Sometimes, showing ourselves love can be challenging, as we have so many other things on our minds that can easily drag us down. However, with the right tools and habits, you will be on your way to loving yourself in no time! Without further ado, here are some of our best ideas on how you can love yourself fully and unconditionally.
100 Simple Ways to Show Yourself Love
1. Smile more often!
2. Spend more time in the sun, but at least try for 15-20 minutes per day.
3. Connect with positive, uplifting people and distance yourself from negativity.
4. Make sure to spend time outdoors getting fresh air, and spend less time on technology.
5. Do more things you enjoy, and less things you dislike.
6. Read inspiring books, and watch inspirational TV shows/YouTube channels.
7. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day, 4 times per week.
8. Treat yourself every once in a while – you deserve it!
9. Practice positive self-talk each day; this is one of the best ways to change your mindset overall.
10. Take time to relax and unwind each day, whether that’s taking a long bath, reading your favorite book, meditating, or something else you really enjoy.
11. Laugh more! If you have to, watch funny YouTube videos or movies to make yourself laugh. Or, hang out with funny people that will help to take away worries and stress.
12. Get rid of anything in your life that no longer serves your best interest.
13. Remember to take deep breaths and tell yourself that this too shall pass.
14. Start writing your dreams and goals down, and make a list of steps to help you achieve those goals.
15. Get out of your comfort zone more often.
16. Do what’s best for you, NOT what others believe is best for you.
17. Breathe in the good, breathe out the bad.
18. Strike up a conversation with a stranger; you never know where it may lead.
19. Get a pet – pets have been proven to be therapeutic and make wonderful companions!
20. Start a gratitude journal so you can keep your mind focused on all the blessings in life instead of all the worries you might have.
21. Prioritize sleep; most adults need at least 7 hours per night for optimal functioning.
22. Believe in you, even if no one else does.
23. Always follow your heart, no matter what.
24. Make sure to drink plenty of water! Try for at least 2 liters per day to start, then up it to three when you feel ready.
25. Take a spontaneous weekend trip or road trip, just to get away and recharge for a bit.
26. Meditate each morning for at least thirty minutes so that you can start each day focused and refreshed.
27. Buy something that will truly benefit your life, such as a juicer or self-help book.
28. Eat healthy foods, and try to eliminate or reduce foods that don’t make you feel good inside and out.
29. Commit to making one small change per day, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work. Eventually, these small changes will amount to really big ones!
30. Listen to music throughout the day to boost your mood and even help you focus!
31. Learn something new that you’ve been interested in learning for a while, like sewing, cooking, or writing short stories.
32. Have more sex!
33. Eat high-vibrational foods, such as fruits and vegetables, and try replacing unhealthy snacks with healthier ones.
34. Practice positive affirmations. You can even write them on sticky notes and place them on your mirror so you see them every day while you get ready!
35. Challenge yourself more; accomplishing something new will raise your self-esteem and give you a more positive outlook!
36. Learn how to play an instrument, such as a guitar or drums.
37. Make a vision board so that you can start turning your dreams into reality!
38. Instead of putting yourself down, compliment yourself!
39. Volunteer and help others. Not only will this make someone else’s life easier; it will also give you a sense of self-worth.
40. Don’t take on too many responsibilities; learn how to say “no” if you have to.
41. Get excited about something! Even if it’s something small, this will help you keep a positive outlook on life.
42. Start getting honest with yourself. Dig deep and uncover what’s holding you back. Self-reflection is very important to happiness, as looking within will help you solve problems you may have outwardly.
43. Read our website daily and check our Facebook page for regular updates. 🙂
44. Don’t let your dreams die. Revisit them regularly, even if it’s been months, and try to work in small steps to get where you desire.
45. Don’t be too hard on yourself. If something doesn’t work out or you make a mistake, there’s always another door and another way of looking at the problem.
46. Go explore somewhere new!!
47. Always be honest with your feelings and with others. Authenticity happens when you release pent up feelings and follow your intuition.
48. Eat chocolate more often. Studies have shown that it can boost your mood and even help you focus!
49. Breathe more deeply.
50. Make sure to keep a clean living space. An environment free of clutter will help you feel more focused and less frazzled.
51. Try a massage or acupuncture for relaxation and releasing stress.
52. Volunteer at an animal shelter, especially if you don’t have a pet of your own.
53. Practice mindfulness in all areas of life. Do each activity and task slowly and mindfully, and don’t rush anything. This will help you improve your focus and reduce mental fatigue and brain fog.
54. Spend more time with your family and friends.
55. Take advice from your elders.
56. Forgive yourself and others. Holding onto grudges will only bring you down in the end.
57. Listen to motivational speakers when you feel discouraged. You can find plenty of them on YouTube.
58. Relish in the little things in life. Take time to slow down and appreciate them.
59. Take a day off each week to devote to yourself. Do your favorite things on this day, and don’t allow your mind to wander to responsibilities/work/etc. Be fully present and enjoy your day off!
60. Grow your own food if you’re able to.
61. Don’t rush life. Take time off to travel if you need to; life is more than just working and paying bills.
62. Sell things around the house that you don’t use. This eliminates clutter while adding to your funds, which is a win-win in our book!
63. Talk about your problems; stop hiding from them. The first step to recovery is accepting you have a problem; the second step is discussing them so that you can find solutions and possibly gain a new perspective.
64. Allow yourself a certain time each day to check social media, texts, and emails. Consolidating your online time into one session means more time to do other things that will really benefit you.
65. Face your greatest fears, and then share your experience with others!
66. Find a healthy outlet for your emotions in a way that works for you. Therapy, playing or listening to music, writing in a journal, exercising, or drawing are all great options.
67. Find meetups in your area that you enjoy, and go to them as often as you can!
68. Replace a bad habit with a good one. For example, you could go walking outside after work instead of immediately coming home to veg out on the couch.
69. Treat yourself to a night out during the week. Go to dinner and dancing with a friend or significant other, or go see your favorite band play!
70. Buy incense or scented candles to help you relax after a long day.
71. Give more hugs!
72. Listen more, talk less. There’s a lot of wisdom in silence.
73. Fill your Facebook feed with positivity.
74. Read positive and inspiring quotes daily.
75. Plan a vacation – even if you don’t go on it any time soon or don’t even book it, at least you’ll have a place in mind and a goal to work towards!
76. Turn off technology for a few hours each day. You’ll feel more refreshed and rejuvenated!
77. Practice positive thinking daily.
78. Increase self-confidence by doing things that make you feel good, such as working out, eating healthy, hanging out with positive people, etc.
79. Watch the words you use, as the language you choose can either increase or decrease your energy and vibration.
80. Give free hugs!
81. Meet new people by doing activities in your community that you enjoy!
82. Make a scrapbook full of positive memories with your favorite people!
83. Give lessons to others in something that you excel at.
84. Don’t be afraid to fail. If you do, at least you can say you tried rather than not taking the risk of failure at all.
85. Leave a job you don’t like and try to find one that fits your interests and truly makes you happy.
86. Create a plan for the future. Having a plan in place will lower your stress levels and give you a sense of control over your reality.
87. Motivate yourself and keep your head up. Then, help others to do the same!
88. Be a kid for a day! Go to a public park and play on the swings, have a water gun fight, play hopskotch, etc.
89. Delegate tasks to others that you feel you can’t do on your own.
90. Complain less, rejoice more. Complaining will only lower your energy levels, whereas gratitude will increase them!
91. Make sure to spend time with yourself in complete solitude sometimes. Everyone needs a break from the chaos and noise of the world at some point.
92. Choose a job with a low amount of stress if possible.
93. Take yourself out on a date to your favorite restaurant or park!
94. Embrace the present, and try not to dwell on the past or future too often. All we truly have is now, anyway.
95. Give more love to others. The more open and vulnerable you are, the stronger your relationships will be.
96. Make your home your sanctuary. Decorate it the way you want, eliminate clutter, and try to dedicate one part of your home to meditation/yoga/etc.
97. Watch the sun rise before you begin your day. Better yet, sit outside with a mug of coffee for a good 20-30 minutes before you get ready for work.
98. Do a cleanse every once in a while to reset your body. You can do a juice cleanse, water fast, or whatever detox method works best for you.
99. Spend time bonding with your significant other, if you have one. Love given and received from others helps elevate self-love, too.
100. If you successfully spent a few hours without technology, try going camping for a weekend without phones, tablets, computers, etc for a full mental recharge!