As you go through life, you will need inspiration and positivity to help you along sometimes. Even if your life seems perfect, these wise quotes about life and love from Buddha will guide you.
Buddha’s teachings are the foundation of the Buddhist religion, but his wise quotes can help anyone. He focused positively on love, peace, life, happiness, and death. Along with his wise quotes, you could use meditation and self-reflection to reach the life intended for you.
From Buddha’s wise quotes about life and love, you can find peace and inspiration. You will remember the essential things in life, and you can focus on what truly matters. If you can do that, then you can live a life full of love and happiness.
Fifteen Wise Quotes from Buddha
1. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
No one deserves your love as much as you deserve it. When you love yourself, everything else seems to fall into place and work out for the best. Don’t give your love and affection to anyone, but instead save it for yourself, and then the right person will come along.
2. “Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.” – Buddha
Good things don’t come to you all at once. Instead, wait for them to happen slowly, one after another. As you watch your pot fill, it will seem that it begins filling quicker, too.
When you know the good things filtering into your life, you are more likely to receive more. Recognizing the positive things is the first step to living a life of love and happiness.
3. “A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving, and fearless then he is in truth called wise.” Buddha
This wise quote about life is so accurate because talking excessively won’t improve your life. If you want to live the best life possible, focus on being peaceful, loving, and fearless. These characteristics are the ones that will make you wise, and no words can replace them.
4. “Let none find fault with others; let none see the omissions and commissions of others. But let one see one’s own acts, done and undone.” – Buddha
If you find yourself looking for the faults in others, focus on changing your thought process. Instead, focus on yourself and the things you have done and plan to do. Everyone has issues, so it is best to think about (and fix) your problems instead of focusing on other people’s.
5. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
Always focus on what is happening now, not what happened before or will occur in the future. If you live in the moment and embrace each second, you will live a happy life.
Dwelling on the past or dreaming of the future will make you disconnected from the present. This disconnect could cause you to miss opportunities, hinder relationships, and cause dissatisfaction. Avoid all of these potential problems by concentrating on the present.
6. “If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts, happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.” – Buddha
When you keep your thoughts, words, and actions pure, you won’t have many worries in life. You will be happier, and good things will come to you. Keep this in mind as you go through your day because it can make all the difference in your well-being.
7. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
When you are happy, share your happiness with others. Sharing your feelings won’t diminish them, but it will help others be happy, too. If you are comfortable and those around you are happy, imagine how great like would be.
8. “We will develop love, we will practice it, we will make it both a way and a basis, take a stand upon it, store it up, and thoroughly set it going.” – Buddha
Love is never perfect, and everyone is learning as they go along. As long as you work hard to practice love, you will experience both giving and receiving. Love is worth the hard work it requires, and it gets easier as you practice more.
9. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” – Buddha
Your thoughts shape who you are, as this wise quote from Buddha, explains. If your thoughts aren’t optimistic, you will find yourself struggling with life and love. On the other hand, if your ideas are pure and positive, happiness will follow.
If you can remember to check your thoughts in times of negativity, you can replace the negative thoughts. The more you do this, the more comfortable and more natural it will become for you.
10. “Silence the angry man with love. Silence the ill-natured man with kindness. Silence the miser with generosity. Silence the liar with truth.” – Buddha
Refrain from returning anger, ill-nature, lies, and negativity to those who express it toward you. Instead, do as Buddha describes in this quote about life, and show positivity, instead. Showing love, kindness, generosity, and honesty is a positive way to silence the negative people in your life.
11. “In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.” – Buddha
As many of these wise quotes explain, love is one of the only things that matter in the end. The way you live, your ability to let go, and the amount of love you gave are what will make a difference. Focus on giving love, living gently, and letting go, and you will live the life that is meant for you.
This doesn’t mean you can’t get angry sometimes, or that you have to be happy with everything. Instead, it means that you accept things that you can’t change, and you give love along the way. Living this way can only make your life better and full of positivity.
12. “The way to happiness is: keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, give much. Fill your life with love. Do as you would be done by.” – Buddha
There isn’t enough space in your heart for both hate and love. Let go of the hatred and let love overfill your heart and your life. Do the same with worry in your mind because it occupies too much space if you let it linger.
As you let go of hate and worry, remember to live simply and give often. Do things for others that you would want for yourself, and treat others with respect.
13. “If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart.” – Buddha
Give your all to anything that you decide to do. If it is worth the time and energy, you can do it with all your heart. On the other hand, if you find that your heart isn’t in it, then it might be time to consider whether what you are doing is worth it.
Thinking about the things you do in this way can help you live a happier life. If you follow the path intended for you, then you will be willing to give it everything you have. Otherwise, you must reconsider your approach and find the thing that you can put your heart into.
14. “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.” – Buddha
You can’t fully love someone else unless you love yourself first. Self-acceptance and being yourself won’t only make you happy, but it will make those around you more satisfied, too.
15. “Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child.” – Buddha
A mother’s love is pure and unconditional. If you give pure and unconditional love to everyone in the world, you will receive love in return.
These wise quotes about life and love from Buddha can help you navigate life positively. You will find happiness and love if you follow the advice and wisdom given by Buddha. Plus, you can reflect on what truly matters in your life.
Even if your life is already full of happiness, these quotes can help you. They will provide further wisdom on life and love and secure the feelings you already have. If you feel that your life could use some improvement, these wise quotes will help with that, too.
No matter what stage of life you are in, these quotes can help and guide you. Find your favorite ones, memorize or write them down, then share them with those close to you.