Staying motivated while you are working is essential to performing well and accomplishing your tasks. Sometimes, however, negativity creeps in and interferes with your focus and motivation.
When this happens, these workplace positivity quotes can help.
When you are positive, those around you will be more positive, too. Between your positive thoughts and the positivity of others, you are sure to experience workplace positivity. Remember these workplace positivity quotes throughout your day to give you an extra boost.
Twenty Workplace Positivity Quotes
Don’t let workplace negativity hold you back and cause you to lose motivation. Instead, use these workplace positivity quotes to keep you motivated every day.
1. “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.” – Gary Ryan Blair
To stay motivated at work, do more than what you are expected to do. This will set you apart and give you an advantage over the others. As this occurs, you will only want to work even harder and more efficiently.
2. “Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost legendary. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge
As Coolidge explains, you must have the perseverance to stay motivated and become successful at work. Even with talent, genius, and education, you won’t make it far without diligence. Remember this quote to help you stay motivated in the workplace.
3. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one, it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
Even the smallest jobs are essential to the overall situation. When you experience a task that seems easy, still do your best, just like you would with a more demanding job. If you give your all, you will grow as a person and learn more to help you in the future.
4. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” – Albert Einstein
When you become a person of value, you will notice that people come to you more often. You will be trusted with more responsibility, and you will continue to develop into an even better version of yourself.
5. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
By concentrating on what you are working on, you will get it done more quickly and efficiently. As Bell describes, you have to bring the essential things into focus. Otherwise, you will feel distracted and sense a lack of motivation.
6. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
You can’t take the easy route and expect to get to the place you want to be. Everything worthwhile takes time, hard work, and dedication. So, as you sit at work and wish you could take a shortcut, remember this quote to keep you motivated.
7. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
Take care of the inevitable things first, and then move on to the other things you can do. If you keep working even when things get hard, you will find you can do what you thought you couldn’t. The key is to get started and keep going.
8. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” – Unknown
As explained in the last quote, you must get started if you want to achieve anything. If you’re going to get ahead, it is even more critical to get started right away. When your job seems overwhelming, break your tasks down into smaller tasks and then work your way through them.
9. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
If you need some workplace positivity to keep you motivated, then you must remember this quote. When you are always working hard and growing, those around you will, too. It makes for a more positive and peaceful work environment, and it will keep you motivated.
10. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
When you go to work with this mindset, you will stay motivated. The reminder to work hard, stay dedicated, and always do your best will keep you focused and determined.
11. “Talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.” – Patrick Süskind
If you are talented but lack the experience described in this workplace positivity quote, you won’t get very fair. While talent gives you an advantage, you still have to work hard.
12. “Plenty of men can do good work for a spurt and with immediate promotion in mind, but for promotion, you want a man in whom good work has become a habit.” – Henry L. Doherty
Doing your best when you want something isn’t the same as always doing your best. It would be best if you gave your all even when a promotion isn’t on the line because that is when it matters the most. Your efforts will be noticed, and you will feel better about yourself, too.
13. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you’re a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” – Tyler Perry
With a good work ethic, you are sure to stay motivated. Do your best, no matter what your job title is. The habits you create early on or at lower-paying jobs will follow you throughout your life.
14. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” – Roy T. Bennett
Everything you do is a choice, so if you need workplace positivity, decide that you will create it. All of the things Bennett described are things that can help contribute to the environment around you. If you are positive, those around you will be, too.
15. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
If a mistake is causing you to lack motivation, remember these workplace positivity quotes. Even when you make a mistake, you must keep moving forward, learning, and trying.
16. “Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well as now.” – P. T. Barnum
Do what must be done, and do it right away. Don’t let your work pile up, or you will quickly lose motivation. If you work this way all of the time, you will never lack inspiration.