There are many quotes about being strong to help you get through hard times. When you feel like giving up, reading quotes by other’s who have experienced it can help you get through it.
Whether you’re experiencing depression or just a hard time in your life, these quotes about being strong will help. With advice for what to do and encouragement to keep going, you’ll find exactly what you are looking for.
The bottom line is that you can’t give up. You have to stay strong and get through whatever it is that is causing negative feelings for you. Then, you’ll be able to get past the hardships and thrive because of it.
Quotes About Being Strong
1. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
You can’t always win, and things won’t always work out the way you wanted them to. This doesn’t mean that you are weak. Instead, this is the time to show just how strong you truly are.
While struggling through these hard times, remember that the struggle will only make you stronger. Keep working toward a better future and you’ll see just how strong you are.
2. “There’s so many things that life is, and no matter how many breakthroughs, trials will exist and we’re going to get through it. Just be strong.” – Mary J. Blige
As Blige explains, life is complicated. No matter how great things seem to be going, struggles will still happen. You’ll get through it by staying strong and the result will be even better than you imagined.
Also, remember that even those who seem to have the best life have struggles. You aren’t alone and you will get through it if you stay strong.
3. “If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” – Masaru Emoto
Reflect on who you know you are and remember that you are stronger than anything you’re going through. By the time you get through the hard times, you’ll have a much better view of yourself. By getting through the depression, you’ll love yourself more.
4. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
Getting through hard times can seem impossible sometimes. When you’re faced with this feeling, remember to stay busy.
Make yourself a to-do list of all the things you’ve been putting off. If you can’t think of anything, think about your most immediate goal. Then, write down the first couple of steps that you need to take for that goal and get started.
This way, your mind will be pre-occupied with something productive. Plus, as Iacocca explains, you’ll be turning all of that negative energy into positivity. By giving up you’ll just be giving in to your struggles, whereas if you stay strong, you’ll persevere.
5. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
You are stronger than you realize, and this will become evident during the hardest times. Remember that you can get through whatever is causing your depression, so just keep trying.
6. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
You can be your hero by working through all of the hardships you encounter. If you can stay strong and get through every obstacle, you are a true hero.
7. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
Your true character will only be developed if you encounter hardships. You’ll learn more about yourself during this time. Plus, you’ll become stronger, be able to think more clearly, and be more motivated for success.
8. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
Everyone experiences hardships, no matter how great their life seems. The important thing is that you keep moving, have faith in yourself, and believe that you are worthy.
9. “Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Unknown
Don’t take the easy way out of your hardships. Fight through this time and show everyone what you’re made of. Most importantly, show yourself just how strong you are.
10. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Good things happen after going through a rough time. So, remember this when you feel like giving up. Life will get better and things will be great again, just fight through and stay strong.
11. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” – Oprah Winfrey
Your past doesn’t matter when you are working on your future. You can triumph anything that comes your way as long as you keep working on it.
12. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
You can’t control what goes on around you, but you can control your thoughts. When you do, you’ll be stronger and better able to get through the hard times.
13. “Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” – Louise Erdrich
Bad things happen in life, no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Avoiding those you love only makes it worse, as experiencing love and other positive feelings are necessary for life.
Then, if pain or hurt arises from your feelings, embrace it. Pain happens to everyone, but you can get through it. Reflect on the good times you experienced and on the good times that will be coming in the future.
It’s important to be thankful for the happy experiences, rather than wallowing in self-pity because it has ended. If you remember to do this, you’ll get through the hard times quicker.
14. “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” – Joel Osteen
You can get through any situation that you experience. The best part is that you’ll be a better person for going through it. You’ll be stronger, more resilient, and a clearer mind.
15. “When you’re not sure if you’re following the right path, when you’ve been knocked down a few too many times, it’s completely fine to get discouraged, hell even defeated. What’s not okay is to stop.” – Gary John Bishop
Obstacles and failures are indeed discouraging. You still have to keep moving, though, and get through a hard time. This is the only way you’ll truly get through it and be able to move on with your life.
It can be so hard to stay strong when you feel like giving up, but it is so important that you do. These quotes about being strong can give you the motivation and encouragement you need to keep going.
Remember that you can get through anything you experience. You are strong enough to get through it and come out better because of it. These quotes about being strong will help you get through it, but you have to take action, too.
Don’t give up, fight through the depression that is telling you to quit. Remember these quotes about being strong and keep working through your hardships.