Sometimes it may be difficult to hold onto hope and your faith in humanity may waver. Luckily, many quotes on hope will help restore your faith and help you see the good in the world.
Even when things aren’t going well and you can’t immediately see good things, remember that they are there somewhere. There are always good, loving people in the world, and there are always beautiful things and experiences.
As you go forward, you may need reminders to stay hopeful. These quotes on hope will remind you and they will help restore your faith in humanity.
Fifteen Quotes on Hope
With hope and faith, you will be able to make a huge difference in the world. You will be able to pave the way for change, helping to make the world a better place. When things seem out of control, remember that you are capable of making a difference, as long as you keep hoping. Read these fifteen quote on hope during those challenging days.
1. “Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.” – Lin Yutang
When one person has hope, it will lead others to have hope, as well. Eventually, that hope will become reality, as more and more people join in. Keep hoping so that you can help pave the way for the change you wish to see.
2. “Just as despair can come to one another only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.” – Ellie Wiesel
In a way, hope is contagious. It spreads from one person to another, just as despair does. Instead of losing hope and spreading despair to others, remain hopeful, and spread hope to others. This is the only way to see a positive change.
3. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
Just when you feel like giving up hope, the important things might happen. You will never know unless you keep hoping and trying to make things better. If bad things keep happening, keep hoping and reminding yourself that it means the important things are coming soon.
4. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Disappointing things happen to everyone, and sometimes the world around you will seem out of control. Life can never be perfect all of the time, so disappointment is unavoidable. Even so, you have to keep hope, as Dr. King describes in this quote.
5. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Just because there are some bad people in the world, it doesn’t mean the entire world is bad. It is still beautiful, and there is still good everywhere. Remain hopeful and remember that there are good people out there.
You can’t lose faith because of a handful of bad people. Remind yourself that there are people out there who have good morals and that together you can make a difference.
6. “I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
Even in the hardest times when people seem the most awful, there is beauty to be seen in the world. Instead of focusing on the bad things, focus on whatever bit of beauty you can find. This will help restore your faith in humanity.
7. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
Without hope, life would be unbearable. There would be no reason to go on, and no reason to try for anything. Don’t allow your life to become meaningless by losing hope, because you’ll be much happier if you can find it.
8. “Hope is a renewable option: If you run out of it at the end of the day, you get to start over in the morning.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Hope can never run out completely, as long as you remain open to experiencing it. Each time you wake up in the morning, you have a new chance at hope. If you give it a shot each day, you will be able to restore your faith and find the good in the world.
9. “You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.” – Thomas Merton
Life is unpredictable, and no matter how much you prepare, things may not go as planned. Even still, you have to remain hopeful that everything will work out. Embrace the unknown and be courageous as you move forward in life.
10. “Hope is the companion of power and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles.” – Samuel Smiles
Without hope, you will have no power and little success. Only with hope will you be able to accomplish great things, because this is where the gifts in life come from.
11. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” – Barack Obama
Don’t sit idly as you lose hope, letting life pass by without you striving for a change. The only way to restore hope and faith is to stay active and keep working toward your goals. You won’t find the good in the world if you aren’t out looking for it.