These quotes for besties will be great fun to share with your best gal pals.
It’s great to have a bestie to have fun with and talk to. They will know you better than your own family sometimes. They will also be there for you when you need someone to put you in your place. You want to be sure to reach out to your friend as often as possible to keep the camaraderie strong. If you don’t know what else to say, you can always send them a text.
Here are 15 quotes for besties to share with each other.
1. “Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare — and precious as a pearl.” – Tahar Ben Jelloun
Pearls are rare commodities in life. So are friends. You need to recognize the true friends in your life so that you know to treat them with care. You need to nourish the relationships by making time for them and reaching out to them. You basically just need to be a good friend yourself. If you don’t care about your friendships properly, you may lose them.
2. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” — Oscar Wilde
There are many people who may not be as happy for you when you succeed in life as you’d like them to be. Some people may only fake their happiness. They could actually be somewhat upset by the news because it makes them feel bad about their own life. True camaraderie happens when you are sincerely happy for each other when good things happen. True friends don’t get jealous.
3. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
We all have multiple aspects to our personality. Some parts of us aren’t great. We may be jealous or lazy at times. A true friend is a person who doesn’t only know the superficial side that we show people. They also know the other side to us. The side before we put on makeup or had our coffee. Not only do they know this side of us, but they appreciate it.
4. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” — Robert Brault
As we get older, we have more on our plate. Soon, our schedules are filled with different work and school events. It can be hard to fit time into the calendar for friends. However, a true friend doesn’t need to look at the calendar to make time for you. They will find a time to make time for you no matter what else they have to accomplish that day.
5. “Friendship is a pretty full-time occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You can’t have too many friends because then you’re just not really friends.” – Truman Capote
Some people have a lot of friends. This quote for besties reminds us that too many friends may not be the best strategy. Friends require a lot of time and effort. If you spread yourself too thin, you won’t be able to be a great friend. That means you may have a lot of acquaintances but not friends. Stick to a couple of close friends and really develop those relationships instead of focusing on multiple surface-level friends.
6. “Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.” – Samuel Butler
Relationships are a lot of work. It can be easy to meet people and start relationships. However, you need to put in the effort to keep these people in your life. They require nurture and care to stay in your life. When you find a good friend, call them and do things for them.
7. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
There’s more to learn in this world than math and science. Quotes for besties remind us that we also need to learn how to treat a best friend. In fact, this is arguably a more valuable lesson than anything else you can learn. You should consider learning how to be a good friend just as important as every other subject in school. Strive to get an A.
8. “A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” – Frances Ward Weller
Some people aren’t good at recognizing the truth. This is especially true when the truth is something difficult to come to terms with. A best friend will have the courage and the knowledge to tell you the truth when you aren’t even listening to it yourself. Do your best not to get angry at the truth but appreciate the person who cares enough to say it to you.
9. “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” – Elizabeth Taylor
Have you ever found yourself in trouble? You will learn who your true friends are. Your surface-level friends are the ones who talk about you and laugh behind your back while pretending to be true to your face. Your real friends are the ones who do their best to minimize the drama and stand by your side. They will even tell others to stop when talking about you instead of participating.
10. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” — David Tyson
These quotes for besties remind us that it’s not always about the conversation. Sometimes it’s about just relaxing and being comfortable around each other in the silence. This goes to show that you don’t feel the need to fill the void with mindless talk. You can just enjoy the silence together until there’s actually something to talk about.
11. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
You shouldn’t pick a friend based on what they can do for you. However, great friends are there to inspire you and bring out the best of yourself. When you surround yourself with positive, successful people, they can help bring the same out of you.
12. “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.” — Octavia Butler
These quotes for besties remind us that a best friend should have good timing. They will know what to do and when to do it. They will know this since they can read your body language and know you well enough to make those calls. You should be able to do the same for your friends when they need it. Practice your timing and your unspoken communication with your friend. You can say a lot to each other without ever talking as long as you are alert.
13. “Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.” – Francesco Guicciardini
If you want to make friends, you need to get out there. You need to do things with people and develop these relationships. It’s worth the time and effort since it will result in joy and a true connection with another person. You may even find a best friend at the end of it all.
14. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
You should not be a one-sided friend if you want someone to be a friend to you. You need to work hard at it. If you want to develop a muscle, you need to exercise it. If you want a relationship to grow, you need to exercise that relationship. Go out and have fun. Be there when they need you to be. Let your guard down and listen when they finally let their guard down.
15. “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ? Linda Grayson
A friend is great. However, adding chocolate to the situation is always helpful. If your friend doesn’t have chocolate, you should be a friend with chocolate. They’ll bring it the next time.
These quotes for besties are a quick way for you to reach out to your friend and tell them that you are thinking about them. It can be easy to get caught up in the business of day to day life. We have to put the effort in when we want a relationship to work. You and your best friend have been through a lot, and you need to show them you still care.