Reading quotes to help you through certain times in your life may seem pointless and like it won’t really help, but the opposite has been proven to be true. Judy Belmont, a mental health author, motivational speaker, and psychotherapist explained that quotes have proven to inspire positive thinking, give comfort, remind you of what is important, help you to become a better person, help you through hard times, and many other benefits.
There are times in life when you could use some extra brightness in your day. Days when you are feeling down about yourself or something awful happened, little pick-me-ups could make all the difference. Other days, you might just be in a funk and in need of some positivity and light.
When this is the case, the best positive quotes could be a simple solution to make your life brighter. There are positive, uplifting quotes relating to any issue you may run into, making the possibilities seem endless when you are looking for that extra dose of inspiration. Some of the best positive quotes are listed below, and there is a little something for everyone at any walk in life.
Best Positive Quotes
Finding quotes is easy, but finding the ones that apply to your situation and your feeling is a little more difficult. The best positive quotes are perfect because you can find positive ones about any topic or situation. While all of the quotes here are intended to make your life brighter, they are also broken down into categories of common situations that may require uplifting quotes.
The Best Positive Quotes For When Things Aren’t Going Your Way
One situation that everyone experiences on multiple occasions is when things just aren’t going your way. Whether this means that something didn’t work out the way you intended or if you were let down by someone close to you, the pain is there regardless.
While generalized quotes may help, quotes that are more specific to your hurt, disappointment, or heartache may be more beneficial to bring happiness to your life. It is important to remember that each bad moment in your life will eventually pass, and these quotes may be a helpful reminder of that.
1. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” – Carl Jung
2. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” – Peter Hagerty
3. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
4. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with
the rain.” – Dolly Parton
5. “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett-Henry
6. “Perhaps you were made for this moment: to walk through blazing fire and come forth as gold.” – Morgan Haper Nichols
Positive Quotes For When You Are Going Through a Change
Change is inevitable, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it is easy. Sometimes, change is unwanted and, even if it is wanted, it is likely going to be difficult to make a habit of the change or learn to accept it.
Since change is so hard, you may need some positivity in your life to help you through and to remind you of why the change is necessary and potentially good for you. Luckily, there are some positive quotes to assist you throughout the process.
7. “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” – Guy Finley
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedures, the process is its own reward.”
– Amelia Earhart
Positive Quotes For When Someone Doesn’t Like You
You are, of course, going to come across people in your life who just don’t like you. Whatever the reason may be, you have to learn to accept this fact. You cannot change the opinions of others, you can just ignore it and continue being your best self.
Ignoring when someone doesn’t like you and moving on is easier said than done, however. If you can’t seem to brighten your own thoughts, there are positive quotes to help with this situation, as well.
8. “Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are.” – Mandy Hale
9. “I don’t go by or change my attitude based on what people say. At the end of the day, they, too, are judging me from their perspective. I would rather be myself and let people accept me for what I am than be somebody who I am not, just because i want people’s approval.” – Karen Patel
Fun Positive Quotes
If you are in a silly mood, fun positive quotes can help brighten your day. These quotes could be said with children, too, making them fun to share with the whole family. Fun quotes tend to be light-hearted, but they are also full of meaning.
Since children (and writers of children’s books) have a different perspective on the world, quotes that are more intended for children offer insights that you may not have thought of on your own.
9. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on
your way.” – Dr. Seuss
“If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
General Quotes to Make Your Life Brighter
There will be times when nothing is actually wrong, but you could still use some help bringing brightness into your life anyway. When this is the case, it can be helpful to think about happiness and other positive aspects of life.
Reminders to do positive deeds and to think positive thoughts are helpful to everyone. These quotes are also useful to share with others who could use some positivity and uplifting in their lives.
10. “Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when you share it.” – Albert Schweitzer
11. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” – Marcus Aurelius
12. “Be so happy that, when other people look at you, they become happy too.” – Anonymous
13. “If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu
Quotes For When You’ve Made a Mistake
It happens to everyone; we all make mistakes in our lives. The sooner you can admit you’ve done so, the easier it is to get past. Sometimes, a positive quote or two may help you feel better about the situation or enlighten you on a way to fix the situation.
14. “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” – Wolfgang Riebe
“Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
Other Positivity Inspiring Quotes
Some of the best positive quotes are more difficult to categorize. These quotes are more generalized, and they can be applied to many different situations. When you’re having trouble staying positive but can’t quite figure out how you’re feeling, there are still many quotes that can help make your life brighter.
15. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Mine
16. “The happiness of life is made up of the little charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
17. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
18. “Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” – Lou Holtz
19. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” – Charles Dickens
20. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
Final Thoughts On Positive Quotes To Make Your Life Brighter
No one is safe from the unexpectedness of life. At any given moment, you could be thrown a curveball and need something to make your life brighter. This could be when things just aren’t going the way you had planned, or it could be when you are going through a change.
No matter the cause of your curveball, brightening your day and working your way through the situation in a positive way is so important. One safe, effective way to do this is by reading quotes that relate to your feelings. This list of quotes should hold at least one quote that will help you through and make your life brighter.