We all go through periods when we feel sadness, and luckily there are many quotes to uplift. These quotes can help uplift you when you are feeling sad.
While there is no magic cure, knowing that others relate to how you are feeling will help. Plus, these quotes can give you advice on how to begin feeling better.
Another way these quotes to uplift can help is by reminding you to see the good in the world. Even during the darkest of times, you can look around and find something to be grateful for. These quotes help refocus your mind so that you start thinking more positively.
Quotes to Uplift You When You Feel Stuck in Sadness
1. “Your sadness is a gift. Don’t reject it. Don’t rush it. Live it fully and use it as fuel to change and grow.” – Maxime Lagacé
When you are feeling sad, think of it as an opportunity to make a change for the better. Use whatever it was that is making you sad and create some good from that. Embrace the moments of pain because it can benefit you if you allow it.
2. “An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So, when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great.” – Unknown
When you’re feeling down, remember this quote. You inevitably feel like you’re being pulled back at some point. Try to ignore the devastation that comes along with it, because it means that something better is coming.
3. “If you’re sad, it’s okay to acknowledge your sadness. If you have pain that leaves you at a loss, it’s okay to talk about it. The reason we have difficulties is that we’re unable to accept the things that can’t be changed. Let them be and see what happens.” – Haemin Sunim
As this quote says, it’s good to acknowledge and talk about how you are feeling. It’s better that you do these things to help with the healing process.
By acknowledging your unhappiness and talking about it, you’ll be able to accept it sooner. With acceptance comes fewer difficulties and an uplifted mood. Then, once you have accepted them, wait for all the great things that are coming.
4. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” – Roy T. Bennett
Think about all of the times you’ve felt sad in the past. Many of them likely had something great follow that would have never happened if you hadn’t experienced a hard time. If you keep going and working on feeling happier, you’ll be stronger when the greater moments come along.
5. “Feeling lost, crazy, and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty, and reason.” – Alain de Botton
These negative feelings are normal, and it’s a sign that you are living a good life. Without some despair and difficulty, the great moments wouldn’t be as great. Remember that your life is still good, even if something bad has happened.
6. “Someday, you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
When you’re sad, it means that life is changing or will change in some way. Try to remember that the change will be good, and you’ll find other things to be happy about. Before you know it, you’ll look back on the unhappiness and realize it needed to happen.
7. “Do not be sad about what you do not have. Instead, be happy about what you do have. If you will be sad about what you don’t have, you will not be happy about what you do have.” – Leo Tolstoy
Even if something didn’t go the way you hoped or if you don’t have something you wanted, be happy. If you spend time being sad about what you don’t have, you’ll fail to see all of the good in your life. By being grateful for the way your life already is, you’ll be sure to find happiness.
8. “There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
It’s normal to be sad about things that are out of your control. It’s a part of life, but you have to get past it. You’ll spend too much time being sad if you are always worrying about things that you can’t control.
9. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” – Carl Jung
Everyone experiences heartache during their life many times. Even happy people deal with this feeling. It’s normal, and it’s necessary because without despair, you’ll never know true happiness.
The two feelings have to balance one another. So, the next time you are feeling sad, try to be patient with yourself and whatever is making you sad. Remember that happiness will return soon.
10. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
Always remember that when something in your life changes, something else is coming. Try to refrain from looking back at what was and start focusing on what is ahead. This will help you stop being sad, and you’ll begin to move forward.
11. “Accept – then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.” – Eckhart Tolle
Always accept what has happened, because that is the first step in moving on. Once you accept it, you’ll be able to work out your next move.
If you work with the situation, it’ll end up working out in your favor. Then, your life will change in amazing ways that you could never have expected. As Tolle stated, acceptance can transform your life.
12. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
If you’re always looking for something new to make you happy, you’ll never get over your despair. Rather, practice being grateful for what you already have and see how your life changes.
13. “If you’re feeling sad, remember soon you’ll forget and move on with life. Your grief is transitory. If you’re going to let go anyway, why not do so immediately? If you don’t cling to your grief, you won’t suffer. Life is a river, flow with it. Don’t hold onto anything. Let go.” – Unknown
Every situation is temporary, so eventually, this sorrow will only be a distant memory. Since it is temporary, let go of it sooner rather than later. The sooner you decide to let go, the sooner you’ll be able to move on to the next great thing.
14. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
No one can understand life or offer the amazing qualities that Kubler-Ross mentioned in her quote without experience. This experience comes from working through hard times and experiencing despair or disappointment.
A person can only understand once they have experienced negative emotions themselves. Only then can they help others and understand the struggle that others are going through. So, once you’ve gone through these emotions, you’ll become a more beautiful person.
15. “It’s going to get harder before it gets easier. But it will get better. You just have to make it through.” – Unknown
There is nothing that will instantly take your despair away, and it may get harder before you feel better. Just keep fighting through and remind yourself that despair is only temporary. You will be happy again.
Final Thoughts on Quotes to Uplift You When You Feel Sadness
Everyone experiences sadness in their life, and that is why quotes to uplift you are so helpful. Through these quotes, you can find suggestions for how to get past it. In other quotes, you’ll have someone you can relate to.
No matter how these quotes to uplift help you, they’ll help you through the hard times you’re facing. To repeat a reoccurring theme in these quotes, always remember that the sadness is only temporary.