Overcoming insecurity can be difficult, but it is not impossible. When you can overcome it, you will open up so many new opportunities for yourself. All of the dreams you ever had for yourself can come true.
If you don’t overcome the insecurity, it will hold you back in life, instead. You have to remember that you are great and you can do anything you set your mind to. If you can change your thought process and engage in positive self-talk, you will quickly see a difference.
Being insecure often stems from comparing yourself to others. This is one thing you have to learn not to do if you want to overcome your feelings.
There are many other things you can do to overcome the insecurities you are experiencing. These quotes will help you overcome because you’ll get tips and advice for getting to that point. Plus, realizing that everyone experiences these feelings will help, too.
Quotes to Help You Overcome Insecurity
1. “Confidence is not, ‘They’ll like me.’ Confidence is, ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.'” – Christina Grimmie
2. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
Don’t be afraid to be yourself and to voice your opinion. The people who belong in your life won’t mind, and those who have an issue don’t belong. Once you can weed these people out, you’ll be able to overcome any insecurity.
3. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – Timothy Ferriss
Not one person can truthfully say that they have never felt insecure. Everyone has insecurities. They may not show them as much as you do.
Don’t underestimate yourself because everyone else seems confident, because they are likely just as insecure. Instead, tell yourself that you are just as capable as everyone else. If you can do this, you can overcome and reach your goals.
4. “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” – Rob Liano
Make a list of all your strengths and talents. Re-read this list anytime you feel insecure. It will help you remember all the great things about yourself, which can minimize the effect others’ words have.
5. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
When you can stay true to yourself despite any attempts to change you, you’ve accomplished something great. Don’t change who you are just because someone else wants you to. When you do this, it’ll cause intense insecurities, whereas staying true to yourself will allow you to feel secure.
6. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of, your real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” – Shannon Alder
You can’t accept yourself if you are always worried about the opinion of others. Stop thinking about their opinion and focus only on what you think is right and what you enjoy. Then, you will be able to accept who you are and stop feeling insecure.
7. “Become your own soulmate. Then you’ll always have someone watching your back, and you’ll always have someone who loves you.” – Rebecca O’Donnell
If you love yourself and view yourself as your soulmate, you will never have to worry about pleasing anyone else. You will love yourself enough that it won’t matter what anyone else thinks or does. This will allow you always to feel confident, secure, and loved.
Overcoming insecurity begins with your self-thoughts. If you have negative self-thoughts and self-talk, you will feel poor, unloved, unhappy, unattractive, and weak. On the other hand, positive self-talk will help you feel rich in spirit, loved, happy, attractive, and powerful.
9. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
If self-criticism hasn’t helped you so far, it won’t start helping anytime soon. Instead, try to change your thought process and focus on positivity. This change could be all you need to overcome these negative feelings that are holding you back.
10. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” – Stacy London
If you let fear and insecurity hold you back, you won’t achieve all the possible things. You have to believe in yourself and believe in your capabilities to get where you want to be. Focus on what you love and be kind to others, as London explains, and you’ll get farther.
11. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it, and eventually, the confidence will follow.” – Carrie Fisher
Even if you are afraid, keep trying and keep moving forward in life. Staying active is key, even in the face of fear and insecure feelings. Start behaving as if you are confident, and eventually, you will become confident.
12. “Insecurity is being scared of your authentic self. It is the belief that your true, authentic self is not as magnificent as it actually is. Let go of that insecurity and do something totally gutsy and feel the relief in that.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
Don’t be afraid of who you truly are, and don’t downplay your magnificence. Do something you’ve never done before so that you can see how amazing you are. The feelings this act will give you will be a relief and will help you overcome the insecurities.
13. “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Mahatma Gandhi
What you tell yourself you are, you will become. If you keep telling yourself that you can’t do something, you won’t be able to do it. When you believe in yourself, however, you can do anything you set your mind to.
You may not start with the ability to get something done, but you will develop the skills and mindset needed. With a can-do mindset, you will be able to learn anything and achieve whatever you want.
14. “I used to tell myself I had to be perfect, and then things would fall into place, but only now do I realize that is far from the case. I am imperfectly perfect. I’m accepting all my flaws. I’m no longer letting my insecurities put my life on pause.” – Monica Carolan
Being perfect will never make everything be as you want it. This is because, no matter what, you can never be completely perfect. Striving to be perfect will only lead to further insecure feelings and unhappiness.
When you can accept this and accept your flaws, you’ll be able to accomplish more. You will no longer feel held back by imperfection. Once this realization comes, you’ll notice a huge change in your life.
15. “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Steven Furtick
You can’t compare yourself to anyone else because other people choose what they show, as Furtick explains. They won’t put their imperfections out here for everyone to see. So, when you compare yourself to what others are showing, it is a misguided comparison.
Stop comparing yourself to others, and then you can overcome these insecure feelings. Remember that comparing yourself to others is unfair since they are choosing what to share. Embrace your life as it is and avoid comparison.
Overcoming insecurity is a process that takes work and willpower. However, it is completely possible, and once you do it, you can do anything you set your mind to.
Overcoming your insecurities is the key to achieving all of your goals in life. You will be able to do anything and learn anything, and you’ll feel happy as you go through it. Remember these quotes the next time you are struggling to remember what to focus your thoughts on.