When you are attempting to achieve serenity, you are looking for a state of calmness and peace. This is easier to achieve than you think because the only thing it depends on is your mindset. To reach inner peace, you have to rely on yourself because no one else can determine our level of peace. It is all about how you deal with things and your thoughts along the way.
We all struggle to remain in a state of serenity; however, even if it is easy. When this happens to you, these quotes about serenity can help you.
Twenty Quotes About Serenity and Achieving Inner Peace
1. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne W. Dyer
When you can start appreciating and accepting life for what it is, you’ll find peace within. Avoid thinking of it in terms of what you thought it should be. This is the only way to find peace because accepting the present is essential.
2. “When I am able to resist the temptation to judge others, I can see them as teachers of forgiveness in my life, reminding me that I can only have peace of mind when I forgive rather than judge.” – Gerald Jampolsky
When you feel like you might judge someone, change your thoughts to something positive. Forgive what the person did to be potentially judged, and you will find peace sooner. Judging others is not the way to find it.
3. “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
Don’t think of your life in terms of the past or the future. Think of the present only, and you will be able to find peace. By thinking of the past or future, you will be setting yourself up for depression, anxiety, or both.
4. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.” – Buddha
Appreciate what you have and avoid jealously of others. When you are jealous of others, you won’t be able to have peace of mind, as Buddha explains. Instead, you will always be worried about what you don’t have that other people do have.
5. “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” – George Michael
6. “Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace.” – Zen Gatha
When you are continually searching for what you want, you will never find it. Life will be hectic, stressful, and overwhelming if you live that way. Instead, wait for it to come to you, and you’ll experience peace during the process.
7. “You should feel beautiful, and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.” – Stacy London
The things and people that you surround yourself with should make you feel peaceful. You shouldn’t question your worth or feel insecure. Surround yourself with things and people that bring you happiness and peace, instead.
8. “There will be calmness, tranquility when one is free from external objects and is not perturbed.” – Bruce Lee
When you let outside forces impact your mind, it will not bring peace. Instead, it will bring anxiety and unsettling feelings. When you stop letting those external forces affect you, then you will receive peace of mind and serenity.
9. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
It’s impossible always to change the circumstances. So, when this is the case, accept things for how they are and reflect on who you are. Once you become familiar and confident with yourself, you’ll experience peace.
10. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Pema Chodron
As explained before, you can’t let outside forces impact you in this way. It is your choice how you will let it affect you. As long as you choose to stay in control of your emotions, you’ll experience peace.
11. “Don’t search for anything except peace. Try to calm the mind. Everything else will come on its own.” – Baba Hari Das
When you are spending all of your time and energy searching for something that isn’t there, you’ll feel defeated. If you ever feel like you are in this position, take a step back and calm your mind. The sooner you can do this, the sooner you will find peace.
12. “Compassion, tolerance, forgiveness and a sense of self-discipline are qualities that help us lead our daily lives with a calm mind.” – Dalai Lama
When you can exhibit these positive characteristics, you’ll live peacefully. Be compassionate, tolerant, and forgiving in all instances. This may require self-discipline, which is another way to find peace within yourself.
13. “Peace is a day-to-day problem; the product of a multitude of events and judgments. Peace is not an ‘is,’ it is a ‘becoming.’” – Haile Selassie
New situations occur each day, so peace is something you have to work at daily. You can assume you are at peace; you have to keep working to stay that way. It can change in an instant if you let it.
14. “Just slow down. Slow down your speech. Slow down your breathing. Slow down your walking. Slow down your eating. And let this slower, steadier pace perfume your mind. Just slow down.” – Doko
When you slow down in life, you’ll be able to think more clearly and peacefully. You won’t be as stressed or overwhelmed, and things will seem to happen at a better time. When you do this, you will find that you are much more peaceful than when you are always rushing.
15. “Let go of the thoughts that don’t make you strong.” – Karen Salmansohn
Stop thinking thoughts that make you feel like you aren’t good enough or like you are weak. Neither of those things is true. Instead, you have to think about things that make you feel strong and confident. These thoughts are what will bring you serenity.