As a normal part of life, you’ll experience sadness on occasion. You’ll also get through those sad times and be happy again with the help of these inspired quotes by some great voices.
Even if the sadness lingers for a while, try to find comfort in that fact that when you become happy again, it’ll be even better. To truly experience happy moments, you have to have sad moments to compare them to.
Accept these sad moments won’t happen overnight, but you may be able to find comfort in the meantime. Many inspired quotes can help relieve your sadness.
Inspired Quotes That Can Help Relieve Your Sadness
1. “It’s going to get harder before it gets easier. But it will get better. You just have to make it through.” – Unknown
Unfortunately, you may end up feeling even sadder than you do right now. Keep hanging on, though, because that just means you’re getting closer to the breakthrough. You won’t be sad forever. You just have to get through the hard parts.
2. “Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before – more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.” Charles Dickens, in Great Expectations
Crying can help you get through the hardest parts of being sad. It can be a way to let out some of the pain and to reflect on all that occurred. You’ll become more self-aware, which can help in the healing process.
3. “Someday, you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
When you find happiness again, you’ll look back on this moment differently. Sure, you were sad, but everything was changing to lead you to where you need to be. Once you reach that point, it’ll be easier to understand why you had to be sad now.
4. “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.” – Nicholas Sparks
Sometimes the sadness is what makes the happy moments so great. If you didn’t know how it feels to be sad, you wouldn’t have anything to compare the happiness to.
Plus, once things change and you get through the sadness, you’ll be happy to be where you are. As Sparks said, you would be taking away your joy if you took away your sadness.
5. “To that one soul reading this, I know you’re tired. You’re fed up. You’re so close to breaking. But there’s strength within you, even when you are weak. Keep fighting.” – Unknown
You may be sick of feeling sad, and you may think that giving up is the only option left. This isn’t the case, however. You have to keep fighting, stay strong, and get through the hard times. Things will get better, and you will be happy again.
6. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” – Carl Jung
Without sadness to compare happiness to, the happy times would be dull. You wouldn’t know what the alternative is, so you’d end up losing what makes happiness so great. Instead, take the sad times while understanding that they’re necessary for the next happiness to be worth it.
7. “Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence.” – Unknown
As stated before, you must experience sadness to know true happiness. It’s the only way to appreciate the good times.
8. “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!” – Dita Von Teese
There will always be bad days and sad moments. All you can do is remember that it’ll pass and that the happiness will return.
9. “An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great.” – Stephanie Simpson
Anytime you feel this way, just remember that it means something good is coming. You just have to resist what is pulling you back.
10. “If you’re feeling sad, remember soon you’ll forget and move on with life. Your grief is transitory. If you’re going to let go anyway, why not do so immediately? If you don’t cling to your grief, you won’t suffer. Life is a river, flow with it. Don’t hold onto anything. Let go.” – Unknown
Even if you can’t forget what made you sad, you’ll forget to be sad all the time. The sadness will end, and happiness will return. The sooner you forget to be sad, the sooner you can move forward with your life.
11. “Your sadness is a gift. Don’t reject it. Don’t rush it. Live it fully and use it as fuel to change and grow.” – Maxime Lagacé
This inspired quote is a gentle reminder. Remember, happiness will be nothing if you can’t compare it to sadness. So, accept the sad moments and use the energy to move forward and grow.
12. “Don’t be ashamed to weep; ’tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.” – Brian Jacques
Crying helps the process, so don’t be ashamed if you do so. You can’t grow without taking care of yourself.
13. “Sometimes life doesn’t give you something you want, not because you don’t deserve it, but because you deserve more.” – Unknown
Things normally happen for a reason. Try to remember that when things don’t go as planned. When this happens, something better must be coming.
14. “If you’re sad, it’s okay to acknowledge your sadness. If you have pain that leaves you at a loss, it’s okay to talk about it. The reason we have difficulties is that we’re unable to accept the things that can’t be changed. Let them be and see what happens.” – Haemin Sunim
The only way to move past the sadness is to accept it. You can’t ignore it and expect to grow, so talk about it or cry if you need to. Deal with it, and you will see what is coming next.
15. “Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” – C.S. Lewis, in The Silver Chair
While it is important to cry, it is also important to stop. You have to decide to put the pieces back together and move forward.
16. “The truth is, everyone in life is going to hurt you; you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” – Bob Marley
If it is a person who is making you feel sad, you must decide if they are worth feeling that way. If they are, deal with the pain and move on. On the other hand, if they aren’t, decide to cut them out of your life so you can move forward.
17. “Sometimes, it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough.” – Unknown
It’s sometimes that moment that makes you sad that makes you realize what you want next. It may not happen right away, but when you figure it out, you’ll realize it was worth it.
18. “The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
You won’t get over the loss of someone you love, but you will give over the overwhelming sadness. Healing is essential, and it will happen.
The sooner you allow it to happen, the sooner you’ll be able to move forward. You’ll be a different person because of it, but you will be happy again.
19. “Feeling lost, crazy, and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty, and reason.” – Alain de Botton
You won’t be able to grow or learn in life if things were perfect all the time. A good life still has sadness and negative feelings.
20. “Sometimes you’ve got to be able to listen to yourself and be okay with no one else understanding.” – Christopher Barzak
Don’t be sad because other people don’t understand something. Your life isn’t for someone else to understand, and, as Barzak said, you have to be okay with that. You know what you want and need in life.
Final Thoughts On Inspired Quotes That Can Help Relieve Your Sadness
Throughout your life, you’ll experience many moments of sadness. Always remember that you’ll get through it, and you’ll be happy again.
Accept the sadness and know that it’ll just make happy times even better. While these inspired quotes by some of our great minds won’t fix the problem, they may help you get through.