Friends are some of the most important people in our lives and for an excellent reason. These best quotes on friendship explain how dear friends are and why they are so important.
When you find good friends, make sure they know how much they mean to you. Friends are the ones who will make your life meaningful, fulfilling, and happy. Plus, they are the ones who will remind you of who you truly are and will lift you when you need it.
You will make some of your best memories with friends, and they’ll become an integral part of your life.
Fifteen Best Quotes on Friendship
Please share some of these best quotes on friendships with your friends so that they can be reminded, too. The quotes will surely bring a smile to both of your faces.
1. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
Your friendships will change your life. They will awaken in you something that wouldn’t have been otherwise. You will create memories that never would have happened without that person.
Each friend that comes into your life will bring something new. You will experience something new, learn something you use for the rest of your life, or create a memory that will last forever. These are things to cherish, so cherish every friendship you have.
2. “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” – Charles R. Swindoll
Think about your happiest, most joyful moments in life and take note of who you were with. You were likely with friends because it seems to be easiest to let loose with friends. They make life fun and give it meaning while helping you forget about all of your problems.
3. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
There is no textbook explanation of what friendship is and how to achieve it, as Ali explains. You can only figure it out by talking to people and getting to know them. Being a friend is only learned and strengthened by putting it into action.
4. “Every friendship goes through ups and downs. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together.” – Mariella Frostrup
Like any relationship in life, friendship is never perfect. There will be hard times when you don’t spend as much time together as you used to.
Even though this happens, the good in this is that the friendship will return to normal pretty quickly after. Don’t ruin a friendship when you notice this happening. Instead, ride it out and wait for things to return to normal.
5. “There are no rules for friendship. It must be left to itself. We cannot force it any more than love.” – William Hazlitt
Much like love, your friendships require a deep connection and a certain level of understanding. It is not something that can be forced because friends are comfortable and at ease with one another. When you try to force a friendship, it will never seem quite right.
Something will always seem off, and you won’t be able to let your guard down. You have to be able to be yourself if you want a friendship to work truly.
6. “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” – Anna Taylor
When you have an amazing friend, you won’t be able to remember what you felt like before they came along. All you will know is that you never want the friendship to end and have a friend for life.
7. “Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.” – Thomas Aquinas
It can be hard to enjoy even the easiest things if you don’t have a friend to do it with. Even sharing things with your friend after they happen can make the tasks more enjoyable. Knowing that you have someone to talk to at the end of the day can help give life pleasure, and meaning.
8. “There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one’s self, the very meaning of one’s soul.” – Edith Wharton
Sometimes you will meet a person who seems to be just like you, as Wharton explains. They will be so much like you that your souls seem to align. Through this friend, you’ll be able to see yourself clearly, too.
9. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer
Your friends will never let you forget who you are. They will always be there to bring you back and to light the fire again. You will always be able to count on there to help you when you feel like you are in a funk.
10. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” -Amy Poehler
Your friends should be people you feel safe and comfortable with and people you can be yourself around. They should also be people who challenge you and inspire you, as Poehler explains. When you find these people, spend as much time as possible with them so you can grow and develop positively.
11. “Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.” – Eustace Budgell
Friends don’t try to hurt one another or make the other feel bad about themselves. True friends want to see one another do well. They will help each other and build each other up, all with the desire to see the other happy.
12. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” – Lois Wyse
Friends will always keep you grounded and connected to life. They will be a part of your past and present, and they will likely play a role in your future. Plus, they are the ones you will turn to when things seem to be out of control.
13. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” – Khalil Gibran
When there is dew on the grass in the morning, it gives a sense of freshness and starting anew. This is how friendship should be, and the laughter is the dew that makes everything fresh. Keep this type of friendship in your life so that you can always get that bit of freshness when you need it.
14. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time, we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
Just because you have grown away from a friend doesn’t mean that relationship doesn’t matter anymore. Each friendship you have will change your life in some way, and your lives become forever entangled. It would help if you always were happy and thankful that for a time in your life, you were able to spend time and grow alongside that person.
15. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
With just a look, a friend may know exactly what you are thinking. There is no need to speak in these instances because a good friend will get it. Plus, they know secrets about you and understand who you are without having to ask.
Friends get to know one another on a deep level and can sense how the other is feeling. The better your connection with your friend, the less you will need to mention.
As these best quotes on friendship explain, friendship is precious and dear. You should cherish your friends and hold them close because they are a part of who you are. Never let your friends forget how much they mean to you.
If you thought of any of your friends while reading these best quotes on friendships, make sure to share them. Your friend will love to know that you were thinking of them, and the quote will be sure to put a smile on their face.