Self-acceptance and self-love are easier to achieve than you may initially realize. Loving and accepting yourself require accepting life now and forgiving yourself for your mistakes. To achieve these things also requires staying true to yourself all of the time.
If you can always acknowledge your self-worth, then accepting yourself will come naturally. It requires that you don’t conform to those around you. Plus, it requires that you don’t let others’ opinions affect the way you view yourself.
These Fifteen Self-Acceptance Quotes May Boost Your Self-love
These quotes on self-acceptance will help you get there, and they will serve as a reminder later on. Follow the advice and listen to the wisdom found in these quotes. Then, you will experience more self-love than ever before.
1. “True self-esteem is realizing that you are valuable because you were born. No matter where you came from, what color your skin is, what people say about your family or what mean things people may have done to you because you were born, you are important and you matter.” – Oprah Winfrey
No matter what, you are worthy and valuable. Love everything about yourself, and don’t let what others say affect the way you view yourself. When you can remember this and live your life like you always mater, you will love yourself much more.
2. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
Things will work out when you truly love yourself. You won’t be able to accomplish all of your dreams otherwise. Self-love and self-acceptance are necessary to get things done properly.
3. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
If you want to live a peaceful life and have peace around you, you first have to accept yourself. You won’t find peace anywhere else if you don’t have it within.
4. “Love yourself… enough to take the actions required for your happiness… enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past… enough to set a high standard for relationships… enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner… enough to forgive yourself… enough to move on.” – Steve Maraboli
You must do what it takes to be happy. This means cut the people out of your life that cause drama and let go of the situations caused by that drama. Expect your relationships to be fulfilling and joyful.
You have to be willing to live a healthy life, both emotionally and physically. Forgive yourself for things that you’ve done wrong, and move on from the past. As Maraboli explains, these steps are necessary to accept and love yourself fully.
5. “Bring acceptance and compassionate self-talk. Say nice things to yourself – you’re the only one listening. Tell yourself, I am doing the best I can.” – Gabby Bernstein
Focus on stopping any negative self-thoughts or self-talk. Think and say positive things about yourself, and always remind yourself that you are doing your best. After all, you are the only one listening and the only one who can make you love yourself.
6. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
Since you spend more time with yourself than you do with anyone else, make it enjoyable. Learn to love who you are to enjoy your time and do meaningful things with it.
7. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” – Rita Mae Brown
When you conform to those around you, you won’t love yourself. You can’t love yourself when you are faking it to fit in. Ensure you stay true to who you are, no matter where you are or who you are with.
8. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
Boundaries are necessary for life if you want to experience self-love. Everything about you is precious, and this includes your time and energy.
Use your time and energy for things that make you happy. Don’t let anyone mistreat you and, if they try, make it clear that you won’t accept that behavior.
9. “Your life will be transformed when you make peace with your shadow. The caterpillar will become a breathtakingly beautiful butterfly. You will no longer have to pretend to be someone you’re not. You will no longer have to prove you’re good enough. When you embrace your shadow, you will no longer have to live in fear. Find the gifts of your shadow, and you will finally revel in all the glory of your true self. Then you will have the freedom to create the life you have always desired.” – Debbie Ford
Don’t hate yourself or think negatively about yourself because of what has happened in the past. Be yourself and make peace with anything that is interfering with your happiness. When you do this, you will stop living as if you have to change for others.
Don’t live in fear, as Ford explains, but instead find the good parts of life and remember you are worthy. When you can do this, you’ll live a life free to do what you want and need to do.
10. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you, real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” – Shannon L. Alder
Living your life, how someone else wants you to, will never make you happy. You can’t love yourself and live your life if you always base your decisions on others’ thoughts. When you stop living that way, you will see that self-acceptance is easier than ever.
11. “Lighten up on yourself. No one in this world is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.” – Deborah Day
When things go wrong, or you make a mistake, give yourself some grace. No one is perfect, and that includes you.
Remember this when you mess up, accept yourself despite your mistakes, and recognize that you are human. When you go easy on yourself, you’ll be able to experience self-love.
12. “One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others.” – Bell Hooks
Think of the way you dream of someone else loving you. Then, love yourself in the way you dreamed of.
When you do this, you’ll be giving yourself all the love you need. Plus, when the right person comes along, they will treat you well because you love yourself.
13. “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice, to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.” – Brene Brown
You have to decide to be yourself in every moment of every day. This will help you accept who you are and love yourself always. You won’t have regrets or negative thoughts if you are always true to yourself, making self-love even easier.
14. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
If you love and accept yourself, you won’t need the validation of others. You will be free to live your life without worrying about what anyone else thinks. When you do this, you will find the world becomes accepting of you because that is the precedent you have set.
15. “Accepting yourself only as long as you look a certain way is not self-acceptance, it is self-destruction.” – Laci Green
While it does feel good to look your best, it isn’t what determines your worth level. You have to accept yourself even when you don’t look the way you like to. If you base your worth on your current appearance, you will be making it harder to love yourself.
Self-acceptance is the only way to truly experience self-love. It would help if you accepted who you are and always be true to yourself. Then, you will be able to fully love yourself the way you deserve to be loved.
Through self-love and self-acceptance, you will be able to set boundaries to determine how others treat you. If you show them that you are worthy and love yourself, they will treat you that way. Plus, it forces them to see that you won’t accept any treatment other than kindness and love.
Use these self-acceptance quotes to boost your self-love, and you’ll be sure to find happiness in life. You will be more content, and your life will seem to get better, too.