Your family may drive you crazy sometimes and even make you angry, but they are important. They are more important than anything else you could get in life. While pretty little things and trinkets are nice, they can’t replace spending time with those who mean the most.
From the beginning of your life, your family was there. They will be the ones who are there with you in the end, too. So, spend time with them now and make as many memories as you can.
There is no material item that can replace your family. Sometimes, it may be hard to remember this as you work hard to make money or enjoy the things you have. In those cases, some quotes may help you remember that family is better than pretty little things.
Quotes That Prove Family is Better Than Pretty Little Things
1. “You don’t choose your family. They are god’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
The ultimate reason that family is more important than anything else is that they were given to you. Your family was chosen for you, and you for them. This can’t and shouldn’t be changed because even through hardships, they are there.
Having a family is a blessing that not everyone has. If you are lucky enough to have one, remind yourself that it is a wonderful thing, as Weed explains. No matter what, you know you will have someone to love and someone to love you forever. Material goods mean nothing when you are on your death bed.
3. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” – George Moore
So many people feel like they have to search for the good things in life. Many of them eventually return home, however, because family is the best thing. It may take time to realize it, but there is no better place than being near your loved ones.
4. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
Your family members are the ones who will help you get through life. They will teach you what you need to do and where you need to go. Plus, they’ll inspire you to be your best and to do great things.
Even better, however, they’ll be there to comfort you when things don’t go as planned. When you fail or mess up, which everyone does, they will be there despite anything. Then, they will help you get moving again.
5. “I’ve learned through the years that it’s not where you live, it’s the people who surround you that make you feel at home.” – J.B. McGee
A home can be anywhere your family is. As long as they are nearby, you’ll know that you are wanted and cherished.
The pretty little things inside of a home aren’t what make it comforting. It’s simply the people you surround yourself with, as McGee explains.
6. “The sun looks down on nothing half so good as a household laughing together over a meal.” – C.S. Lewis
There is nothing more pleasant than laughing with your family. Nothing will bring you more joy and happiness. All of the pretty little things in the world can’t bring you the joy that your family can.
Keep in mind. You can return or exchange anything that you purchase. You cannot, however, return or exchange your family. This proves that they are better than anything because it’s the one thing that won’t go away or be destroyed.
8. “One’s family is the most important thing in life. I look at it this way: One of these days, I’ll be over in a hospital somewhere with four walls around me. And the only people who’ll be with me will be my family.” – Robert Byrd
The chances are that there will be no pretty little things surrounding you, either. If there are, you won’t be concerned about them, and the things won’t be worried about you, either. Instead, you will be grateful and comforted by your family, and the love will be clearer than ever.
9. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
Your life revolves around your family from the beginning of your time on earth. This doesn’t change over time, either. They will be there every step of the way, and they truly are everything we need in life.
10. “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
Think about all the things you own. If you moved away and left them behind, you would be fine, and chances are you wouldn’t miss them much. Your family, on the other hand, goes with you everywhere.
They are embedded in your heart and your spirit. No matter how far away you travel, they will be living inside of you. With this being the case, they are the ones you should focus your time and attention on.
11. “No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?” – Lee Iacocca
At the end of your life, think about what you will cherish most and regret most. Chances are, you will cherish the time spent and memories made with your loved ones. You will likely regret the things that took away from the time with your family.
Keep this in mind as you go through your life right now. Remember that what will be important at the end of your life is the love and attention you gave. That is what will truly make you feel accomplished, as Iacocca explains.
12. “Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you.” – Jenna Morasca
Your family won’t always be easy to deal with, but you should still appreciate and be grateful for them. Remind yourself that they know you better than anyone else and love you always. With this reminder, you’ll realize that they are more important than anything else.
13. “In every conceivable manner, the family is linked to our past, bridge to our future.” – Alex Haley
Your family is the reason you are here today. No matter what you are doing or what you are working on, they have influenced it somehow. They are some of the few people who experienced your past with you.
Plus, they have influenced your path for the future. Part of everything you do is because of them, and they’ll continue to support you as you get there.
14. “If you don’t have your friends and your family, what do you really have? You can have all the money in the world, but with no friends and no family, it’s no good.” – Meek Mill
You can have any material items and still be unhappy and lonely. If you want a good life, always put your loved ones first.
15. “At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, a parent.” – Barbara Bush
Don’t live your life for the things that won’t matter on your death bed. Instead, spend your time now with those who mean the most to you.
Make memories and develop bonds that will be with you in your final moments. Those are the things that mean the most and the things you will regret having missed, as Bush explains.
While having nice baubles and trinkets is nice, there is still nothing better than family. Even when they drive you crazy, cherish them, and spend time with them. It is what means the most in life and what will stay with you forever. Become a minimalist in terms of buying meaningless stuff. Instead, focus on building long-term family memories that you will treasure forever.
The next time you struggle to remember that family is better than accumulating pretty little things, remember these quotes. Spend your time–and money–on what truly matters so you can live your life without regrets.