When you feel like you need to be more hopeful, it can be hard to figure out how. These quotes on hope will help you find your hope again, however, and encourage you to keep going. With these quotes, you will remember why having hope is so important for your life.
You will be able to work toward your dreams and learn from your mistakes. Plus, having hope will help you get through unexpected obstacles.
Since things do not always work out the way you want them to, having hope is essential. Otherwise, you will get stuck in the hard times of your life, and you will not be able to see a way out. If you feel like you need to be more hopeful, read these quotes, and remember them always.
Fifteen Quotes to Help You Feel More Hopeful
As Swindoll explains, accepting and trusting are essential if you need more hope in your life. You have to accept things as they are, but trust that they will all work out for the best.
Keep in mind that trusting that they will work out does not mean they will go the way you wanted. Sometimes, the outcome that is for the best is not the one you desired. Even still, you have to accept it and trust that it is as it should be.
2. “Hope forever tells us that tomorrow will be better.” – Richard Daly
If you have hope, you can rest assured knowing that tomorrow is a new start. It can be a better day despite what happened today or yesterday. If you lack hope, remember this quote and remind yourself that tomorrow will be better.
3. “When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.” – Maya Angelou
Doing nothing will not get you anywhere. Instead, get moving and get involved so that your hope can return.
With work will come the realization that things are moving forward and will get better. If you choose to sit and wallow, however, you will not be able to have hope.
4. “Hope, as it pertains to love, is a good thing because by hoping for certain things such as an extended future with the one you love is made possible.” – John Franks
Sometimes emotions like love can be helped along with a little hope. If you have hope, it increases the possibility of getting what you want. On the other hand, if you do not allow yourself to hope, it may never happen.
5. “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.” – John Green
Always remember that you are not broken forever. Even when things seem like they will never get better, remind yourself that they will. If you can remember that you are not irreparably damaged, you can find hope again.
6. “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” – Steve Maraboli
If you plant these seeds in your life, you can expect great things to grow from them. By planting seeds of hope, you will have more hope as time goes on. Plus, you are increasing your chances of achieving what you are hoping for.
7. “Hold your head high, stick your chest out. You can make it. It gets dark sometimes, but morning comes. Keep hope alive.” – Jesse Jackson
Stay strong, no matter what happens in your life. Bad things will happen, but things also always get better. Remind yourself of this when things get hard and keep moving forward and working for more.
8. “If we expect change, we must act on our hope every day until we have accomplished what we wanted.” – Christopher Goodman
Think of what you hope for most and work toward that goal. If you want to have hope, you have to acknowledge what you want and determine what you have to do. Only when you are working toward something will you have the hope of it becoming a reality.
9. “I am not an optimist because I am not sure that everything ends well. Nor am I a pessimist because I am not sure that everything ends badly. I just carry hope in my heart. Hope is the feeling that life and work have a meaning. You either have it, or you don’t, regardless of the state of the world that surrounds you. Life without hope is an empty, boring, and useless life. I cannot imagine that I could strive for something if I did not carry hope in me. I am thankful to God for this gift. It is as big as life itself.” – Václav Havel
You do not have to consider yourself an optimist or a pessimist. Instead, trust that everything works out the way it was supposed to. Keep hope that life will get better because, without hope, you will have nothing, as Havel explains.
10. “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” – Jonas Salk
Dream big and imagine what your life could be like if you achieved all of your goals. Then, be courageous and start working toward that life, no matter how scary it may be to begin. This is when you will have the most hope because you will have begun the process to get there.
11. “It’s always something, to know you’ve done the most you could. But, don’t leave off hoping, or it’s of no use doing anything. Hope, hope to the last!” – Charles Dickens
Try your hardest, and if things do not work out, remain hopeful, and continue working hard. Your hard work will make you feel better, and you never know when things will work out. If you have nothing to hope for, there will be nothing to work for, so always have hope.
12. “Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.” – Helen Keller
Hope can open your eyes to so many things. You will be able to do more than you ever thought possible. If you just hold onto hope and keep working toward your dreams, you will achieve them sooner than you thought.
13. “You may not always have a comfortable life, and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once, but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama
Things will not always be perfect, and, inevitably, seemingly bad things happen sometimes. Even still, the things that you do each day are changing the world a little at a time. With hope, you can make a bigger difference than you ever thought you could.
14. “Every area of trouble gives out a ray of hope, and the one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable.” – John F. Kennedy
When bad or worrisome things happen, hope can grow from them. Since you can change anything, obstacles should only show you that you are getting closer. Get through those hard times, and you will be allowing yourself to move forward positively.
15. “No matter the number of times you fail, you must be determined to succeed. You must not lose hope. Don’t stop in your storm. Don’t give up so easily.” – Tony Narams
You will not always do everything correctly the first time. To learn, you have to fail every once in a while. So, when failure happens, remain hopeful because it means you are that much closer to succeeding.
To give up hope during the hard times, you will be forcing yourself to stay in that bad stage of your life. You owe it to yourself to get out of that situation and into something much better.
You will inevitably feel like you are losing hope sometimes. These quotes will help you feel more hopeful during those times in your life and help you regain your stamina. If you can remember these quotes and regain your hope, you will get through the hard times.
Always remember that things will not always be perfect. You will not always get what you want the first time you try it, so keep working on it. Remain hopeful that it will work out eventually and that when it does, it will be at the perfect time.
When you are feeling a little hopeless, remember the encouraging words of these quotes. You are not alone in that feeling, but it is important to get through it and find hope again.