Losing weight can be a difficult process. It is hard to change the habits of a lifetime and focus on healthy eating and exercise. Motivational quotes can help you put things in perspective and encourage you along your path to healthy living. When you find it difficult to get up and exercise, turn to these quotes to get you up and moving. Our motivational quotes will encourage you to eat healthy, paving the way toward a strong and lean body.
Our 21 fitness motivational quotes are great to keep on hand when you are feeling discouraged about the process of losing weight. These motivational quotes will remind you that losing weight is hard for everyone and boost your mood when you are feeling low.
21 Motivational Quotes to Guide You on Your Weight Loss Journey
1. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” -Jerry Rice
2. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
3. “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” -Unknown
4. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky
5. “Sweat is just fat crying.” -Unknown
6. “I will make sweat my best accessory. I will run harder than my mascara.” -Unknown
7. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” -Tommy Lasorda
8. “In two decades I’ve lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.” -Erma Bombeck
9. “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” -Unknown
10. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” -Mahatma Gandhi
11. “Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.” -Unknown
12. “Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” -Elizabeth Berg
13. “When people tell me they can’t afford to join a gym, I tell them to go outside; planet Earth is a gym and we’re already members. Run, climb, sweat, and enjoy all of the natural wonder that is available to you.” -Steve Maraboli
14. “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumbbell; it starts in your head with a decision.” -Toni Sorensen
15. “Excuses don’t kill the fat, exercises do.” -Amit Kalantri
16. “I get better everyday, every day I get better.” -Joseph C. Reyes
17. “I am more than my measurements. The cycle of body-shaming needs to end. I’m over it… My body is MY body. I’ll call the shots.” -Ashley Graham
18. “Healthy living is a learnable skill.” -Claude Viens
19. “People practically always steal food when they are hungry, and low-calorie diets mean weakness and hunger… No! Counting calories is for the birds. There should be no sensation of hunger in proper weight reduction.” -Dr. Blake F. Donaldson
20. “I’ve gotten to the point where I’m not even a little apologetic about this business of not eating stuff that’s bad for me. No one else has to live with my fat, work through my energy and mood swings, pay my doctor bills, fight my cravings, to face my family history of diabetes and cancer. If people insist, I can get a little testy.” -Dana Carpender
21. “We know, too, how much better we feel for a bit of exercise. Those “feel-good” hormones lift our spirits, boost self-esteem and improve our overall sense of well-being. It’s a sort of built-in reward system. There’s a reason for that. It’s because we are meant to be active.” – Liberty Forrest
Motivational quotes can inspire us to get up off the couch and start making positive changes in our lives. The power to change your life starts with you.
Fitness motivational quotes will lend you a little strength to keep going when weight loss seems too difficult and you feel like giving up. With these quotes in hand, you’ll be able to step forward and make the changes you need to bring health, self-esteem, and positivity back to your life.