Many short inspiring quotes can help you boost your self-confidence. Sometimes, when life seems to be too much, you may need the guidance of others who have been through it.
These short inspiring quotes will be easy to remember when your confidence is faltering. Then, you’ll have the inspiration you need to remember how great you are.
There are other things you can do to boost your confidence, as well. After you have read the short inspiring quotes, you can read tips on boosting your confidence.
Why You Should Work to Boost Your Self Confidence
1. Life becomes more straightforward and easier.
2. You’ll experience more emotional stability.
3. Negative self-talk won’t happen as often.
4. You’ll be happier.
5. Overcoming hardships and unexpected obstacles will be more comfortable.
6. You will be surer of your decisions and feelings.
Short Inspiring Quotes for Boosting Self Confidence
1. “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
As Hay explains, all the times you criticized yourself, nothing positive came of it. It won’t help you be successful or better in any way, and it’ll have the opposite effect.
This time, try to approve of yourself and the decisions you have made. Even if those decisions didn’t work, you are still teaching yourself along the way. If you approve of yourself, your confidence will rise, and you’ll be able to achieve more than you thought possible.
2. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
If you don’t approve of yourself, you will never be confident. Before anything else, work on earning your approval. Then, you will be able to see what you are truly capable of.
3. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.” – Michael J. Fox
It shouldn’t matter what anyone else says about you. All that should matter is the way you feel about yourself. If you remember this, your dignity will never falter.
4. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morley
When you accept and love who you are, everything else will fall into place. It’s impossible to be unhappy or to let the words of others affect you if you love yourself.
5. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
Sometimes, you may think that as long as you love those around you, it’s enough. This fallacy isn’t true, however, because you deserve your love just as much as everyone else does. Remind yourself of how great you are and avoid thinking negatively about yourself.
6. “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.” – Denis Waitley
If you continuously think about your failures and mistakes, your self-esteem will plummet. Instead, try thinking about all the positive things you have done and all the times you succeeded. Thinking this way will help boost your self-confidence quicker than anything else will.
7. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Speak up and say what you know to be true, no matter who tells you to be quiet. Don’t let others belittle you into wavering your opinion. Your definition of your life is the only one that matters, and don’t let anyone change it.
8. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
Everyone makes mistakes and fails at things they’ve worked hard on. Even still, you have to focus on loving yourself. If you can love yourself while owning your past, you will know that you are brave and strong.
9. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
If you can love yourself, everything else will work out. You have to love yourself to accomplish your dreams and reach your goals.
10. “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.” – Dan Coppersmith
Do the things that make you happy and that you feel are the right thing to do. When you make your decisions this way, you’ll earn the respect of yourself, and this is important. It will boost your self-esteem and happiness, and you’ll continue to respect yourself even more.
11. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
Be confident in your opinions, thoughts, and behaviors. If you are confident in them, no one can affect you.
Stop worrying about what others think of you. As long as you are confident, you will know their opinion doesn’t matter.
12. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
Living up to the expectations of others is sure to bring unhappiness. You will question everything about yourself, and your confidence will take a hit. When you are true to yourself, however, you will be confident and happy with who you are.
13. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
It is essential to be yourself if you want to boost your confidence. You owe it to yourself. Plus, you owe it to the world to grace them with the real you and all that you have to offer.
14. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” – Wayne Dyer
Subconsciously, people can tell when you don’t love yourself. If you can’t love you, then they will feel the same way. Plus, you won’t be able to fully love anyone else until you can learn to love yourself.
15. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
Everything you do makes a difference in the world. Stop telling yourself that it doesn’t because you are amazing just as you are.
Don’t Hide Who You Are
If you find yourself hiding certain things about yourself from others, you need to reevaluate. Ask yourself if there is a reason you feel the need to hide it. If there is no reason you can come up with, stop keeping it to yourself.
If you are open and honest about who you are, your confidence will benefit. This self-assuredness includes telling others about your hobbies or favorite things. When you are who you are, what you like, you’ll feel happier and more confident with yourself.
Exercise or Work Out Regularly
If you regularly exercise, you’ll see that your confidence will get a boost. You’ll feel accomplished that you stuck to an exercise regime, and it will help you be happier and more confident. Exercise is known to relieve and prevent depression and anxiety, so the benefits are plentiful.
Try Something New
It can be difficult to make yourself uncomfortable, but trying new things is essential in life. If you can be comfortable in a variety of settings, you’ll always feel more confident. Each time you step out of your comfort zone, you’re improving your confidence.
From starting a new job to meeting new people, you’ll be grateful that you gave it a shot. Each time, you will learn more from the situations, and eventually, you won’t feel so uncomfortable.
Do this regularly, and you’ll raise your self-esteem. If you only do it once in a while, however, you won’t benefit much from it. Aim for stepping out of your comfort zone every day, even if it’s something small like trying new food.
Change Your Look
Not only can your appearance affect other’s perception of you, but it also affects your perception of yourself. By simply changing up your wardrobe, you will be able to feel better about yourself and exhibit more confidence.
You will behave and think differently, depending on what you are wearing. So, if you want to experience confidence, you will want to dress in a way that makes you feel confident.
Work to Avoid Negative Self-Talk and Thoughts
Don’t tell yourself that your accomplishments are small or meaningless. You have to remember to focus more on your successes than you do on your failures or mistakes.
When you feel the negativity creeping in, make a list of all your accomplishments. This will help you remember all that you have done, so the next time the negativity doesn’t happen at all.
Fix Your Posture
If you are slouching, you’re not likely to feel very confident. Just like with the way you dress, your posture plays a significant role in your confidence levels. Studies show that practicing good posture can make you more confident and surer of yourself.
Boosting your self-confidence is essential to living a happy life, and these short inspiring quotes should help. Remember them the next time you need a boost, and you’ll be able to remember why it’s essential to do so.
Your self-esteem depends on having confidence in yourself. If it will help, write out some of these short inspiring quotes and put it somewhere, you will often see it. Ensure that you are successful in life and that you reach your goals by loving who you are.