Motivational mantras can help you develop a strong mindset when you’re trying to lose weight. Staying healthy is all about getting regular exercise and eating properly. Though many of us want to see the results of our workouts almost immediately, we all have to put in the hard work it takes to get there.
Best Motivational Mantras About Weight Loss
There will be days where you can’t wait to get in the gym and there will be times when you’d rather stay home. If you find yourself searching for inspiration, keep reading for the best motivational quotes.
1. If all it takes to become fit and rich is the knowledge of how to do it, we’d all have everything we want. In reality, it isn’t about the information you have, it’s about what you do!
Many of us rely on learning as much as possible about getting fit, thinking that this is what will help us get the bodies we want.
The truth is that the only way to actually work out is to physically do it. As they say, “The only way out is through.”
2. There are no bad workouts—every day that you put in effort is a good day.
Getting fit and staying in shape is all about consistency. If you don’t have the dedication to keep pushing yourself to go further and harder every time, you won’t get the results you want. This motivational mantra is a great reminder.
3. You are already the person you want to be—the only thing preventing you from seeing this is the work that must be put in to achieve these goals.
Motivational mantras like this show you where your true power lies.
There isn’t some magical transformation that will occur to get you from where you are now to where you want to be.
The only thing standing in your way is you. The only person responsible for getting you to the next level is still you.
4. If you want to change your body, you must start by changing your mind.
Whenever we think that we aren’t progressing as much as we like, it isn’t what we are or aren’t doing that’s holding us back—it’s our mindset.
Approaching your workout routine from a mindset of passion, fulfillment, and personal responsibility will always yield better results than someone trying to that is motivated by their low self-esteem or lack of confidence.
5. Someone with a busier schedule than you is finding the time to prioritize fitness.
While we all are on our own fitness journeys, it can be helpful to look to our peers for inspiration.
Finding time to work out can often seem overwhelming, but just remember that someone that has more on their plate is finding the time to work out.
It’s not about competition—it’s about pushing yourself harder than you’ve ever gone before. Use motivational quotes like this one to inspire you to go the extra mile in the gym.
6. Working out is rarely convenient, but it’s worth it.
No one said the important things in life come easily.
The more you want something, the harder you must work to achieve it. While it will rarely be comfortable, this is where you’ll experience the most growth.
7. I may be tired, but I won’t stop until I’m done.
Too many of us quit before we’ve really begun to put in any work.
Being tired isn’t something to fear. We all get tired, we all want to rest, we all would rather go back to sleep.
The key to moving forward and making progress is to keep going. Use these motivational mantras to remind yourself to keep pushing.
8. Working out shouldn’t come from a place of self-hate—you must work out because you love yourself and want the best for your life.
Working out is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
While we all have certain things we’d like to change about ourselves, the passion that drives you to keep working out can’t be self-hate.
The more you love yourself, the greater drive you’ll have to keep perfecting your body.
9. Feeling uncomfortable? Good—that’s when true growth takes place.
Looking at the science behind working out can teach you a lot about life.
When we work to train our muscles, we break them down so they can rebuild stronger. When it hurts or feels uncomfortable, this isn’t a sign that you’re broken—it means you’re getting stronger.
10. If you can use social media for an hour, you can spend an hour in the gym.
Scrolling mindlessly through social media is an easy way to waste your time.
Get intentional about working out and start spending those minutes you’d use scrolling through Instagram at the gym.
11. You can’t predict the future but you can change your future—put your health first by working on your body today.
Building a better future starts with putting in the work right now.
Eating healthy, working out regularly, and living more mindfully will have powerful and lasting impacts on your future.
12. While you shouldn’t run from your problems, running can help you work through them.
When life gets you down you may be tempted to stay home, avoid the gym, and Netflix the day away. While this may feel good in the moment, hitting the gym will make you feel even better.
As you get your blood flowing, release endorphins, and block out the world by focusing on your fitness, you’ll find that you feel better after a trip to the gym.
13. Fake the motivation you need.
Wish you were as motivated as your favorite Instagram fitness models seem to be?
The truth is that no one feels happy to work out 24/7. The best motivational quotes show you how to transform your mindset into what you’d like it to be. Regardless of what your feelings may be, working out should be a habit that you do no matter what feelings you may be experiencing.
14. Excuses won’t make you stronger.
Some of us can come up with the best excuses in the world to get out of doing what we know we should do.
While you may have a great reason to stay in and eat your favorite fast food, this will prevent you from getting stronger.
15. Your mind is always speaking to your body. Change the narrative and tell yourself you can do it!
Motivational quotes like this teach that the purest form of motivation is found within yourself. Don’t look to someone else to inspire you. Indeed, you must inspire yourself first.
Keep a positive mindset to help you push through all the doubts and fears that would otherwise keep you from working out.
16. Work to make yourself proud.
Self-motivation is essential when working out and during weight loss. The only one driving you to better yourself is you.
Keep up this persistence as you work to make yourself proud. Keep building up your endurance and stamina as you grow stronger each day.
17. Just go! Go fast or slow—as long as you’re moving, that’s all that matters.
Much like one of the best motivational quotes, “Just Do It”, you need to develop a one or two motivational mantras that inspire you to go.
You’ll never make progress standing still. Taking daily steps towards your future is all that is needed to keep going.
18. Stop starting over; quit giving up.
You’ll never have to start over if you never give up.
19. Your ideal health and body are at the end of your next workout.
Keep pushing yourself. Health is a journey, not a destination.
20. Can you do it? Yes. Will you do it? You must!
You can do anything you put your mind to.
21. The harder the workout, the stronger you’ll be.
Working out is all about building on what you already have. Strengthen yourself each day by going harder than the day before.
22. Even when others say you can’t, you must.
The only person’s opinion that matters is your own.
23. Work hard, then work harder.
There’s always more to be done. Never leave a workout half-heartedly.
24. Workout as if your health and life depend on it.
Health is wealth. If you value your life, you should live like it.
25. Fitness requires loyalty—no cheating is allowed.
If you want working out to work for you, you have to be loyal to it. Allow your motivational mantras serve as a touchstone to your success.
26. Make time to work out.
One of the simplest motivational mantras, yet always true. The only way to get it done is to prioritize working out and remain consistent.
27. Champions aren’t born this way, they must become champions.
Whether you’re attempting to prepare for a marathon or you just want to find a consistent workout routine, you have to realize that this fitness journey is just that—a journey.
You won’t reach your goals overnight, but you will make important steps towards them every day you are consistent.
28. Why try at all if you aren’t willing to go all the way?
In fitness and in life, it’s never beneficial to do things half-heartedly. If you’re going to do a workout, give it everything you’ve got.
29. Believe you can do it. Even if you don’t believe you can, at some point you’ll start to change your mind.
Fitness is all about the level of work you put in. If you don’t believe in yourself, set those feelings aside. Fake the confidence until you feel it.
30. Your only comparison should be the person in the mirror.
You are the only person you should be competing with.
31. You’ll never achieve your goals without taking action.
Don’t just set your goals, go after them. To achieve these dreams you must take action now.
Final Thoughts on Motivational Mantras for Fitness
We are all capable of greatness. The harder you push yourself to achieve this greatness, the more you’ll be able to accomplish.
Keep these motivational mantras in mind as you search for inspiration to improve your fitness training. Remember, stay consistent, work hard, and never stop going.