Going through a breakup is never easy, but these quotes on breakups can help ease the pain. No matter the length of your relationship, dealing with a broken heart is hard. You may be overwhelmed with emotions, feeling defeated, or unable to get past it. Hopefully, these quotes on breakups can help ease your pain.
Moving on is essential, however, or you will miss out on opportunities for happiness. Through the healing process, you will learn more about yourself than ever before.
While nothing can magically make the pain of a broken heart go away, some things will help. These quotes on breakups will help ease a broken heart. Plus, they will help you see that you are not alone, which will bring more comfort.
Everyone goes through breakups, and everyone gets their heart broken, as you will see in these quotes on breakups. While your pain and situation are unique, you can find solace in the wisdom and insights of those who have successfully moved on.
Fifteen Quotes on Breakups
1. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
While a breakup will hurt, you should think of it as a new beginning instead of a painful ending. New things will come into your life, and you will be happy again. Life will become what you want, and you will look back and realize that the breakup truly was the beginning.
2. “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.” – Paulo Coelho
If you think about it, all the most exciting and memorable times occur right after something terrible happens. That is what is happening for you right now. While you might feel terrible about the breakup, try to remember that something amazing will soon come.
3. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.” – William Faulkner
While the ending of love is sad, you can rest assured knowing that the heartbreak will end, too. While Faulkner thinks that forgetting heartbreak is sad, it will bring you comfort knowing that it will end.
4. “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
Even if you could fix things with the person who broke your heart, things would never be the same again. The damage would always be there, visible no matter how hard you tried to mend it.
Instead, begin moving forward and choose to remember the good parts of the relationship instead of the cracks. Otherwise, you will be stuck with broken pieces of something that should be whole.
5. “Eventually all the pieces fall into place… Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.” – Albert Schweitzer
Things will work out in the way that they were meant to. You cannot rush it, force it, or wish it to be any different.
While you wait for that time to come, follow Schweitzer’s advice. Enjoy each moment that you can, and learn to laugh when things get complicated. Live in the moment, avoid wallowing in the past, and understand that this is how life is supposed to be.
6. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
Life does not always work out the way you want it to. You have to accept that and let go of what you wanted, however. Otherwise, you would not get the life intended for you, and things would never be perfect.
7. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
Think of all the things you will get to experience now that your relationship has ended. There are plenty of things that would not happen if you had not broken up. Life would have led you to a completely different place than where you were meant to go.
Find comfort in the new world that you have discovered. Bask in the feeling that something even better is out there for you. Look for these new opportunities, and you will soon forget the pain of a broken heart.
8. “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” – Len Santos
If you keep hanging onto a relationship that is over, you will continue being in pain. While letting go is not easy, it will help you make progress toward being happy again.
Be strong and look forward to the future. Take one step at a time, and let go of what is causing you pain.
9. “Breakups hurt, but losing someone who doesn’t respect and appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.” – Unknown
If someone broke your heart, acknowledge that they did not appreciate you enough. You will find someone who respects and appreciates you the way you deserve to be. Be patient and let the right person come along instead of wallowing over the wrong one.
10. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
You are in control of yourself, and this includes your emotions and well-being. You cannot keep holding onto someone that you love simply because you care about them. The sooner you realize you cannot control the way they feel, the sooner you will be able to move on.
11. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” – Mandy Hale
Use this time to truly discover who you are and who you want to be. Figure out what you want in life, and then go for it. There is no better time because it will give you a new passion and ease your broken heart.
12. “Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve.” – Unknown
While you might want to be with a person, it is not always what is best for you. Remember that you deserve to be truly loved, respected, and appreciated.
If you were not treated that way, it is best that you have broken up, even if that is hard to see. Now, you can look forward to what you deserve, which is always worth the sacrifice.