Everyone knows that life isn’t always perfect. When you are struggling or when things aren’t going right, you might even find yourself feeling undeserving of love. This feeling is tough to deal with, and it can be detrimental to your relationships.
When you feel this way, you must remember that you are deserving of love. Remind yourself that everyone has imperfections and makes mistakes, and everyone is different. Even still, you are incredibly worthy of love.
It can be hard to tell yourself these things, however. That is where these quotes to remember when you feel undeserving of love come in handy. They will remind you that you are incredibly deserving, no matter what is happening in your life at that time.
Quotes for When You Feel Undeserving of Love
These quotes will first let you know that you aren’t the only person who has ever felt this way. It is normal to feel this way sometimes, although that feeling is false. Most importantly, however, these quotes will serve as a reminder that you deserve the love you have always dreamed of.
1. “The only thing between you and big love is your belief in your worthiness of it.” – Kristin Lohr
If you are feeling undeserving of love, you are likely standing in your way of finding it. On the other hand, if you decide that you are worthy, you will be blessed with true love. It is all in your mindset and your beliefs of yourself.
2. “Having patience always gives you what you deserve.” – Fatma Alfalasi
Instead of feeling like you are undeserving of love because you haven’t found it yet, be patient. Remember that love will come along at just the right time. If you can wait until the right moment, you will receive the love that you truly do deserve.
3. “When things are challenging, remember you are not the feelings and emotions. They are just a reaction to the situation, so accept them and try to find the root source and ease that pain – The core essence of you is a beautiful, unique, authentic spirit, and you are worthy of everything in life.” – Nanette Mathews
You may feel bad sometimes, but that feeling doesn’t mean you are undeserving of love. Your reactions to challenges don’t determine your worth, so find a way to overcome and move forward. Remember that you are truly worthy and deserving of love.
4. “He who hides himself amongst the shadows deserves to live inside the dark shadows! Meet with the light to deserve the light!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
You are only as deserving as you decide you are. When you decide that you are unworthy, that is how your life will turn out. When you turn to the light and realize that you are deserving, you will find the love you have dreamt of.
5. “You don’t have to earn or deserve love. You are love. Loving is never about how others treat you. It is always about how you are treating yourself.” – Rhonda Britten
As Britten explains, you don’t have to be deserving of love because you are love. If you treat yourself right and show yourself, love, you are getting all that you need. The rest will follow.
6. “You are worthy of good things, and you are a deserving and beautiful person.” – Bryant McGill
No matter how badly you are feeling, remember that you are worthy and deserving. You are a good person, and you deserve good things and love always. If you aren’t receiving the love you deserve from someone else, give it to yourself.
7. “You may not be perfect when measuring yourself by unattainable standards. But you are always perfectly lovable. Let go of this ideal of perfect. Accept yourself as you are. Allow yourself to love yourself as you are.” – Akiroq Brost
When you measure yourself by unreachable standards, you will always come up short. So, stop measuring yourself this way. Instead, remind yourself that you are deserving of love and accept yourself just as you are now.
You don’t have to change yourself to find love. Stop striving for perfection because no one is perfect.
8. “You’ll have moments when you feel like a lion and moments when you feel like a mouse. Just know that no matter how you feel, you still have a heartbeat and a soul worthy of love, so learn to roar even when you feel small, because you are more than the feelings you may have.” – T.B. LaBerge
Life changes, and so do your feelings. Bad things will happen as good things will, so you will feel differently based on what is going on in your life at that time. Through the good and the bad, you have to remember that you are deserving of love.
As you remind yourself of this, remember to stay strong and powerful even during the bad times. Don’t let your feelings during the bad times; determine the way you feel about yourself.
9. “You’re good enough as you are. You’re beautiful as you are! But equally, accept that it is natural for everyone to love and be loved. We don’t need to run from love; we need to run toward it.” – Lizzie Velásquez
Don’t ever feel like you have to change who you are. You are who you were meant to be, and you have to stay true to yourself no matter what. Even when things aren’t going great, remember to run towards love because you are incredibly deserving of it.
10. “Choose every day to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed, and most of all worthy of love.” – Alison Malee
Forgive yourself for your mistakes, and don’t let the negative feelings linger. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but you have to accept the mistakes and move on. This doesn’t mean you are undeserving of love. It simply means you are human.
11. “One remedy for the fear of not being loved is to remember how good it feels to love someone. If you’re feeling unloved and you want to feel better, go love someone, and see what happens.” – Dossie Easton
When you feel like you aren’t worthy of love, try loving someone else instead. This will remind you that you are worthy and will find love when the time is right.
12. “Be confused. It’s where you begin to learn new things. Be broken, it’s where you begin to heal. Be frustrated, it’s where you start to make more authentic decisions. Be sad because if we are brave enough, we can hear our heart’s wisdom through it. Be whatever you are right now. No more hiding. You are worthy, always.” – S.C. Lourie
Being confused, broken, frustrated, or sad is completely normal in life. Embrace it and accept it as you learn from each moment. Even though the hard times and negative emotions, you are worthy of love and deserve it always.
13. “The only way a society of diverse people can survive without tearing itself apart over differences in nature is by accepting that ALL people are different and that no single one of us is more or less deserving of decent treatment, compassion, legal and ethical equality, justice, life, or love than any other.” – Christina Engela
While everyone is different, as Engela explains, it doesn’t mean they are worthy of love. Instead, accept that everyone is different, including you. Even still, you are just as deserving as everyone else is for all of these great things in life.
14. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brené Brown
As stated before, everyone is imperfect and will struggle sometimes. Even though the imperfections and struggles though, you are still worthy. As long as you remember this, you can rest assured that love will come your way.
15. “Remember you were born of love, you are love, it exists inside you, that’s where it begins. When you know this, you will have a happier life. ” – Angie Karan
Love is the center of all life. Life begins with love and exists inside of you forever. This means that you are love, so you are always worthy of it.
Final Thoughts on Quotes to Remember When You Feel Undeserving of Love
As explained before, life gets hard sometimes, and you may feel bad, hurt, or undeserving of love. When this is the case, remember these quotes, and you will find comfort knowing that the way you are feeling isn’t accurate. You are completely deserving of love, and it will come to you when the time is right.
When you have made a mistake or find yourself struggling, don’t tell yourself you aren’t worthy of love. You are always worthy, as these quotes to remember when you feel undeserving of love explain. Keep these quotes handy, and remember them when you need a reminder.