With the power of affirmations, it’s possible to move away from a negative worldview and toward a more balanced way of life. It may seem strange, but five minutes each day are all you need to reset your attitude and help you move forward with strength and courage. When you find a meaningful positive affirmation, repeat it at the same time each day. Clear your mind and meditate on the meaning of the sentence or phrase before you start repeating it. Over time, positive thoughts become a habit and crowd out the negative self-talk that fills many people’s minds.
“We can rewire the patterns in our brain with cognitive-behavioral therapy or affirmations. Affirmations change the way our brains are wired and the brain lights up differently… It really has biochemical, neurochemical, neuropharmacological effects just as effective, if not more effective, than Prozac, Zoloft, whatever else you have.”
Try These 14 Positive Affirmations to Reprogram Your Brain in 5 Minutes a Day
1. “I will always find a way and a way will always find me.”
Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain: The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
Use this affirmation if you often feel trapped in your life. Remind yourself that you have the power to find your way through any difficult situation.
2. “All is well. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation only good will come. I am safe.”
Louise L. Hay
This is a comforting phrase that will bring you peace. This meditation reminds us to consider the complete picture of our lives.
4. “I am a valued part of the universe.”
This phrase helps people who feel insignificant.
5. “You`re only as weak as you let yourself become, and you`re only as strong as you allow yourself to be.”
Reflect on this affirmation if you are searching for the power of personal strength in your life.
6. “I choose to honor, love and respect myself. I have the power within to decide what I want, and how I want to live.”
When you repeat positive affirmations, you are making yourself your own highest priority. This will lead to greater peace and happiness in your life.
7. “My past is not a reflection of my future.”
This affirmation can help anyone who feels like they are stuck reliving past mistakes and heartbreak.
8. “Act as if everyone loves you.
Be in love with everyone.
Hug people with your words.”
This is an excellent meditation for people who may have trouble expressing their feelings.
9. “I am attentive to the opportunities and I seize them as they arise.”
If your life feels closed off, use this affirmation to remind yourself to seek new ways around your problems.
10. “I forgive everyone who has hurt me.”
This is meaningful for those who have a difficult time letting go of the past.
11. “Control is an illusion that you must give up.”
People who are in search of control often lose touch with what is truly important in life. Letting go of control can give you a better relationship with life.
12. “I respect my body and myself.”