We inevitably encounter challenges and struggles in life. This is true for each person, and those who can overcome the struggles will be rewarded with an achievement.
While it may be difficult to see at the moment, struggles are beneficial to your journey. They will help you develop and grow, while also making your achievements even greater. You will learn to get through them and will be happier at the end because you persevered.
When your goals are harder to reach than you initially thought, achieving them will be even better. Overcoming struggles in life is easier said than done, however. If you are struggling to overcome your struggles in life, these quotes can help.
Fifteen Quotes About Overcoming Your Struggles in Life
1. “It’s part of life to have obstacles. It’s about overcoming obstacles; that’s the key to happiness.” – Herbie Hancock
You can’t get through life without facing struggles. This is true of everyone and despite how hard you try, no one can get by without running into issues.
The way to happiness, however, is to get through those struggles and rise in the face of adversity. When you achieve something difficult to do, you’ll be even happier than you thought possible.
2. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you until it seems that you cannot hold on for a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time when the tide will turn.” -Harriet Beecher Stowe
Giving up during a struggle is the wrong thing to do. When things seem like they can’t get any worse, that’s when you have to push through even more. On the other side of the struggle is the success you have been working towards.
Struggles don’t last forever, as long as you keep working at overcoming them. Each day you try a little more, you’ll be that much closer to the end. If you give up, you’ll never know just how close you were to achievement.
3. “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on.” – LL Cool J
Breaking down because of an obstacle or struggle is not something you want to do. Instead, you need to remain calm and keep moving forward. Giving up shouldn’t be an option or you’ll never reach your goals.
4. “Just because you are struggling does not mean you are failing. Every great success requires some kind of struggle to get there! Opportunity always comes with opposition! Hang in there!” – Unknown
Everyone struggles, and to do great things in life, you have to struggle, too. This doesn’t mean you are failing. Instead, it means you are trying.
Without struggle, you can’t experience great success. Each time you encounter an obstacle, a new opportunity will be encountered, too. Just keep moving and looking for the next opportunity, despite any struggles you encounter.
5. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
You can’t control everything, so you have to learn to adjust when a struggle or obstacle occurs. When something happens that you didn’t expect, all you can do is figure out a new plan. As Dean says, you have to adjust so that you can reach your intended target.
6. “Life is thickly sown with thorns. I know no other remedy than to pass rapidly over them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes the greater is their power to harm us.” – Voltaire
It is normal to encounter struggles as you go through life. The quickest and easiest way to get through the struggles is to keep moving forward. Don’t take time to fret about what has happened or it’ll have more of a negative impact on you.
7. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara DeAngelis
Happiness is easy when nothing is going wrong. You don’t learn anything during these easy times, however, and you don’t develop.
To gain courage, you have to encounter struggles and fight through them. Even if you can’t find the good in a struggle at the time, try to remember that it is helping you grow. When you get through it and look back, you’ll realize just how much courage was gained during the struggle.
8. “Your struggle is your strength. If you can resist becoming negative, bitter, or hopeless, in time, your struggles will give you everything.” – Bryant Gill
Struggles shouldn’t cause lasting negative feelings such as bitterness or hopelessness. Instead, you should grow strength from these situations as you fight through them. When you become stronger, you are better able to reach all the goals you’ve been dreaming of.
Then, once you’ve gotten through the hard times, you’ll be grateful for the experience. You’ll realize that it all happened for a reason and that it was a personal development tool. This development will be useable in the years to come, helping you through each struggle as you grow even more.
9. “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” – Lou Holtz
Anyone who has done something worthwhile has encountered struggles. No accomplishments can be made without overcoming struggles, because struggles are found in every situation.
If there are no struggles, there will be no great achievements. So, embrace the struggles and use them as a learning opportunity as you go on to do even bigger things.
10. “Because some people see a wall, and assume that’s the end of their journey. Others see it, and decide it’s just the beginning.” – Angeline Trevena
Just because you have to figure out a new plan doesn’t mean you can’t achieve your goal. Your story hasn’t ended because of the unexpected obstacle, so don’t stop when you encounter it.
Instead, as Trevena explains, it is just the beginning of your journey. It is the starting point for what is coming and for all the great things that will follow. Now is the time to think logically and figure out what you can do differently.
11. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
When you can overcome struggles and keep living your life, you’ll become more beautiful than before. You must go through hard times and unexpected obstacles to reach your full potential.
12. “Don’t fill life with struggles—fill life with joy. A flower always struggles to survive, but it never forgets to bloom with joy.” – Debasish Mridha
Even when you’re going through unexpected obstacles, be joyful, and find things to be happy about. Struggles are normal and necessary in life, but you should still experience and show happiness.
13. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
Obstacles are meant to be challenging, but you can’t give up. To reach your goals and achieve great things, you have to fight through them even when you don’t want to. In the end, you’ll see that it was all worth it and you’ll be happy that you persevered.
14. “That’s the thing I’ve learned about mountains: the joy you feel at scaling them is in direct proportion to how high and impassable the peak appears to be once you’re on the other side of it.” – Marie Bostwick
While small achievements bring joy, bigger achievements bring more joy. When you reach the goal and look back, you’ll feel happier at having overcome a bigger challenge.
You’ll realize that you are capable of more than you give yourself credit for. Plus, you’ll feel more satisfaction with the result if it had been harder to get there than expected.
15. “When the storms do come; you can only allow them to slow you down, but don’t let them stop you. There will be delays, detours, and disappointments, but you have to keep pushing through it.” -Bernard Kelvin Clive
Hardships will come, it is inevitable. Don’t let them stop your progress, however, and don’t give up when they do come. Keep moving through all of the setbacks and disappointments and you’ll be sure to achieve your goals.
Life is all about overcoming struggles to reach great success and achievements. Everyone experiences it, and those who overcome the challenges are the ones who will succeed. If you want to reach your life goals, you have to keep working on overcoming struggles in life.
While it may be difficult and you may feel like giving up sometimes, keep persevering. Overcome any struggles in life, and you will be happy that you did. Not only will you be able to reach your goals, but you’ll also be satisfied with your hard work.