Change means different things to different people, as these quotes explain. Some people embrace change, while others resist it.
Change can mean good things are coming, or it could be something unexpected and dreaded is happening. Either way, you have to accept it and make that change into something great. These quotes about change can help you accept any change and make it as beneficial as possible.
Based on your mindset, you can control what effect a change will have on your life. If you embrace change, you will find the benefits of it. On the other hand, if you resist change, you may struggle to see any benefit.
20 Quotes About Change Never to Forget
Change in life is inevitable. These quotes about change will help you understand that it is necessary. Plus, some of the quotes about change guide making the most of the change.
1. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
No one else can implement the changes that you want to see, says President Obama. You have to be the one to make the changes and begin the process. This is the only way to have the life you have dreamed of and reach your goals.
Change isn’t easy. It’s uncomfortable and new, and it won’t always be perfect. This doesn’t mean it’s not a good change, so keep an open mind as you get used to the new situation.
3. “Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around.” – Roy T. Bennett (click to tweet)
Change doesn’t always have to be forced on you. It can be a choice that you make. This doesn’t always make it any easier, however. When you sense that you need a change in your life, it is up to you to figure it out. This may mean walking away from people you care about if they aren’t a positive influence in your life.
4. “I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is that they must change if they are to get better.” – Georg Lichtenberg
There is no guaranteed outcome when something changes. However, if you don’t try and choose to stay the same, there will be no room for improvement. To have a better life, you have to be willing to change.
5. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them — that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
Resisting change is only resisting the inevitable. It will leave you feeling frustrated and in despair, as Tzu explains. Instead, accept each change as it comes and adapts accordingly.
6. “Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.” – Frida Kahlo
Everything in life changes at some point. Things aren’t meant to stay the same, so nature ensures the changes are never-ending. Accept them and know that even if one thing leaves, something good will take its place.
7. “Resistance is never the agent of change. You have to embrace the actions that are going to get you closer to your goal.” – Ali Vincent
Trying to avoid making a change will keep you from reaching your goal. You have to roll with each change, no matter how unexpected, to keep getting closer. With each change that you adapt to, you are becoming more resilient for the next one.
8. “There can be no life without change, and to be afraid of what is different or unfamiliar is to be afraid of life.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Without change, the life cycle would end. Each part of life requires some change. So, to be afraid to change is the same as being afraid of life itself, as Roosevelt explained.
9. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” – Madonna
Anyone can change if they set their mind to it. This means you can change yourself and become whoever you have always dreamed of being. It isn’t too late to become the best version of you. Just remember that you are the only one who can change you; it should be the changes you want.
10. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
You can’t become better if you never change. Improvement is always necessary, and improving means changing and adapting. Those who can’t change won’t be able to progress in any of their life goals.
When a change seems to be hard, try looking at it differently. If you can see it differently, you’ll find the opportunities that arise from the change.
12. “Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.” – Pauline R. Kezer
While roots are essential, branches are the only way to expand. Branches grow and stretch across new places and see new things that roots could never see. Allow yourself to branch out and see more of the world than you would have if your life never changed.
13. “Without change, something sleeps inside us and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
Life would become dull and monotonous if nothing ever changed. You would lose a part of yourself that sparked the urge to grow and adapt.
14. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited about what could go right.” – Tony Robbins
In life, there are always things that could go wrong. This is especially true when a change is taking place because you aren’t sure what to expect.
However, the chance of things going right is greater than the chance of them going wrong. Instead of focusing on what could go wrong, focus on the excitement of what you want to happen. There is no need to stress yourself out over the negative when the positive is likely to occur.
15. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
Sometimes, life forces you to make a change. When an unexpected obstacle gets in your way, make a change to get around it. Create a new plan and adapt accordingly.
16. “Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly.” – Francis Bacon
If you don’t make a change when given the option and the chance to plan accordingly, it could happen unexpectedly. When this happens, you’ll be left scrambling and trying to recover. So, when the chance arises, make a change for the better, so you aren’t blindsided later on.
17. “Dreams are the seeds of change. Nothing ever grows without a seed, and nothing ever changes without a dream.” – Debby Boone
You must be willing to change your life when you have a dream. You can’t reach new successes and achievements if everything stays the same. So, when you have a dream, allow it to grow and make the necessary changes.
18. “Change is slow and gradual. It requires hard work, a bit of luck, a fair amount of self-sacrifice, and a lot of patience.” – Robert Greene
When a change occurs, it isn’t always easy, as explained before. Getting used to it may take time and dedication, and you may feel like giving up sometimes. Just keep working at it, though; eventually, it will be normal.
19. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.” – Alan Cohen
At some point, change is necessary. Your life isn’t intended to stay the same for all of the time. You have to let go of what you are comfortable with and accept what is coming next.
20. “Some changes look negative on the surface, but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” – Eckhart Tolle
While some changes may seem devastating, try to remember that something good is coming. When a change leaves an empty void in your life, it will be replaced by something else. You will have good things in your life, even if bad things occasionally happen.
Change isn’t always easy, but these quotes about change should help you accept it. Life is full of unexpected changes, and you must make decisions that will lead to serious change. It is all a part of growing and learning.
Learn to embrace change and view it as an opportunity for something new. Look around for good in life even as everything changes, and you’ll be reminded that change isn’t always bad. Remember these quotes about change the next time you experience a change and know that everything will be okay.