Not just actions—words, words have great power to change the perception around which one’s life revolves. To enlighten you and encourage you are quotes from Dolly Parton one of the most influential ladies from the past few decades! Sometimes all we need is a slight emotional and spiritual push. Something that inspires us enough to walk a little further towards possibilities instead of being stagnant in the shadow of hopelessness due to numerous factors.
“Words, carefully crafted and impeccably arranged could move worlds at nobody’s expense.” -Anonymous.
Inspirational Quotes from Dolly Parton
1. “If you dislike the path you are walking onto, build yourself another one.”
As an individual, you are obliged to mend the path that serves you the purpose you have been looking for and the one you ought to achieve. If you got to change the way for your sole self—do it with your head up high, there is nothing that can stop you from touching the sky!
2. “One of the things that I have learned if you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain.”
We all want to cherish the good things in life, to pursue the ultimate happiness and pleasure. The joy of something truly earned can never be compared with the joy of something gifted. In this inspirational quote, Dolly Parton states the utter truth—that if you want to cherish the best you have to go through the bad days as well, it comes in a package!
3. “Don’t get so busy whilst earning a living that you forget to spend a life worth living.”
Instead of valuing true emotional experiences and nature we often measure the worth of a person/relationship or other things in life according to the monetary value invested—and when that hallmark is set to measure love and luxury of life, one loses track of life in the constant quest of piling money. Dolly Parton through this quote, reminds us to enjoy the simpler, priceless things in life.
• Quick fact: According to a research, reading inspirational & motivational quotes has shown a remarkable boost in individuals (especially adults) self-esteem, motivation, courage and empowerment who suffer from depression, anxiety, stress, and other chronic or terminal illnesses. (Bedroy, 2018)
4. “You gotta keep trying to find your niche and trying to fit in the box left for you, but if you don’t like it then make yourself a new slot”
Self-exploration is the key to all the doors of curiosity that lead you to realize where you actually stand or want to stand. While life offers you numerous opportunities—you have two simple options: either you fit into the place left or you build your own according to what you desire!
5. “I think that if I am smart about business, it’s just that I am just smart about who I am.”
In most of the inspirational quotes by Dolly often reflects the inner strength and mastering at knowing yourself before anything. And that’s utterly true! You can take hold of anything you possibly want to if you know yourself better if you know in what aspect your smartness lies.
6. “One cannot direct the wind, but can learn to bend the sails.”
Often you might find yourself into situations that you haven’t chosen for yourself. Life offers challenging circumstances that leave one clueless of how to deal with them, now here’s a thing: you didn’t choose it, neither it’s your fault but how you react to it is your responsibility. So if you can’t control the pace of wind where it takes you, you can at least change your course of direction towards the revolution of your choice.
7. “I may look like a lady, but I ponder like a man. Because in the world of business, it has assisted me a lot.”
Well, this one is very useful for businesswomen seeking inspiration. No doubt even women prove to be excellent in business and decisions that require related skill but do you know what the key behind it is? “Act like a woman but think like a man.”
So ladies, sharpen all those sassy looks if you have to and rock the business world!
8. “You need to really believe in what you’ve got to offer, what your talent is-and if you believe, that gives you strength.”
Of all inspirational quotes, this reminds me of a post that I read and is very relatable to Dolly Parton’s context, “Millions can believe in you, yet none of that matters if you don’t believe in yourself.” Believing in yourself gives you all the strength you need, and comes from within and not through outside validation.
9. ”Sometimes the storms make trees hold onto deeper roots.”
In this inspirational quote, Dolly Parton has used a metaphoric approach. As we get older and past childhood/teenage and maturity starts to take over with every challenge ahead of us, what do we hold onto the most? Our ideas and values built in the initial phase of our lives. The more storms we face, the firmer the grip gets with our roots.
10. “God is in everything I do, and all my work Glorifies him.”
Rejoicing God for everything Dolly has ever done or achieved is a selfless and valuable act in itself. By this quote, she means to convey that if you with the help of God do something with righteousness, you will be surely be rewarded with you deserve.
Quick Fact: According to Media psychologist experts and communications consultant human psychology works on the primal aspect. Humans are aspirational, and that is why quotes by role models and leaders affect them on a primal level. (Moran, 2019) 
11. “If your actions construct a legacy that motivates people to do more, become extraordinary, and learn more then you are an exceptional leader.”
It’s no doubt we all have a role model whom we look up to, whom we want to be like—but apart that if you are the best version of yourself that is a resourceful leader, then one cannot ask for more!
12. “It’s hard to be a true diamond in a world full of stress”
Dolly Parton explains that in a world where everything is beautifully disguised and pretended, it’s a hard thing to be original and true self and yet shine through!
13. “You will never do a whole lot unless you are brave enough to try.”
Many settle for less, but those who withhold undying passion for standing apart are the ones who don’t fear to step out of the comfort zone. And if you are brave enough to do so, you won’t return empty-handed!
14. “I ain’t glad all the time, and I won’t even try to be because that would make me a narrow person. But I do try to search good in every individual.”
To seek positive experience all the time is a negative experience in itself—Mark Manson. To feel every emotion genuinely is positivity in itself, why? Life won’t always offer you the best of everything, so cherish the good times and have patience in the bad ones.
15. ”I have been through heartaches, headaches, toothaches, earaches, and I’ve had a little ache in the ass as well, but I’ve endured to tell about it.”
By the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you have been through or not, but what matters is you made it regardless of the obstacles on the way. That’s valor!
16. “The magic is inside you; there ain’t no crystal ball.”
Breaking the bubble of all the fantasy world, Dolly Parton suggests that all the impossibilities that you seek to turn into reality won’t happen through some fictional magic—instead, you get out there, and work with the magic you have inside!
17. “Figure out who you are, then do it on purpose.”
Considering self-exploration the central idea of her quotations, Dolly Parton repeatedly advice people to figure out who they truly are and to do that despite knowing because it takes exceptional sight to seek within.
18. “I would never stoop so low as to be fashionable.”
A diva herself who has an incredible way of carrying herself considers following fashion a low thing. She inspires people to be confident in the way they are, after all, why follow fashion? Let fashion follow you!
19. “Above everything I have done, I’ve always said I’ve more guts than I’ve got talent.”
Truly, it takes more than mere talent to be what you want to be. To have the courage and guts to step out and do your thing!
20. “I always believe that if you find someone without a smile, you just them your own!”
In the fast pace of life where people like to mind just their own business, Dolly Parton emphasizes on spreading kindness by giving small gestures to be happy about—as small as making someone smile!
21. “They think I am simpleminded because I seem to be happy. Why shouldn’t I be happy? I have everything I ever wanted and more. May I am simpleminded. Maybe that is the key: simple.”
Through this quote, one can easily read through the importance of simplicity. The simpler, the happier you are! After all, aren’t we all looking for happiness?
22. “I am not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I am not dumb and I am not blonde.”
Dignifying her strength of individuality, Dolly Parton says that it doesn’t matter what they say about you—what matters the most is what you believe about yourself.
23. “Just because people won’t accept that I can do something else, I won’t limit myself for it.”
Sometimes the major setbacks and turmoil aren’t because you lack the ability to do so, but because of what your circle makes you believe in. So be careful whom you surround yourself with!
Be Inspired by Dolly Parton!
Are you inspired by the inspirational quotes enough to break the mental chains that have been holding you back? Then, take a cue from Dolly Parton and seize life and life it to the fullest without apologies.