Having hope will help you get where you want to be in life, as these quotes on hope will explain. Hope will help you get through hard times and give you the courage to go after what you want. It will give you light on your darkest days and guide you through uncertain times.
As long as you hold on to hope, you can always count on having something to look forward to. You will always have something to work toward, and failure won’t seem so devastating. Even when things don’t work out right away, having hope will ensure they can work out later.
Fifteen Quotes on Hope
When you seem to be losing hope, remember these quotes on hope. Everyone needs reminders sometimes, and these quotes on hope will do just that. Keep hoping for a better outcome next time, and you will continue to grow and learn until you can achieve your dreams.
1. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
When things are hard, having hope can make them a little better. If you remember that things can be better tomorrow, you will easily get through the hard times.
2. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Life doesn’t always go the way you want it to, and you have to accept that. Even still, you can’t lose hope. Keep hoping for better because with hope comes possibility, but you don’t even have the will to try without hope.
3. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
If you want to be happy, follow this suggestion from Bodett. With love, activity, and hope, you can find true happiness in life. So, look for these things so you can live a fulfilling and satisfying life.
4. “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up.” – Anne Lamott
When things seem hard, you will hope for them to work out. Your hope allows you to move forward because that is the only way you can get to the light. Keep hoping and keep waiting because it will all work out when the time is right.
5. “Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Although you have to admit that things don’t always go as planned, you still have to strive for better. Keep moving forward and working toward what you want. This continued hope will get you to where you want to be.
6. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
When you keep trying and aren’t getting the results you want, you still have hope. Keep trying because eventually, it will work out. When it seems you are losing hope, you have to hold on because that’s when the great things happen.
7. “Hope is the companion of power and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles.” – Samuel Smiles
If you have hope, you have power over your situation, and it will lead to success. With hope, miracles can happen, and the things that seem out of reach will be right in front of you. Remember this and hold on to hope, even when things don’t go as planned the first time around.
8. “However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Where there’s life, there’s hope.” – Stephen Hawking
Everyone is good at something, and there is always the opportunity to learn new things. Please find what you are good at and use it to succeed in life. When you do this, you will have renewed hope in yourself and your future.
9. “In fact, hope is best gained after defeat and failure, because then inner strength and toughness is produced.” – Fritz Knapp
When you have been defeated, you have developed greater strength and toughness, as Knapp explains. Use this as an opportunity to gain hope because you will be better able to work toward the goal again.
You now know what you shouldn’t do, so you’ll be heading in with greater knowledge the next time. Remind yourself of this, and it will give you hope that things will work out the way you want them to.
10. “Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it.” – Barack Obama
Even when things seem hopeless, hold on to hope because this is how you will reach greater things. With hope, you will be able to work and fight for what you want, and only then will you see a change. Remember that there is something better out there for you, and with hope, you can achieve it.
11. “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Figure out what you want more than anything else, and focus your hope on that. Then, live in a way that can make that hope become a reality.
Make all of your actions and thoughts align with what you are hoping for. Then, you will be able to grow from it and develop the strengths you need to achieve it.
12. “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.” – O. S. Marden
Hope can make you feel better after failing or being defeated. It can give you the strength to get through the day and focus on having a better tomorrow.
Nothing else can allow you to keep working toward your goal when everything seems to be going wrong. Hope is the only thing that will get you there, so hang onto it no matter what happens.
13. “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” – Laini Taylor
While hope isn’t magic, it can work like magic in the sense that it can make things happen. It will encourage you to work hard to achieve your goals, and then the hopes will become a reality. Without hope, however, you wouldn’t necessarily have the will to work as hard as necessary.
14. “Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.” – Václav Havel
Having hope doesn’t mean that you think everything will go perfectly the first time around. It also doesn’t mean that things will turn out well at all, as Havel explains. Instead, it means that you understand that everything happens for a reason, and you can still keep moving forward.
15. “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” – Jonas Salk
Through dreams and imagination, hope for a better future arises. Then, hope further develops through courage as you work toward making your dreams happen. Use this hope to set your eyes on your dreams and do whatever you can to make them happy.
Having hope will get you further in life than anything else, as these quotes on hope explain. Always remember that you can do anything as long as you hold onto hope through the harder times. Things may not go as planned, but that doesn’t mean they will never be better.
As long as you remain hopeful, you can always count on things improving or going your way eventually. Plus, you can accept when things don’t work out right away or when you are disappointed. Without hope, however, you won’t be able to expect things to improve, leaving you stuck where you are now.
When you are struggling to be hopeful, remember these quotes on hope. Follow the advice and reminders given, and you will be able to hold onto hope for a better future.