When you are going through hard times, it can be hard to stay positive. You may feel like giving up, or like life won’t ever get any better. Neither of these things is true, however, and there are many uplifting quotes about hard times that will help you.
The most important thing to remember is never to give up. It would be best if you always kept trying and looking for other ways to reach your goals.
Giving up won’t get you anywhere, but fighting through the hardships will. You will find yourself moving towards your goals and working toward a happier, better life. Remember these uplifting quotes the next time you are having a hard time, and they will help you get through.
20 Uplifting Quotes About Hard Times
1. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Disappointment happens in life, and we have to accept it for what it is. Even so, you can’t give up hope. Every hard time passes, so you have to keep hoping for better if you want it to happen.
2. “Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you are moving, you are creating alternatives and possibilities.” – Rodolfo Costa
When you sit still during hard times, you’re forcing yourself to stay stuck in a dark place. As Costa explains, in all situations, you have to keep moving. Even if you aren’t doing what you wanted, you’re still giving yourself a chance and allowing room for new opportunities.
3. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”- Rabindranath Tagore
Hard times are inevitably a part of life. Teach yourself to stop thinking of them as bad events with negative consequences. Instead, think of them as events that make the good times more beautiful or the calm times enjoyable
4. “If you feel like giving up, give up on that feeling and give in to the realization there are endless possibilities waiting to be discovered before you.” – Tom Althouse
Even when things seem like they can’t get any worse, you have to keep moving. There are many options for you, and just because one didn’t work out doesn’t mean the others won’t. So, keep looking and keep trying, because there are other possibilities out there.
5. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Life is so much harder if you have no hope. It causes your days to be darker, and you will have nothing to look forward to. If you can find hope, you’ll be able to get through the hard times a little easier.
6. “Going through challenging things can teach you a lot, and they also make you appreciate the times that aren’t so challenging.” – Carrie Fisher
Hard times have benefits to them, even if you can’t see it at the time. There is a learning opportunity in every hardship. Plus, the hard times make the happy times seem even better.
7. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth” – Unknown
You grow during the hard parts of life, and you develop a strength that can’t be obtained any other way. When you are going through a hard time, remember that you are only getting stronger because of it.
8. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
You can’t give up when life gets hard, or you’ll never reach your goals. To achieve your dreams, you have to keep trying when faced with adversity. If one way doesn’t work out, you have to find the way that will.
9. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”- Michael Jordan
When things are in the way of reaching your goals, you can’t give up. If you give up, you’ll never know how close you were or how great the achievement would have been. Instead, find a way around it or through it.
By not giving up during the hard moments, you’ll make much more progress towards your goals. You’ll get through the difficult times more quickly, too, if you keep trying.
10. “Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
When bad times occur, you can look forward to better times. Each hard time will follow with a benefit, even if you don’t see it right away. The hardships plant a seed for something amazing to grow from.
11. “Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds.” – Marta
You have to keep trying and believe in yourself when you are trying to succeed. When things go wrong, it should only make you more determined to keep going. To win when the odds aren’t in your favor will further prove how confident you should be.
12. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
Even successful people like Rowling face hardships in life. When you are at your lowest point in life, it gives you a good starting point to rebuild on. This is the chance for you to reach for your dreams and focus on how to make them happen.
13. “In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” – Robert Frost
No matter what happens, there is hope for tomorrow because life always keeps moving. There is always another chance to try again or to make things better.
14. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
If you spend all your time waiting for bad things to go away on their own, it’ll never happen. You have to learn to embrace these times and enjoy them as much as you can. Use it as a time to count your blessings and think about your hope for the future.
15. “Hard times are sometimes blessings in disguise. We do have to suffer, but, in the end, it makes us strong, better, and wise.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
While it’s never enjoyable to suffer, it pays off in the end by helping you grow. You will become stronger, better, and wiser during the hardships, just as explained in this quote.