Love is the best feeling in the world, but heartbreak may leave you feeling like you can’t love again. However, it’s important to get past that feeling and give love another shot when the time is right. Many quotes on love can help you love again, with tips, encouragement, and experienced insight.
You are not alone in this situation, and it is normal to be afraid to love again. You deserve to be happy and to experience all of the joy that comes along with being in love, though. Don’t miss out on those experiences out of fear or because you are holding onto something that has ended.
Give yourself another chance at love, no matter how many times you get hurt. As these quotes on love will explain, the right person will come along at the right time. You have to be open to the possibility and remember that true love will be incomparable to anything else.
Fifteen Quotes on Love to Help You Move on and Love Again
1. “It’s okay to be scared, but you have to go out there, open up, love, make mistakes, learn, be stronger, and start all over again.” – Unknown
If your last relationship left you sacred for the next one, that’s okay. You still have to be strong and start all over again, being open to loving again. Life is all about love, so learn from your mistakes and try again.
2. “The greatest act of courage is not falling in love. But, despite everything, falling in love again.” – Robin Wayne Bailey
Falling in love, the first time happens without warning, so it is not the most courageous thing. However, falling in love again after being hurt shows true courage. Show yourself just how courageous you are by being open to the possibility of loving again.
3. “First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.” – Maya Angelou
There is nothing better than falling in love, as Angelou explains here. While falling out of love is pretty awful, it is still better than never having experienced love.
Give yourself a shot at love, even if you have been scorned in the past. Don’t miss out on the best thing in life because of fear or anger.
4. “Being hurt should not stop us on loving again. Always remember that better things are yet to come in our life.” – Unknown
Everyone gets hurt in life and, while it is an awful experience, you can’t let it hold you back. You deserve to be happy and to love again, so remind yourself of this. Better things will come as long as you let them in.
5. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
When a relationship ends, it can be hard to let go and move on. This will only stop you from loving again, however. If painful feelings are still there, you won’t be able to experience love.
Learn to let go and forgive yourself. Forgive the person and the situation, and allow yourself to heal. Then, you will be able to love again when the time is right.
6. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz
Many things are important in life, but giving and receiving love is at the top of the list. Love brings happiness and other positive feelings, making life more enjoyable and exciting. Be open to falling in love again, and remember that it will be well worth it.
7. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
The pain you experience at the end of a relationship can be hard to deal with. If you can let go and accept what has happened, it will make the process that much easier on you. Acceptance and closure will open up new possibilities and bring new people into your life.
8. “Stop rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn’t work. Next thing you know, you rejected the one that God made for you by mistake. Yes, never give up on finding your soul mate. Searching for true love and finding it? Is priceless!!” – Glen Rambharack
You don’t have to date everyone you meet, but at least give people a chance. Please get to know them, become friends, and be open to the possibility that something more might happen later.
If you turn everyone away, you might miss out on someone great. Even after experiencing pain, you have to be open to loving again. There is nothing that compares to love, and it will only lead to greater things.
9. “Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side.” – Heather Stillufsen
Falling out of love and healing from it is a storm that you have to get through. Don’t stop and let the storm overcome you and ruin your chance at love in the future. If you can get through the hard times, you will be blessed when the storm passes.
10. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
Always remember that love is what makes life beautiful and exciting. Without love, everything would be dreary. With love, however, comes excitement, happiness, and a new perspective on life.
11. “Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more. And those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life.” – Merle Shain
Even if you try to convince yourself that you don’t want love, you will feel robbed of joy without it. It will leave you feeling empty, which is always worse than the risk you take by falling in love. You have to give happiness a chance and open up to the idea of loving again.
12. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
Trees are always more beautiful with blossoms or fruit mixed in with the green leaves. Without blossoms or fruit, however, the tree is not the same. Fill your life with beautiful, eye-catching things by letting love in.
13. “Keep going. Everything you need will come to you at the perfect time.” – Unknown
You don’t have to start searching for love right now, but stay open to it. Love will come to you when the time is right and when the right person comes along.
You have to give people a chance and keep an open mind. Then, you can recognize it when it comes to you.
14. “There is always madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Love is complicated and wonderful simultaneously, and there is always madness, as Nietzsche describes. What is more important, though, is the reason behind the madness.
When it comes to love, that madness might be passion and a deep connection. Instead of being afraid of the intense feelings, remember that there is a reason your feelings are so strong.
15. “Getting even with the person that broke your heart will never give you peace. The only thing that will heal your wounds is believing that God loves you enough to bring someone else into your life to respect you and love you in the way you deserve!” – Shannon L. Alder
If you focus on getting even or dwelling on your anger and pain, you won’t be able to love again. You will only love again when you let go of the feelings and work on moving forward. Remind yourself that you will find someone to love again as long as you begin letting go of the past.
Love is scary enough, but when you have been hurt, it is even scarier. The idea of falling in love again may scare you enough that you turn everyone away. However, this isn’t ideal, and these quotes on love can help you get past that mindset.
Use these quotes on love to help you love again to not miss out on joy in life. Love makes everything just a little bit brighter, so keep an open mind and an open heart. Once the right person comes along at the right time, you should be ready to recognize it and try again.
When you begin to feel afraid again, remember these quotes on love. You deserve to love and be loved, and you can only do that if you work on overcoming the fear.