Every stage in life brings its own set of challenges. At times, it can be hard to find the positive and happy moments in your everyday life. However, by making a commitment to looking for the good in life, you’ll be able to find uplifting moments and positivity everywhere you go. These positivity quotes are perfect for baby boomers!
The Best Positivity Quotes for Baby Boomers
Whether you’re prone to looking on the bright side or you’re having a hard time celebrating life’s little joys, everyone can benefit from a positive pick-me-up. The following 25 quotes will remind you to keep searching for happiness wherever you are and wherever you go:
1. “Act as though every action you make has a significant impact on the world.” —William James
Baby boomers and everyone alike must remember that all decisions they make in life matter. Regardless of what stage in life you are in, keep in mind, there is a purpose in everything you do.
2. “Success isn’t final and failure isn’t fatal. What matters is finding the courage to continue.” —Winston Churchill
We all make mistakes and mess things up, but that’s what humans are supposed to. Instead of focusing on these mistakes, envision about your next steps to continue.
3. “Always keep your head held high. This is the only way to take on the world: by looking hit straight in its eyes.” —Helen Keller
Fear is not a constructive emotion. Whenever these feelings creep into your life, simply raise your head and dare to take on the world one day at a time.
4. “The outcome you achieve when you reach your goals isn’t nearly as important as the person that you become in the process of achieving your goals.” –Zig Ziglar
Achieving your goals changes you. Wherever you find yourself in life, know that every step of the way is a precious moment in the person you are actively becoming.
5. “Believe you can do anything and you’re already well on your way to achieving your goal.” –Theodore Roosevelt
Motivation never ceases to be the driving force in our lives. Every dream and desire must first begin with the confidence that you know you can achieve it. With this level of confidence, there’s nothing that can stand in your way.
6. “Always hold on to your dreams. Hold on tightly and never let them go.” –Carol Burnett
Many baby boomers are tempted to give up on their dreams, accepting that their lives right now are how they’ll always be. However, there’s nothing stopping you from living the life you’ve dreamed of. Hold tightly to your dreams and refuse to let go.
7. “I can’t decide which way the wind will blow but I can change the direction my sails are to make sure I will always reach the destination I hope to go.” –Jimmy Dean
Uncertainty is a part of life. Instead of trying to control the hand life deals you, try your best to shift how you respond to each and every situation.
8. “Whatever you’re going through, keep looking for the light. Even if you’re walking in the dark, there’s always some light towards the end of every tunnel.” –Demi Lovato
Everything always has a silver lining to it, you only need to look. Even in the most difficult of situations, there’s always some bit of hope.
9. “It’s one’s attitude at the start of a challenging task that determines exactly what the outcome will be.” –William James
Life is certainly not short on hardships. When it comes to overcoming these difficult challenges, remember to always approach them with positivity in mind. Eventually, you’ll get through these hard times and find yourself in a better situation.
10. “Life is quite similar to riding a bike. To stay balanced, one must keep moving.” –Albert Einstein”
There will be times in life when you want to quit. These are the moments that feel impossibly overwhelming and draining. In these moments, don’t give in to the desire to give up. Instead, do all you can to keep moving forward. Though you may fall, you won’t quit.
11. “Don’t give up on doing what you truly want to do. Where you feel inspiration and love, nothing can go wrong.” –Ella Fitzgerald
Though everyone has dreams of their own, few have the confidence to keep pursuing them. Give into what you love and what inspires you–this is your life’s great work and what you’re truly meant to do.
12. “Start limiting your use of ‘Never’ and Always.’” –Amy Poehler
“Always” and “never” are two words that are so definitive, they should only be used sparingly. Every day presents a new opportunity, so be sure to leave room for “Maybe” in your life.
13. “The word ‘Impossible’ tells us everything we need to know: ‘I’m Possible!’”–Audrey Hepburn
Make time for positivity every day by reminding yourself that nothing is truly impossible. As long as you have the will to continue, you are capable of doing anything.
14. “You will never be too old to make another goal or to have another dream.” –C.S. Lewis
C.S. Lewis wants everybody from newborns to baby boomers to know that there will never be a time in life when our age will prevent us from achieving the dreams we long to pursue. Every dream and every goal you’ve ever had is still possible.
15. “Be the rainbow that shines the light in another person’s cloud.” —Maya Angelou
These types of positivity quotes remind us that when others have bad days, we should be the rays of sunshine in their lives.
16. “Happiness can’t be found. You must make your own version of happiness.” –Camilla Eyring Kimball
There’s no route to happiness. The recipe to what makes you happy lies within, so you must do all you can to find it.
17. “Inspiration starts within. Your inspiration starts with positivity–when you’re positive about life and yourself, good things will happen.” –Deep Roy
Your inspiration in life must start in the deepest parts of yourself. Being positive will guarantee that you seek out and you attract good things in life.
18. “The true value of the most beautiful moments are often never realized until these moments become a memory. ” –Dr. Seuss
All of us have a limited amount of time on earth. To truly feel our deepest sense of joy, we all must dig into life and really live each moment to the fullest.
19. “The most wasted days are the ones without laughter.” –E.E. Cummings
E.E. Cummings’ positivity quotes remind us to laugh in the face of anything and everything. Regardless of what we may be feeling, as long as we can find the humor in every situation, no day is wasted.
20. “You must do everything you think you can’t do.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
If something scares you or makes you hesitate, do it anyway. The more enthusiasm with which you pursue everything that you’re afraid to do, the faster you’ll get through it.
Moreover, once you’ve achieved what you didn’t believe was possible, you’ll have even more confidence in your ability to do more than you could have ever imagined.
21. “Life isn’t defined by the place that you’re from. It’s about every place you’re going that matters.” –Ella Fitzgerald
Focusing on the future means that you can’t let the disparaging thoughts of your past hold you back. While you may have had moments you’re not proud of, these don’t need to follow you into the future.
22. “You’ll never be too old to achieve everything that you might have achieved. ” –George Eliot
Even as we get older, life always gives us new opportunities with which we have the ability to do anything we want. If you haven’t yet begun living your dream life, don’t give up hope.
23. “Stay close to everything that makes you feel happy to be alive.” –Hafez
Hafez’ quote for baby boomers is a reminder to eliminate everything from your life that isn’t positive and uplifting. If something makes you happy to be alive, keep pursuing that.
24. “Happiness sneaks through the doors you didn’t realize you left open.” –John Barrymore
Happiness often finds us at the most spontaneous of times. Positivity quotes like this remind us to always be open to the unexpected arrival of happiness whenever it decides to strike.