Friends and family often create joy in our lives, so it’s fitting that there are fun quotes about them. These quotes will remind you of the fun times you’ve had with your friends and the memories that were created. The fun quotes will help you feel gratitude for your loved ones and help you realize how lucky you are.
Your close friends and family are important, and they have helped you become the person you are. No matter what distance lies between you, they are there in your heart and soul. As you grew together, you became permanently entwined in one another’s lives.
Those who you see often are still contributing to the person you are yet becoming. The length of the friendship won’t matter, because all close friends and family are important and dear.
Close friends and family are special because no matter what happens, they want to see you smile. Your happiness is just as important to them as their own, and you’ll know who these people are. These fun quotes about friends and family will bring your loved ones to mind and a smile to your face.
Fun Quotes About Friends and Family
1. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
When you realize that you have something in common with another person, it forms a bond. If the thing you have in common is unusual, the bond will be even tighter. Friendships form over people having things in common, and this fun quote explains just how that happens.
2. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy
With a true friend, you will be able to enjoy your time when you are doing nothing. Simply spending time relaxing with them will be enough, because the companionship is what’s important. When you can enjoy time like this with a friend, you will know that they are real friends.
3. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weed
When you have a family, it means you always have someone to turn to. You are part of something that can’t be broken, and you will always have someone who loves you. Remember that even when times get hard between you, they will still be there when you need them.
4. “Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
Friends and family are very similar because they both love you unconditionally and want the best for you. They will be there in your times of need and during times of peace. You will always be able to count on them.
With that being said, remember that your family can also be your best friends, as Stewart explains. Likewise, you can consider your best friends to be family regardless of the lack of blood relation.
5. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You don’t always have to be serious or professional around your friends. Be silly, laugh, and be yourself. With a friend, it’s encouraged.
Friends are the people you feel comfortable being yourself around. You should feel comfortable and be able to let your true colors show.
6. “Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house, and you both just want to take a nap.” – Unknown
You don’t always have to be doing something fun when you’re with a friend. If you’re tired and want to lay around, have the companionship is enough. When you have someone that you are comfortable enough in their presence to take a nap, keep them around.
7. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” – Plutarch
Life wouldn’t be much fun if your friends were just like you. They should make things different. So, be yourself and let them be who they are, too.
You need someone in your life who has different ideas from your own. They should bring new insight into your life and cause you to see things you wouldn’t have seen otherwise. This is a good thing because you don’t need a second shadow.
8. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
Your family is often your inspiration to reach your goals. Plus, they are where you go for comfort when you’re feeling down. They are there for the good and the bad, remaining steady as they guide you.
9. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
Your true friends and family will be there when things aren’t great. They won’t only show up for the excitement and fun, as Winfrey explains. The ones who stick around when life gets hard are the ones you should keep close.
10. “The single most important factor in our long-term happiness is the relationships we have with our family and close friends.” – Clayton M. Christensen
Even being successful and having materialist things can’t make you happy. Having good relationships with friends and family can, however. This is the only way to reach long-term happiness because momentary happiness can’t replace that.
11. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
Your loved ones help create who you are. They bring happiness that leads to all the other amazing things about you. When you have them in your life, show them you are grateful for what they bring to your soul.
12. “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones you accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what.” – Unknown
Friends can be family, too. The people who are there for you through everything and want to be in your life are your family. Whether they are blood or not, your family will want you to be happy and feel loved all the time.
13. “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
If your friends and family are far away from you, remember that you still have them inside you. They will always be there in your heart and mind because your memories and emotions are there. When you are missing them, look inside yourself, and you’ll find a little piece of them there.
14. “The family – that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.” – Dodie Smith
No matter how far away you go or how often you see one another, your family is always with you. All the memories that you have shared and all the times you grew together are there. You can’t escape it, as it’s always going to be a part of you.
15. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself, he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter
The way to recognize a friend is by telling them when you’ve done something dumb. Once you’ve told them, a true friend’s opinion of you won’t change. They will continue loving you the same as they did before, and they will still realize how amazing you are.
Certain people in your life likely came to mind as you read these fun quotes about friends and family. If so, be sure to share the quote with them, so they know you were thinking of them.
Close friendships and family connections are important, so be sure to nurture the relationships and show that you are grateful. These are the people who contribute the most to your life, and that want to see you happy.
Friends and family help you grow and are there for you when you’re down. They are there for the good times and the bad, and you can always count on them. Remember these fun quotes about friends and family so you can share them with your loved ones.