Being at peace is important to living a happy and fulfilled life. As these quotes on peace will explain, everyone is capable of finding peace with the right mindset. It is only a matter of figuring out how and remembering how to always work on it.
With peace, you can deal with things in a better way, and life will become simpler. You might experience fewer enemies, less anxiety, decreased depression, and you will be more resilient to hardships. These quotes on peace serve as a reminder that peace is only obtained with the right mindset.
You are the only one who can control your mind, so you are the one who has to find inner peace. Expecting other people, places, or things to bring you peace will leave you waiting forever. So, work on becoming peaceful so that you can live the kind of life you desire and the one that you deserve.
Through the words of others, you will find motivation and inspiration to become or remain peaceful. With compassion, love, and forgiveness of yourself and others, you are sure to be at peace. If you find yourself struggling, later on, come back and re-read these quotes on peace.
Fifteen Quotes on Peace You Will Always Remember
1. “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” – J. Donald Walters
Running from your problems won’t bring you any closer to a peaceful mind. You have to address your problems head-on and work through them. You will find peace by addressing it, but in denying it, you would likely sacrifice peacefulness.
2. “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” – Albert Schweitzer
Being compassionate is essential to finding peace, as Schweitzer explains. If you aren’t sympathetic to others and don’t show concern for them, you will lack peace forever. Work on being compassionate always so that you can always find peace in your life.
3. “Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are.” – Hafsat Abiola
When you give your all and support everyone around you, then you will find peace. You can’t do all of the work yourself, however. It is still important that you allow others to contribute, as well, because this also plays a role in finding peace.
4. “You who want peace can find it only by complete forgiveness.” – Helen Schucman
Without forgiveness, you will always feel a little lost. You have to forgive others completely so that you can let go of the negative feelings. Once you have forgiven, you will experience peace once again.
5. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” – Saint Francis de Sales
If you do things calmly and enjoy all the little things you do, your life will be more peaceful. On the other hand, when you are always in a hurry, you lose your sense of peace. So, even when things seem crazy, remain calm, and work through all the hiccups peacefully.
6. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
This quote on peace is an important one to remember because peace must start within. You have to be at peace with yourself before you can live a peaceful life.
This means that any internal conflicts you are struggling with must be resolved right away. Forgive yourself for the mistakes you have made, and work on any other conflicts you are dealing with. Once these things have been resolved, you can find peace in the rest of the world.
7. “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
Try to focus only on the present instead of on the past or the future. The only moment you can control is the one you are in right now. If you can live in the present, you will be sure to find peace quickly.
8. “Peace is not simply the absence of violence; it is the cultivation of understanding, insight, and compassion, combined with action.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
While the absence of violence is a huge part of peace, it is not the only thing that peace involves. You also have to understand others and gain insight into things you don’t yet understand. Plus, as stated before, you have to be compassionate, and your actions should reflect this.
9. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” – John F. Kennedy
Becoming peaceful isn’t something that happens once and then sticks around forever. You have to work on it constantly. This involves changing your opinion sometimes, letting down your walls, and building on new ideas.
10. “We each possess what is needed to create peace on earth. We all know how to love, we just need to practice using that knowledge in all aspects of life.” – Lisa Prosen
Everyone is capable of finding peace and bringing peace to the world. As long as you show love to others, you are spreading peace to all. Remember this and work on it constantly so that you can always be at peace with yourself.
11. “Peace brings with it so many positive emotions that it is worth aiming for in all circumstances.” – Estella Eliot
Even when it seems hard to live peacefully and let things happen as they are supposed to, you have to work on it. It will bring so much positivity to your life that it will always be worth it. Remember Eliot’s words as you deal with tough situations so that you can continue to be at peace.
12. “Don’t hope that events will turn out the way you want, welcome events in whichever way they happen: this is the path to peace.” – Epictetus
Things don’t always work out the way you want them to, so it is best to stop hoping they will. Instead, hope that they work out in the best way or the way they were meant to happen. Then, accept things as they are because you can’t change the way things happen.
13. “No person, no place, and no thing has any power over us, for ‘we’ are the only thinkers in our mind. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives.” – Louise L. Hay
You are the only one who has power over your mind, and there is nothing else that can control it. Your thoughts are what make your life what it is, so work on positive and peaceful thinking. If you can find the good in all moments, you will be happier and more peaceful.
14. “If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.”-Desmond Tutu
You are already at peace with your friends, so talking to them won’t bring more peace to your life. The relationships that are causing problems are the ones you have with your enemies. You have to talk to them and work through your problems so that you can find peace again.
15. “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” – Ronald Reagan
As Reagan explains, there will be conflict even in peaceful situations. Life is full of conflict, but the determining factor is the way that you handle it. If you can remain calm and peaceful as you work through the conflict, you will remain at peace with yourself and others.
Final Thoughts on Quotes on Peace to Remember Forever
Life isn’t always easy, and things don’t always work out the way you wanted them. Even so, these quotes on peace will help you remain at peace through it all. You will learn to accept things as they are with the knowledge that things work out the way they are supposed to.
Stay compassionate, show love always and to everyone, and forgive anyone who needs forgiveness. This means you have to treat yourself this way, too, because inner peace must come first.
If you find that you aren’t at peace, remember these quotes on peace and all the insight they offer. You will find the inspiration and advice you need, and you will be able to find peace once again.