When you feel emotionally stuck after breaking up with someone, you need to move on. This is easier said than done, however, and it can’t be difficult to get out of the rut.
Moving on will help you find happiness again. Plus, it will help you create a new future for yourself that is even better than the past.
These quotes will help you move on when you’re emotionally stuck. Those who have been through it before can offer advice and insight that can help you. You aren’t alone in this feeling, so remember these quotes to help you move on.
Fifteen Quotes That Will Help You Move on When You’re Emotionally Stuck
1. “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
You never know what is in store for your future. There may be many amazing things that happen to you that wouldn’t have if you’d gotten what you wanted.
When you lose someone, remember that it could be the universes way of telling you it isn’t what’s best for you. The end of a relationship is the start of something new. Remember that the new will be even better than what you lost.
2. “If you lost it, it’s because you’re meant to find something better. Trust, let go, and make room for what’s coming.” – Mandy Hale
Maybe your relationship didn’t work out because you were destined for something more. Have faith that everything will work out for the best.
No one is destined to be unhappy, so embrace the change and wait for what is coming next. Let go of what is no longer yours and look forward to the blessings that you haven’t experienced yet.
3. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
As the reoccurring theme in these quotes, Monroe explains that something better is coming. Just because something good ended doesn’t mean you won’t ever be happy again.
Instead, you’ll likely find something better that makes you even happier. Life tends to work out the way it is supposed to. This means you will find the person who is perfect for you if you allow yourself to move on.
4. “Sometimes you just have to erase the messages, delete the numbers, and move on. You don’t have to forget who that person was to you; only accept that they aren’t that person anymore.” – Unknown
Get rid of the things that remind you of that person. Eliminate your methods of contacting them so that you aren’t tempted to reach out. Doing these things will help you move on when you’re emotionally stuck.
While the memories may never be forgotten, you have to accept that there will be no new memories. Remember who they were fondly, and choose to leave it as a memory. As the end of a relationship signifies, that person isn’t the same anymore.
5. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
You can’t force someone to stay in your life. If they choose to walk away, you can still care about them or love them, but you can’t control them. Remind yourself that you can only control your actions and not theirs.
Since you can control your actions, choose to move on. Each day, make the conscious decision to do something that makes you happy. Before you know it, you’ll have forgotten all about the emotional pain you were experiencing.
6. “If you really want closure … at some point, you have to shut the door.” – Jacki Wells Wunderlin
You can’t keep an open line of communication with someone you are trying to get over. When you do this, you are forcing yourself to remain emotionally stuck. As Wunderlin explains, you have to close the door to move on.
This means you have to delete their phone number, remove them from your social media, and eliminate all contact. You can’t allow them to continue reaching out to you, and you can’t reach out to them. Breaking up means you have to move on if you want to heal.
7. “If life can remove someone you never dreamed of losing, it can replace them with someone you never dreamt of having.” – Unknown
Life is unexpected, but that isn’t always a bad thing. Although disappointments and heartbreak occur, unexpected blessings occur, too. Keep moving forward when you feel stuck and you’ll find something even better.
8. “If you don’t leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future. Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.” – Unknown
You can’t keep reliving the pain of what has happened in the past. Since what happened can’t be changed, you need to move on and live in the present. When you do this, you’ll stop feeling like you are emotionally stuck.
9. “Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.” – Robin Sharma
Breaking up is hard and life-changing, and you may feel like there is nothing good about it. Once you get through it, however, you’ll see what a blessing it was to your life. You’ll be able to find the person you are truly destined to be with.
10. “Maybe it’s not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it’s about starting over and creating something better.” – Unknown
It’s not always worth fixing something that is broken. Sometimes, the more logical option is to get rid of it and start fresh. The same goes for relationships.
There comes a time when you have to admit it’s time to move on. While it may hurt at first, moving on and starting over will make you happier than you ever thought possible.
11. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
When you feel like you are emotionally stuck, it’s important to find a way to move on. If you allow yourself to stay stuck, you won’t be able to begin the next part of your life. Decide to continue your story instead of looking back at the part that has already ended.
12. “Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.” – Unknown
After breaking up with someone, don’t change your opinion of love. Instead, remind yourself that if you could feel that way about the wrong person, what’s coming will be even better.
Remember, the way you’ll feel about the right person will be unimaginable. So, look forward to what is in your future instead of feeling bitter about what is in the past.
13. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
Everything happens for a reason, so don’t waste your energy on fighting the change. Embrace the change, and put your energy into building something even better for yourself.
14. “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
Even when you repair something, the cracks and broken parts will still show. You can’t pretend that everything is as good as it once ones. Accept that it is broken, and stop focusing your energy on fixing it.
Remember the fond memories, and accept that they are in the past. Once things have changed, they will never be the same and it will be a continuous disappointment.
15. “The poison leaves bit by bit, not all at once. Be patient. You are healing.” – Yasmin Mogahed
Breaking up is hard and it will be an emotional time for you. Keep moving and working on the next step in your life.