These best quotes on friends will remind you why you should love and cherish your friendships. These relationships are one of the most important ones in your life, and they should be treated that way.
Friendships are about having someone to lean on and enjoy time with. You should be able to turn to your friends when you need a laugh, support, or just a brain break. The best quotes on friends are the ones that make you feel that same way; lighthearted and humorous.
Best Quotes on Friends That’ll Make You Laugh
There are the best quotes on friends for every type of friendship. If you find one that makes you think of a good friend, make sure to share it with them. Your friend is probably like you and will find themselves laughing, too.
1. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
When you’re doing well and at your best, you’ll notice many people who want to be around for it. It’s those who stay when things get rough that are your true friends, though. As Winfrey explains, you want the real friends who stick around after the fun ends.
2. “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” -Arnold H. Glasgow
While it’s good to have honest friends, it’s just as important to have friends who understand and are loyal to you. They’ll want you to feel good, so they’ll laugh when you’re trying to be funny. Likewise, they’ll listen and offer sympathy to problems they don’t think are too severe.
This kind of friend is important because you can truly let go around them. Plus, if they laugh at your bad jokes, they cherish your company, too.
3. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
No one is perfect, and a good friend is willing to disregard your flaws and accept you as-is. They’ll understand that you have imperfections, as they do, too. If you’re willing to accept their flaws and they accept yours, you’ll know you found a real friend.
4. “True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically.” – Unknown
If this happens to you, you can acknowledge that you have a good friend in your life. It means you’re at their home enough that you often need their WiFi.
5. “We are best friends. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up … after I finish laughing.” – Unknown
Best friends are completely comfortable around one another. This means that they will not feel bad about laughing at you when you fall. They’ll still help you up, though, which is all that matters at the end of the day.
6. “There’s nothing like the deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for all the right reasons.” – Stephen Chbosky in Perks of Being a Wallflower
You can only laugh this hard with someone you deeply care about and feel comfortable with. When you can let your guard down and allow yourself to enjoy that deeply, you have a true bond. These are the moments you will remember forever, even if you can’t remember what you were laughing about.
7. “Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside.” – Unknown
No one else can know how that friendship means to you, because they can’t feel what you do. Everyone will see the bond, though, and know that you are good friends.
8. “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
Seeing a friend will make your day better. When that friend shows up with chocolate, though, it takes it to a whole new level. Two of the best things at one time.
9. “It’s important to our friends to believe that we are unreservedly frank with them, and important to the friendship that we are not.” – Mignon McLaughlin
So, your friends may insist that they want you to be honest with them no matter what. This isn’t true, however, although they’ll make you promise. While it’s important to be honest in most cases, a little white lie can spare them hurt feelings.
10. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, ‘What about lunch?’” – A.A. Milne
The best relationships are simple ones, as Milne hints to in this quote. When you can be relaxed and comfortable, you’ll be able to let loose and enjoy yourself. This is what friends are for, after all.
11. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
When you are such good friends with someone that they know most things about you, keep them around. Not only does it show that they listen, but it means that you have had a deep conversation and lasting memories.
12. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” – Lois Wyse
There are many perks to have a good friendship with someone. Most importantly, they can help you stay sane when the world around you seems insane. They’ll keep you grounded and help you de-stress.
13. “Best Friend, the one you can get mad at only for a short period because you have important stuff to tell them.” – Unknown
If you’ve ever been mad at your best friend, you can likely relate to this. You want to hold your ground and stay angry, but you want to talk to them, too. It’s a struggle, but it just shows that you need your best friend in your life.
14. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
When someone knows you so well and still loves you, they are a true friend. Even better, they will encourage and motivate you to keep growing and become better.
15. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one!” – C.S. Lewis
Most friendships are formed due to a common interest. The connection with a friend can oftentimes be that instantaneous, too. You’ll feel that they are a person you would enjoy spending time with, and the friendship blossoms.
16. “Friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay, like an octopus on your face.” – Unknown
The friends who stick around through everything are real friends. They don’t leave when things change, and they stay by you always. In a way, they are stuck to you.
17. “Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’” – Cookie Monster
If you are willing to share your last favorite treat with someone, you know you have a friend. You’ll want to enjoy all of the great things in life with them, even if that means less for yourself.
18. “It seems to me that trying to live without friends is like milking a bear to get cream for your morning coffee. It is a whole lot of trouble, and then not worth much after you get it.” – Zora Neale Hurston
There is no point in trying to seclude yourself from others. Make friends and enjoy the relationships you form. Otherwise, you’ve worked for something that doesn’t even make you happy.
19. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself, he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter
Embarrassing yourself in front of a friend isn’t as bad as it sounds, because they’ll still like you. If they hear an embarrassing story about you, it won’t change their opinion of you, either.
20. “A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil – but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small silly presents every so often – just to save it from drying out completely.” – Pam Brown
Relationships can be strong and survive hard times, but they need work, too. Without putting any effort into them, they’ll fade away until the friendship is gone completely.
Having good friendships is important, and these best quotes on friends will help you remember that. As you laugh at these quotes, think of the friends who mean the most to you.
Friendships should be cherished and nurtured, as these best quotes on friends explain. They are also meant to be fun and carefree, helping you to stay balanced and happy.