There are many quotes on family love that you should always remember. The relationships you have with your family are ones that can’t compare to any others.
Your family knows you better than anyone else ever can. They understand things about you that you don’t understand about yourself. You’ll be able to turn to them no matter the situation, and no matter what has transpired between you in the past.
Quotes on Family Love Everyone Needs to Remember
If you are lucky enough to have a family, embrace and love them through everything. These quotes on family love can help you remember that the next time you encounter your family.
1. “In truth, a family is what you make it. It is made strong, not by number of heads counted at the dinner table, but by the rituals you help family members create, by the memories you share, by the commitment of time, caring, and love you show to one another, and by the hopes for the future you have as individuals and as a unit.” – Marge Kennedy
If you want your family to be a positive part of your life, make it that way. Go out of your way to create memories and show your family members how much you love them. This is what will make those ties stronger.
Creating memories and showing your love is only part of making the family ties stronger. You should also share your hopes for the future, and help your family reach their goals, too. All of these seemingly small things are what make a family better, closer, and more loving.
2. “My dear young cousin, if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the eons, it’s that you can’t give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.” – Rick Riordan
No matter what happens in your family, you can’t give up on them. They may annoy you, offend you, or even hurt you, but you should forgive them and give another chance. You’re tied to your family despite anything that happens, so give them some grace when they make a mistake.
3. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” – Irina Shayk
After reading this quote by Shayk, you probably envisioned a home in your mind. The home you envisioned is where you belong. This will be the home in which you can relax, be yourself, and just enjoy what is going on around you.
4. “One’s family is the most important thing in life. I look at it this way: One of these days I’ll be over in a hospital somewhere with four walls around me. And the only people who’ll be with me will be my family.” – Robert Byrd
Not everyone who is in your life now will be there in your hospital room when that time comes. The ones who will be there without a doubt are your family. This is because family love cannot be compared to anything else, and you’ll always be tied to them.
5. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weed
A family is an extraordinary unit that you will always be a part of. When you feel alone, you know that you do have a family you can go to for love or guidance. You will always have someone to love, and someone will always love you if you have family in your life.
6. “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs, the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones that would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.” – Unknown
You may have come into your family in a way other than birth. This doesn’t mean you are loved or wanted any less than those who were born into a family. As long as your family unit accepts you and loves you through everything, you have a loving family.
Sharing the same genetics cannot determine the amount of love someone feels. Blood doesn’t mean a thing. All that matters is family love and embracing those who love you.
7. “My mother used to tell me that when push comes to shove, you always know who to turn to. That being a family isn’t a social construct but an instinct.” – Jodi Picoult
You never know who you can count on except family. When you’re in trouble, or you just need someone to turn to, your family will be there. Those you share roots with will always be there to help you when you need it most.
8. “Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you.” – Jenna Morasca
When you have family left in your life, appreciate them and treasure the time that you have. You’ll be annoyed and even angry sometimes, but you’ll also create unforgettable memories. Your family knows you better than anyone else ever will, and they’ll love you through the hardest times.
9. “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” – Lee Iacocca
Many hardships can get in the way of family, but family survives all of the storms. In the end, no matter what transpired, family comes back together and supports each other. When you have that type of support system, it’s the only thing you’ll be able to have faith in completely.
10. “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
It doesn’t matter how far away from your family you are because they are still with you. You’ll carry them in your soul because they have helped shape you into who you are.
Some memories can never be taken from you, and this is what sets you apart from everyone else. Your family creates this unique world inside of you that Buechner describes. This world is created because no one else has the same thoughts, background, and memories that you do.
11. “There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human, are created, strengthened, and maintained.” – Winston S. Churchill
Since you are most comfortable around your family, this is where you will grow the most. You’ll be able to develop and strengthen the virtues that will make you the person you want to be.
12. “Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.” – Unknown
You all start from the same place, but you go in different directions. At the end of the day, however, each family member is still a part of the others. You have the same roots and the same trunk, despite the direction you chose to grow in.
13. “At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.” – Barbara Bush
There are many things in your life that you will be tempted to put first, whether by necessity or desire. The thing that should always come first, though, is family.
Spend time with them and enjoy the relationships that develop. If you do this, you’ll have no regrets at the end of your life.
14. “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain
Teenagers think that their parents don’t know anything. They don’t want to listen to their parent’s advice or anything else they have to say. As you get older, this all changes, and you’ll suddenly want to hear everything.
15. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
As these quotes on family love explain, we start our lives in a family that will shape who we become. These relationships will guide you and give you the motivation and confidence do reach your goals. When you fail, they will be there for you, and when you succeed, they’ll still be there.
These quotes on family love need to be remembered because these are relationships that can’t be replaced. Families aren’t perfect, and hardships and hurt feelings will occur, but you should never walk away.
Love your family, and let them love you. They were there from the beginning and will be there in the end. Remember these quotes on family love, and you’ll always feel blessed by those who are in your life.