While change is a normal part of life, it can still be scary. When you become comfortable or accustomed to your life being a certain way, you may develop a fear of change. This fear can hold you back or prevent you from reaching your goals if you let it.
It would be best if you worked to beat your fear of change so that you can embrace life. Even if it seems negative at the time, each change brings new opportunities and experiences to you. You also learn and grow when things change, helping you become a better version of yourself.
As you face a change in your life, make sure you work to overcome the fear. Push your negative thoughts aside and remind yourself that it is okay not to know what is coming. Think of it as an exciting journey and stay open to all the newness that follows.
Fifteen Quotes to Help You Beat Your Fear of Change
To help you beat your fear, read these wise quotes written by those that have been through it before. They will give you some helpful insight into how to accept and embrace change. Plus, the wise quotes serve as proof that good things can come from change.
Change is scary, but only because it is unknown. You never know what to expect when things become unfamiliar. Try to push those negative thoughts away and instead focus on the things you can gain.
When things change, you have new opportunities and experiences. Be open to these things and make it a joyful experience as you realize change doesn’t have to be wrong.
2. “People will try to tell you that all the great opportunities have been snapped up. In reality, the world changes every second, blowing new opportunities in all directions, including yours.” – Ken Hakuta
No matter what, there are more opportunities out there. Don’t let anyone scare you by telling you that there aren’t. Since things are always changing, new opportunities are still opening up.
So, as your life changes, remember that there are plenty of opportunities for you. Stay open to any possibility, and you will soon begin noticing them.
3. “Life is about change. Sometimes it’s painful. Sometimes it’s beautiful. But most of the time, it’s both.” – Lana Lang
Change is inevitable, and sometimes it isn’t enjoyable. It might hurt you sometimes, but it is still beautiful. Embrace the change and look for the positives as you get used to the newness in your life.
4. “When you embrace change, you will begin to see it as an opportunity for growth.” – Jack Canfield
As things change, you will learn and grow. Embrace change and look for the learning opportunities it presents so that you can become better. When you do this, you will no longer let your fear of change hold you back.
5. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Anatole France
As France explains, you must change if you want to grow. Growth is a part of life, and you won’t be living fully unless you embrace it. Push away your fear of change so that you be excited about the growth that will come.
6. “Your life does not get better by chance; it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
You can’t expect your life to get any better if you don’t do anything. Making a change is essential for growth and success. To reach your goals and live a fulfilling life, learn to appreciate the difference.
7. “Change is not something that we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. For without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom and no one in this world would ever move forward to become the person they’re meant to be.” – B.K.S Iyengar
Change isn’t as scary as you may believe. With change comes new changes and opportunities, and it helps you become the person you’re supposed to be. Remember these words to help you overcome your fear the next time you are faced with a change.
Resisting change will not help you overcome the fear, and it will not help you positively move forward. Stop focusing on the things you can’t change instead of focusing on building a happy, fulfilling present and future.
9. “I’ve learned that fear limits you and your vision. It serves as blinders to what may be just a few steps down the road for you. The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path. Transforming fear into freedom—how great is that?” – Soledad O’Brien
Your fear of change limits you and doesn’t allow you to see what your life could be like. As you resist change, you could be missing many fulfilling opportunities or experiencing. Instead, believe in yourself and believe that you can tackle change positively.
10. “You’ve done it before, and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” – Ralph Marston
Think back on other times in your life when things have changed. You made it through those situations, and things worked out fine. Remember that as you face change again.
If you remember that you have made it through everything in the past, you can beat your fear. Try to push the negative thoughts surrounding change from your mind. Instead, focus on the positive parts of it and on the happiness that you will find.
11. “We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.” – Max De Pree
You likely have goals in life that you haven’t reached yet. If you want to reach them, you must make a change that will make all of your dreams possible. Don’t let your fear prevent you from reaching your full potential and living the life you desire.
12. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
Change won’t make sense until you begin experiencing it. The longer you wait, the longer you will be facing the unknown. Figure out what is happening by diving in and seeing the good things that the change has brought.
The only way to overcome your fear of change is to do as Watts says and join in. Begin learning and growing as new things happen, and your fear will be overcome.
13. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
You can’t move forward or get better if things don’t change. To make progress in life or reach your goals, you must be open and accepting of changes. Try not to think of evolution as a bad thing because it is necessary to make progress.
14. “May your choices reflect your hopes. Not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
Think about the things you hope for and then make your choices based on that. If you make your choices based on your fear of change, then something in your life will never progress. Accept change because it is the only way to become better and live a more fulfilling life.
15. “Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.” – Maya Angelou
Change is scary because it is unknown. It might be hard to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, but it is sometimes necessary. Don’t stay in a situation that makes you unhappy or negative simply because you fear change.
Going through changes can be challenging and uncomfortable, but you can do it positively. Push away the negative thoughts telling you that difference is bad. Instead, begin thinking about good things that change can bring into your life.
Even when you think that the change you are going through is bad, there is still good. Look for the positivity in all situations and embrace the little things that bring joy. As you do this, you will begin to accept the change, making your life easier and happier.
Come back to these wise quotes to help you beat your fear of change anytime you need to. Print them out and keep them handy just in case you need some encouragement throughout your day. You don’t have to be afraid of change, and remembering that is key to beating your fear.