Breakups are hard no matter what the situation was, but these quotes about moving on will help. Despite your feelings about the end of the relationship, you must move on. You can’t stay stuck in this negative place forever, and you owe it to yourself to be happy again.
While moving on is easier said than done, it is still easier than you may think. With the right mindset and positive reminders, you will be well on your way to healing.
If you are struggling to move on, read these quotes about moving on after a breakup. They will remind you why it is important to move on and what you have to look forward to. Plus, they offer tips for positively moving on and doing what is best for you.
Quotes About Moving on Post-breakup
1. “Sometimes you must let people go because their pieces no longer fit. This departure is for the betterment of your energy, your space, and your precious life.” – Melody Lee
As life changes, the people in your life might have to, as well. The things and people that once seemed to fit may not fit anymore. When this happens, moving on from them is the best thing you can do for yourself.
You will be able to focus on yourself and your dreams. Your energy will all be given to what you want to do and become the best you that you can be.
2. “If you don’t leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future. Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.” – Unknown
When you spend your time fretting over your past, your future is the only thing that will suffer. You have to spend that time and energy, focusing on making your future great instead. Stop living for the past and start living for the present and the future.
3. “The thing about heartbreak, I realized, is it’s not really about waiting for things to stop hurting before you start moving. A broken heart can and will heal in time, but for time to actually do its job, I needed to acknowledge what I had lost, and move on.” – Ana Tejano
You can’t wait for the pain to go away before you begin to move on. Instead, you have to begin moving on if you ever want to heal. Accept what has happened and that the relationship has ended, and then you will feel yourself healing.
4. “When thinking about life, remember this: no amount of guilt can solve the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future.” – Unknown
You can’t guilt yourself into changing the past. The past has already happened and cannot be changed no matter how badly you want it to. Being anxious won’t change it either, so try to stay positive so that you can move on.
5. “If life can remove someone you never dreamed of losing, it can replace them with someone you never dreamt of having.” – Unknown
Remember that you will be happy again one day, and you will find someone who makes you understand this loss. When you find them, you will realize that this breakup happened for a reason. You will find someone who is even better than you ever imagined spending time with.
6. “Those awful things are survivable because we are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be… We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.” – John Green
This moment may seem like it will end you, but it won’t. You will survive because you are strong and indestructible. As long as you can remember that, you will be able to move on and heal from this hard time.
7. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Dan Millman
Put your energy into your future. Stop fretting over the past and wasting your energy on things you cannot change. Instead, put that energy into building a new life and a new opportunity for yourself.
This is your time to shine, and you deserve to create the best future possible. If you can do this, you will realize that the break up is not the end of the world for you. Keep moving on and working toward a better future.
8. “Let go of your mistakes and failures. You can’t do anything about the past, but you can do something about right now.” – Joel Osteen
Make an effort to let go of the things that are hurting you. If you made a mistake in your relationship, you can’t change it now. So, accept it and accept what the outcome was.
You can’t change what has already been done, but you can change the future. Use those mistakes and failures as a learning opportunity, so it doesn’t happen in other relationships.
9. “They say heartbreak is a blessing. It helps you grow and turns you into a better, more powerful person. You become as strong as a beast.” – Priyanka Agarwal
There is no better time to grow and become stronger than after a breakup. You will have so much negative energy afterward and, when used wisely, it will help you. It will lead to you becoming better in all areas of your life, and you will learn your true strength.
10. “Eventually all the pieces fall into place… Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.” – Carrie Bradshaw
Life always works out the way it was supposed to. Keep moving, even when things get hard, and remember that it will all fall into place. In the meantime, laugh at the unexpectedness of life and bask in every moment you are given.
11. “The curtain has fallen on the past, the performance has gone dark, and the actors have moved on. Applaud the show, but don’t stay in the dark, hoping for a reprisal that will never come. It’s time to get up and move toward the next act, the one that stars YOU.” – Toni Sorenson
The past is already done, and you can’t go back and change it or re-live it. Everyone else has moved on from it, and it is time that you do the same. Enjoy the good moments when you look back, but you have to keep moving forward.
If you stay in one place, waiting for the past to return, you will stay in the dark, as Sorenson explains. Instead, you have to focus on what is coming next, which is your future. Focus your attention on that, instead, so that the next show will be even better.
12. “The best revenge is moving on and getting over it… Don’t give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer.” – Unknown
Personal suffering will never bring anyone back into your life. Sometimes, unfortunately, that person may enjoy the knowledge that you are suffering. Make a conscious effort to move on; instead, you don’t give them this opportunity.
13. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
When a relationship ends, it normally happens because it wasn’t meant to be. Without that relationship ending, you would never be able to encounter the one meant for you. So, remember that the end of this relationship signifies that something better is out there.
14. “I’m choosing happiness over suffering. I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
As Gilbert explains, the unknown future ahead of you will be filled with surprises. Choose to move on and to do what makes you happy so that you can choose happiness over suffering, too.
15. “Real love moves freely in both directions. Don’t waste your time on anything else.” – Cheryl Strayed
When love is real, both people will feel the same way. There will be love flowing from both of you, and not from just one.
If the relationship you were in wasn’t this way, the breakup was likely for the best. Remind yourself that you now have a chance to find one that is. You will be happier, and your life will be more fulfilled than if you had stayed in a one-sided relationship.
Going through a breakup is hard, but these quotes about moving on will help you get through it. Just remember what you are worth and what you deserve. You will be happy again, and you will find someone who is even better for you.
Keep moving forward and working on making your future better. If you can do that, you will heal quicker than you thought possible. If you are struggling to do so, remember these quotes about moving on. They will give you all the reminders you need about why you have to move forward with your life.
You are stronger than you realize, and you can get through this. As long as you are moving forward and focusing on your future, things will work out for the best.