home run. – Babe Ruth.
Failure gets you closer to achieving your dreams.
8. Every single day is a good day no matter how dark or bright it is, since it always brings an opportunity to embark on a positive beginning in your life. – Edmond Mbiaka.
Embrace your hardships and don’t be discouraged.
9. Our greatest glory isn’t in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Confucius.
Hardships should never bring you down.
10. You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you. – Maxwell Maltz.
You are not defined by your failures.
11. For every minute that you’re angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness. – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
This life quote reminds us the importance of being positive.
12. Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. – John Lennon.
Being sad because you’re having a bad day doesn’t make the situation better.
13. One small crack doesn’t mean that you’re broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart. – Linda Poindexter.
Having a bad day shouldn’t make you lose all hope.
14. Being happy doesn’t mean that you’re perfect. It just means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections. – K.B. Indiana.
Even those that are happy experience bad days.
15. To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist. – Gail Sheehy.
What you learn from a bad day will build you for the rest of your life.
16. Nothing’s permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles. – Charlie Chaplain.
Never ever let a bad day discourage you.
17. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. – Anais Nin.
If you let a bad day spoil your moods, nothing will go your way.
18. A ship is safe in harbor, that’s not what ships are for. – John A. Shedd.
A bad experience shouldn’t stop you from pursuing your dreams.
19. Some days you tame the tiger. And some days the tiger has you for lunch. – Tug McGraw.
This is one of those life quotes that reminds you how tough life is.