Even when you want to make healthy dietary choices, it can be tempting to opt for something unhealthy. Oftentimes, unhealthy foods are the ones that are easiest and quickest to grab, but that doesn’t always have to be the case. If you struggle with healthy eating, read these positive motivational quotes to help encourage you.
Everyone struggles with temptation sometimes, but creating good habits can help reduce the struggle. These positive motivational quotes will help you remember why healthy eating is so essential to living a good life. Plus, you will feel better that you aren’t alone in this struggle, too.
Don’t worry about the struggle lasting forever. Once you develop good habits, making healthy decisions becomes easier, as these positive motivational quotes will assure you. You might even decide that you like the healthy options better than the unhealthy ones after a while.
Twenty Positive Motivational Quotes to Encourage Healthy Eating
One of the best ways to stay in control of your healthy eating is to have healthy food on hand. McAdams, a personal trainer, suggests keeping good food in your refrigerator. Try to keep quick and easy healthy snacks that are easy to grab when you’re in a hurry.
2. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
When chemicals are added to food, it is not healthy. Food should be natural, and chemicals aren’t necessary for healthy food.
3. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
You can’t get a second body, so take care of the one you have. Eat healthily and your body will be more resilient and protect you better.
4. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
Since it is so easy and quick to eat processed foods, it might seem like a wise time-saver. Unfortunately, unhealthy eating leads to illness, which means you will have to take much more time out of your life.
If you eat healthily, however, you will be healthier and have more energy. You will spend more time feeling good and less time at the doctor, too. So, if saving time is the reason you eat unhealthy foods, remember how much time it will cost you later.
5. “Sorry, there’s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.” – Morgan Spurlock
There is no instant or magic solution to being healthy. If you want to be healthy, you must eat healthily and take care of yourself. Then, you will be healthy and look healthy, as Spurlock explains.
6. “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
No matter what you choose to eat, it affects your body in some way. You can choose healthy foods that are safe and nutritious, or you can choose processed and unhealthy foods. If you choose unhealthy foods, you will be wearing your body down the more often you eat them.
7. “Eating healthy food fills your body with energy and nutrients. Imagine your cells smiling back at you and saying: ‘thank you!’” – Karen Salmansohn
Nutritious food is the best thing you can put into your body. By making it a habit to be healthy, you will feel more energetic and be healthier. Your cells will benefit, and you will notice the difference.
8. “In my food world, there is no fear or guilt, only joy, and balance. So, no ingredient is ever off-limits. Rather, all of the recipes here follow my Usually-Sometimes-Rarely philosophy. Notice there is no Never.” – Ellie Krieger
You can still indulge in treats sometimes, even if you are choosing to eat healthily. The key is to finding a balance and not overdoing it. When you are truly wanting something, go ahead and eat it, just make sure to do so in moderation.
9. “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
If you aren’t filling your body with the nutrients it needs, you can’t focus as well as you should. Your mind won’t be clear, and your thoughts won’t be as strong. To keep your mind clear and strong, make healthy eating a habit.
10. “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
When you choose healthy eating, it becomes a lifestyle. Set good habits now and determine a routine that is easy for you to accomplish each day. By doing this, you will ensure that you stick with your health goals avoid straying.
11. “Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.” – Karen Sessions
If the food you are eating is processed, then you can assume that it isn’t healthy. Processed foods are full of chemicals and additives, which can interfere with your health goals. By eating processed foods, you will likely gain weight.
12. “Doctors won’t make you healthy. Nutritionists won’t make you slim. Teachers won’t make you smart. Gurus won’t make you calm. Mentors won’t make you rich. Trainers won’t make you fit. Ultimately, you have to take responsibility. Save yourself.” – Naval Ravikant
No one can make you reach your goals. Instead, you must do it yourself. Take responsibility for your life and don’t assume that professionals can make you what you want to be. You have to work hard toward your goals, stay strong, and avoid giving in to temptation.
While the professionals listed in this quote will help you reach your goals, they can’t make you. You can see them, talk to them, and work with them, but you are ultimately responsible. Follow their advice, and make sure you instill healthy habits in yourself.
13. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” – Julia Child
Nothing should be off-limits in your diet, but you must have willpower. When you indulge in a treat, make sure you only have a little. Eat in moderation, no matter what you are eating, and you will be healthier.
14. “A healthy diet is a solution to many of our health-care problems. It’s the most important solution.” – John Mackey
Many health issues stem from a poor diet. If you want to be healthy, remember this quote and choose healthy eating. By changing your diet, you could also cure or ease health conditions you already have, too.
15. “Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.” – Jules Robson
One part of self-love is taking care of yourself and your body. To do this, you must think about healthy eating so that you can live a healthy lifestyle. The food you put into your body affects everything about you, so love yourself and make a change.
16. “Happiness lies, first of all, in health.” – George William Curtis
It is hard to be happy if you are unhealthy. For true happiness in life, begin with your physical state and make the changes you find necessary. Many times, the more important change to be made is the type of food you are eating.
17. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
Invest in healthy eating now so that you can get a better long-term investment. Just like with your bank account, the wiser you are with your choices, the better off you will be. Put good things into your body and you will get even better things in return.
18. “Nutrition is the only remedy that can bring full recovery and can be used with any treatment. Remember, food is our best medicine!” – Bernard Jensen
Sometimes, prescription medication isn’t necessary to cure or treat a condition or illness. Oftentimes, ensuring you receive the proper nutrition each day can make all the difference. If you need medication, consider changing your diet to see if that helps, instead.
19. “A fit, healthy body – that is the best fashion statement.” – Jess C. Scott
If you are into fashion and want to look your best, remember this positive motivational quote. A fit body will make any outfit or accessory look better. Plus, being fit can be a fashion statement all on its own.
20. “Healthy eating isn’t about counting fat grams, dieting, cleanses and antioxidants; it’s about eating food untouched from the way we find it in nature in a balanced way.” – Pooja Mottl
As long as you are eating natural food that hasn’t been processed, you can rest assured knowing you made a healthy choice. You don’t always have to count or track a diet or how many calories you have consumed. If you know you are putting natural food into your body, then you know you are eating healthy.
Final Thoughts on Positive Motivational Quotes to Encourage Healthy Eating
These positive motivational quotes to encourage healthy eating can help guide and inspire you. Remember that you can still indulge in treats from time to time, but you must do so in moderation. Plus, you must make it an occasional treat rather than a daily habit.
When you find yourself struggling with healthy eating, remember these positive motivational quotes. The quotes can remind you that you aren’t alone in your struggle and that ignoring cravings is often the best choice.