Many things can make you rich that don’t involve money. Material wealth means nothing if you aren’t rich in spirit.
This involves being a good person and appreciating what you have. It also involves spending time with the people you love and sticking to your values and morals.
These quotes that will make you rich will give you advice and insight. They have nothing to do with gaining money, however. To become truly rich, you must embrace other parts of life.
Quotes That Will Make You Rich (Without Money)
1. “You are not rich until you have a rich heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
2. “True wealth is not measured in money or status or power. It is measured in the legacy we leave behind for those we love and those we inspire.” – Cesar Chavez
Money and power do not equate to wealth. Instead, it is the knowledge, love, lessons, and memories you leave behind. These are the things people will remember, but they won’t remember the amount of money you had.
3. “Remember that your real wealth can be measured not by what you have, but by what you are.” – Napoleon Hill
Lots of people can have money, but not everyone can have a good heart. If you are a good person who thinks of others and contributes positively to society, you are wealthy. Your true value is measured by what you are, not what you have, as Hill explains.
4. “An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends.” – Benjamin Franklin
By investing in yourself, you will be investing in something that can never be taken away. Knowledge is one of those things and should be treated as such. Whether you spend time or money (or both) to gain knowledge, it is yours to keep forever.
Plus, knowledge will always help you get farther in life. It will open doors to new relationships and situations that you wouldn’t have experienced otherwise.
5. “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.” – Seneca the Younger
Being poor doesn’t mean that you have nothing. Instead, it means that you are always wanting for more. Even a person with many possessions can be poor if they can’t be happy with what they have.
6. “No man is rich enough to buy back his past.” – Oscar Wilde
Spending time with those who are special to you will be time well spent. You won’t regret spending that time, and it’ll leave you feeling happier than working would have. Do the things you love to do, and spend time with the people you love.
If you spend your life trying to become rich with money, you’ll miss out on all the good in life. It will leave you feeling poorer than if you had worked less and spent more time enjoying life.
7. “The most valuable things in your life are always the things that money cannot buy.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
Think of all the things you treasure most in life. For many, this includes family and friends, good memories, and happiness. All of those things cannot be bought with money, yet they are still more valuable.
8. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
Be grateful for what you have, and learn to appreciate it. If you can be happy with what you have now, you will become rich in spirit.
9. “True wealth is not of the pocket, but of the heart and of the mind.” – Kevin Gates
It doesn’t matter how much money you have. What matters is the good in your heart and the positivity in your mind.
10. “You can be rich in spirit, kindness, love and all those things that you can’t put a dollar sign on.” – Dolly Parton
As explained before, money can’t buy the most important things in life. You can be rich without money if you are kind and give love always.
11. “As you can see, wealth isn’t necessarily about money; it is more the wealth that you have within your own soul and what comes out through your mouth and heart.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Your soul is what can determine your level of wealth and make you rich. The values and morals you keep, the way you behave, and even the things you say all play a part.
12. “Anything that you learn becomes your wealth, a wealth that cannot be taken away from you; whether you learn it in a building called school or in the school of life. To learn something new is a timeless pleasure and a valuable treasure. And not all things that you learn are taught to you, but many things that you learn you realize you have taught yourself.” – C. JoyBell
Learning and knowledge can never be taken from you. Even when everything else is gone, what is in your mind will remain. Each new thing you take in is valuable and will contribute to your inner wealth.
13. “Real worth is something that’s already in us. If we know that, we are already wealthy beyond measure. If we don’t, no amount of money, fame, or success can give it to us.” – CJ Kruse
Nothing you obtain physically outside of your body will help you become rich. To be rich, you have to look inside of yourself. What is inside is what will contribute to your wealth.
14. “The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” – Unknown
If you lost all your money, the only things you would have left are your family and your friends. Think of who would be there when you lost it all. If you have a few special people who would be there during the hard times, too, you are rich.
15. “If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.” – Elbert Hubbard
One thing that can make you rich without money is your health. If you are healthy, you are well off. With health can come happiness, and both of those together will give you true wealth.
16. “Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend… when we choose to be grateful for the abundance that’s present — love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure — the wasteland of lack falls away and we experience heaven on Earth.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
It is up to you to choose which way you want to live your life. You can choose to be grateful for what you have, as Breathnach explains, or you can choose to feel a lack. Embrace what you have and you are sure to feel the difference.
17. “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” – Oscar Wilde
Physical possessions and money can be taken from you, but what is inside of you cannot be taken. Invest your time and energy into who you are and you’ll be truly rich.
18. “Create a set of great personal values and surround yourself with the right people that can form your support system. Have an optimistic spirit and develop a strong purpose that you completely believe in and everything you can imagine is possible, for you.” – Andrew Horton
If you have good values and supportive, positive people around you, you will have it all. Be optimistic, as Horton says, and be true to yourself.
19. “Infinitely more important than sharing one’s material wealth is sharing the wealth of ourselves – our time and energy, our passion and commitment, and, above all, our love.” – William E. Simon
When you share these parts of yourself, you’ll become rich in spirit. This is more important than anything you can get with money.
20. “And, that wealth is not measured in dollar and cents but, instead, is measured in caring, kindness, and the appreciation and admiration of others who you meet and deal with in everyday life.” – Byron Pulsifer
When you care about others and show kindness, appreciation, and admiration, you’ll become truly wealthy. You can’t measure how rich you are by only counting your money.
As you can see, these things will make you rich without money. The amount of money or material possessions you own means nothing if you don’t have a rich life.
Being rich means being kind, compassionate, and appreciating what you have. Spend more time with those you love than you do making and spending money.