Falling in love is one of the most exhilarating feelings you’ll ever experience. It is also one of the scariest things to experience, as it requires letting your guard down.
Love is a part of life, though, and the happy feelings you’ll get will be worth anything that follows. Who knows, the person you are falling in love with could end up being the person you spend forever with.
If you feel like you are falling for someone or if you already know that you have, these quotes are for you. They’ll help you wrap your head around what you are feeling and help you think logically about it. Plus, they’ll remind you of all the fantastic parts of love.
These quotes can also help you if you are afraid of getting into a new relationship. When you have been hurt before, or you have trouble trying to express your feelings, it can be hard. Luckily, these quotes can help you understand the happiness you’ll find in opening up about the idea.
Heartfelt Quotes About Falling in Love
1. “Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time to think about what’s happening. It’s inevitable. An event you can’t control. A crazy, heart-stopping, roller-coaster ride that just has to take its course.” – Jackie Collins
You never know when you are going to fall in love, and it happens at the most unexpected times. It just happens, and you can’t control it. So, since Collins described it as a roller-coaster ride, make sure you enjoy the crazy ride that is love.
2. “Because if I fell any deeper for the way his eyes crinkled with his smile or his habit of tapping on his nose to emphasize a point, my ship would be sunk.” – Katherine McIntyre
When you fall in love, you’ll fall in love with the smallest things about the other person. These smalls intricacies of your loved one are unique to them alone. Because of this, you’ll love the things that make them who they are.
3. “Falling in love is easy. Falling in love with the same person repeatedly is extraordinary.” – Crystal Woods
Since you never know when you are going to fall in love, it’s easy. It just happens, and you have no control over it. If you are lucky enough to fall in love with the same person many times, you’ve found the one.
4. “You meet thousands of people, and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.” – Jake Gyllenhaal as Jamie Randall
This hopeful feeling is how you know you have found the person meant for you. If no one else can make you feel the way that they do, they are special. Likewise, if you’ve never been able to feel this way about anyone else, you’ll know that this is different.
This is why love is so surprising because even those who aren’t looking for it fall in love. Those who haven’t been interested in anyone else can suddenly fall for someone entirely new. It’s unpredictable, but you’ll know it when you feel it.
5. “First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.” – Maya Angelou
There is no feeling like love, but being in love is a close second. Sometimes relationships don’t work out, however, and falling out of love will hurt. You can’t be afraid of being hurt, though, and if you are, you have to resist against that fear.
When you’ve met someone special, the feelings you experience will be worth anything that may or may not happen. Plus, you’ll never know what can happen if you give in to the feelings that you have.
6. “Falling in love is not an act of will. It is not a conscious choice. No matter how open to or eager for it we may be, the experience may still elude us. Contrarily, the experience may capture us at times when we are definitely not seeking it when it is inconvenient and undesirable.” – M. Scott Peck
You can’t control when or how you fall in love, and you can’t simply decide to do it. Falling for someone is something that happens on its own, no matter the timing or situation. Even if you think it is bad timing, love can happen to you despite any reservations you have.
7. “I’m not just falling in love with you, I’m falling into you. You’re an ocean, and I’m falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are.” – Jasinda Wilder
Love can be all-consuming and make you feel out of control. You’ll feel like you are intertwined with the person you love.
It can be hard to keep a grasp on reality when you’re falling for someone. This is all part of the extraordinary experience, and it’s something unique to this sensation.
8. “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.” – Senior Ed Bloom
You’ll never forget the moment you met the person you love. The smallest details will still be vivid in your mind, and they’ll likely stay there forever. It’s like time stopped, and you were able to take this photograph in your brain to remember years later.
9. “Love is a feeling, a feeling of happiness. Love is powerful, too powerful to play with. This feeling is strange and hard to describe, but when you fall in love, you will know it inside.” – Unknown
The feeling of falling and being in love will be difficult to describe. You’ll be happy and feel many other ways all at the same time. It’s a feeling that can’t be understood until you experience it, and you’ll know it when you do.
10. “I loved him desperately, completely, and he wasn’t threatening to consume me anymore. He already had. Everything that was me was him. My heart, mind, and soul all were as much a part of him as they were me.” – Cassandra Giovanni
When you love someone this deeply, you will be consumed by it. You’ll feel as if the two of you have become one person.
11. “She wonders if this is what people call falling in love, the desire to be with someone for every minute of the rest of her life so strong that sometimes she is frightened of herself.” – Yiyun Li
You’ll find yourself wanting to spend every second with a person when you are falling for them. Every second you’re awake, you’ll think about them and wonder what they are doing. It’ll be weird and maybe even worry you when you realize just how deeply you feel for them.
12. “He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.” – Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
When you are falling for someone, you see them no matter how hard you try to avoid it. You can try to avoid looking, but you’ll still see them if they are nearby. You’ll sense their presence and feel them, feeling that rush of happiness.
13. “A priceless moment is when the person that you have fallen in love with, looks you right in the eyes to tell you that they have fallen in love with you.” – Unknown
While love is a great feeling, knowing that love is reciprocated even better. That look they give you when they express their feelings will be one that you remember forever.
If you are in a new relationship, experiencing this kind of moment is even more special. You are trying to figure out how to express your feelings, so eye contact is essential.
14. “It’s so hard and scary to open your heart to someone. It’s much easier to kind of float and not invest and not expose yourself and not open your heart. The point is, vulnerability is the key to happiness. Vulnerable people are powerful people. Opening your heart and sharing it means you’re going to get so much love in your life.” – Amy Poehler
As amazing as love is, it is scary, too. Knowing that a person can hurt you can make you feel vulnerable. So, thinking that way, it seems easier to avoid love, but this isn’t really what you should do.
Instead, accept the vulnerability and embrace the idea of being as happy as possible at the moment. By doing this, you’ll be able to give love and receive love freely.
15. “Don’t try to stop your heart from falling in love, because in the end, it may be worth it.” – Unknown
As scary as love can be, it will be worth it in the end. All of the experiences and happy moments will be memories to cherish forever. Even better, the person you are falling for maybe the person with whom you’ll spend the rest of your life.
Falling in love is such an exciting and happy time in life. Even if it is scary, too, it is worth it all in the end. The feelings you’ll experience are unlike any others.
It’s important to express your feelings when you love someone, as these quotes have explained. Whether it is a new relationship or a longer one, showing the love you feel will help you grow.