Sometimes it may be difficult to hold onto hope and your faith in humanity may waver. Luckily, many quotes on hope will help restore your faith and help you see the good in the world.
Even when things aren’t going well and you can’t immediately see good things, remember that they are there somewhere. There are always good, loving people in the world, and there are always beautiful things and experiences.
As you go forward, you may need reminders to stay hopeful. These quotes on hope will remind you and they will help restore your faith in humanity.
Fifteen Quotes on Hope
With hope and faith, you will be able to make a huge difference in the world. You will be able to pave the way for change, helping to make the world a better place. When things seem out of control, remember that you are capable of making a difference, as long as you keep hoping. Read these fifteen quote on hope during those challenging days.
1. “Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.” – Lin Yutang
When one person has hope, it will lead others to have hope, as well. Eventually, that hope will become reality, as more and more people join in. Keep hoping so that you can help pave the way for the change you wish to see.
2. “Just as despair can come to one another only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.” – Ellie Wiesel
In a way, hope is contagious. It spreads from one person to another, just as despair does. Instead of losing hope and spreading despair to others, remain hopeful, and spread hope to others. This is the only way to see a positive change.
3. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
Just when you feel like giving up hope, the important things might happen. You will never know unless you keep hoping and trying to make things better. If bad things keep happening, keep hoping and reminding yourself that it means the important things are coming soon.
4. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Disappointing things happen to everyone, and sometimes the world around you will seem out of control. Life can never be perfect all of the time, so disappointment is unavoidable. Even so, you have to keep hope, as Dr. King describes in this quote.
5. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Just because there are some bad people in the world, it doesn’t mean the entire world is bad. It is still beautiful, and there is still good everywhere. Remain hopeful and remember that there are good people out there.
You can’t lose faith because of a handful of bad people. Remind yourself that there are people out there who have good morals and that together you can make a difference.
6. “I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
Even in the hardest times when people seem the most awful, there is beauty to be seen in the world. Instead of focusing on the bad things, focus on whatever bit of beauty you can find. This will help restore your faith in humanity.
7. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
Without hope, life would be unbearable. There would be no reason to go on, and no reason to try for anything. Don’t allow your life to become meaningless by losing hope, because you’ll be much happier if you can find it.
8. “Hope is a renewable option: If you run out of it at the end of the day, you get to start over in the morning.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Hope can never run out completely, as long as you remain open to experiencing it. Each time you wake up in the morning, you have a new chance at hope. If you give it a shot each day, you will be able to restore your faith and find the good in the world.
9. “You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.” – Thomas Merton
Life is unpredictable, and no matter how much you prepare, things may not go as planned. Even still, you have to remain hopeful that everything will work out. Embrace the unknown and be courageous as you move forward in life.
10. “Hope is the companion of power and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles.” – Samuel Smiles
Without hope, you will have no power and little success. Only with hope will you be able to accomplish great things, because this is where the gifts in life come from.
11. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” – Barack Obama
Don’t sit idly as you lose hope, letting life pass by without you striving for a change. The only way to restore hope and faith is to stay active and keep working toward your goals. You won’t find the good in the world if you aren’t out looking for it.
12. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
No matter what has happened, there are good people and good things in the world. If you aren’t finding any good, then you need to change your environment. Begin looking for the good, and then use it to fight for the change you wish to see.
13. “What is true of the individual will be tomorrow true of the whole nation if individuals will but refuse to lose heart and hope.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Your thoughts and desires for the world can only become reality if you remain hopeful. As Gandhi explains, one person’s hope can change an entire nation. Stay hopeful and spread that hope to others so that there is a greater chance of positivity in the world.
14. “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” – Woodrow Wilson
Life is more than going to work and earning a wage. You were born to change the world and to offer your insights, hopes, and spirits. Remain hopeful and keep striving to make a change, no matter how small, so that you will be fulfilled.
15. “To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something.” – Howard Zinn
While you may feel foolish to remain hopeful when it seems all hope is gone, you should still keep that hope. The reason hope is still so important is that history has shown that there is always good in the world. Even in the most tragic of times, compassion, sacrifice, courage, and kindness have been present.
Having hope is important to living a fulfilling and happy life. Without hope, you wouldn’t be able to achieve anything or make a change in the world around you. You wouldn’t be able to look forward to anything or dream of a brighter future.
With hope, however, anything is possible, as these quotes on hope explain. Even when it seems that there is no hope left and that there seems to be no good left in the world, you have to keep holding on. Remain hopeful, because that hope will help pave the way for change.
As these quotes on hope detail, the more hope there is in the world, the greater the chance of change. Do your part and remain hopeful so that you can spread that hope to others. Only then will you be able to see a change in the world.