Women and girls are fed so many discouraging messages in today’s society. Whether it’s our bodies, our careers, or our relationships, we are constantly comparing ourselves to others and feeling inferior. Inspiring quotes can help us reach a better frame of mind. Self love is an important skill for everyone to learn. Before we reach outside ourselves for validation, we should learn to love ourselves. Inspiring quotes can help us find new ways to show ourselves compassion.
It can be hard to stop blaming ourselves for all of our problems in life. Resentment and disgust with yourself will only keep you from living a happy and fulfilled life. Inspiring quotes will help you see the sunnier side of life and give you the boost you need to move forward.
19 Inspiring Quotes About Self-Love
1. “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.
2. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”
3. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.”
Barbara De Angelis
4. “Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.”
5. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”
6. “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.”
7. “If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.”
8. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.”
9. “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.”
10. “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.”
Diane Von Furstenberg
11. “Dare to love yourself
as if you were a rainbow
with gold at both ends.”
12. “How would your life be different if you stopped allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions? Let today be the day. You stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without attachment to the validation of others.”
13. “I’ve learned to ignore the negative people and just be a living example of confidence and self-love.”
14. “Makeup is no different than clothes and accessories – it’s embellishments for your face. And it also gives you creative freedom. You get to have that moment in front the mirror every morning and give yourself self-love. You’re making yourself up beautiful, which is essentially self-love.”
15. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.”
16. “Well-ordered self-love is right and natural.”
St. Thomas Aquinas
17. “The deepest gift you can learn in life is about self-love, and that’s not going to happen overnight.”
18. “A lot of times, in our culture and our society, we put romantic love somehow on a higher plane than self-love and friendship love. You can’t do that. You have to honor and really fully invest in all these different loving relationships.”
19. “I was born with confidence in myself and who I am. Even when I was a little kid, I felt that, and I carried it all through my years. I’m 26 now, and I’m still that person. I think every woman needs to have that self-love.”
Self love is especially difficult for women, since we have such high expectations for ourselves. Inspiring quotes for self love can bring us a sense of pride in difficult times. They can take away our worry that we are not good enough. As we move through life, it is crucial to develop the skill of self love. Inspiring quotes can show us the way to love ourselves again.