Reading quotes on positivity can help you change your way of thinking. This mindset shift will improve all aspects of your life and make it happier and more joyful.
Choosing to be positive can bring you opportunities that you would never have gotten otherwise. It’ll also help you be better in all areas of your life.
Sometimes, being negative is more natural than seeing the good in all situations. Don’t take the easy way, though, because being positive will allow you to live a better life. These quotes on positivity can help you along the journey.
20 Life-Changing Quotes on Positivity
1. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” – Joyce Meyer
By staying positive through the hardest times, you’ll be taking control of your life. If you choose to be negative, however, Meyer explains that the circumstance will have control over you instead.
2. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
By changing your thought process, you’ll notice changes in your life, as well. Positive thoughts bring positive changes to your life.
3. “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.” – Stephen Richards
It’s normal to fail sometimes. Failing is part of life. The only time failing becomes a problem is when you don’t get back up and try again.
Think of failing as a learning opportunity. Now, you’ll know what you shouldn’t do next time.
4. “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.” – William James
When you choose to be negative, you’re causing yourself to be weak. Instead, be powerful by being positive.
5. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
It’ll be easier to stay positive if other positive people surround you. The way to do that is by being positive, as it attracts other like-minded people.
6. “People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Instead of thinking of what’s going wrong, try to think about what’s going right. If you feel like nothing is going right, thinking about what you can do to change that.
7. “Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see a shadow.” – Unknown
If you always look at the first parts of your life, the bad parts won’t be so powerful. You can do this by always being positive and looking for the good in all situations.
8. “You can’t make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices easy, natural, and enjoyable.” – Deepak Chopra
If you find yourself resorting back to negative thinking, consider your surroundings. There could be individual people or things in your life that lead you back down the negativity path. Change your surroundings, and you’ll find it easier to be positive.
9. “Positivity brings about a peace of mind which in turn relaxes your whole being.” – Suman Arora
When you choose to be positive, you’ll allow your mind to be calm and relaxed. This can help you think more clearly and make better decisions.
10. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
When something unexpected happens, think of it as something new to come. Each time things don’t work out the way you wanted, try to remain positive. You can do this by reminding yourself that something new or different is coming.
11. “When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.” – Shannon L. Alder
When you radiate positivity, you’ll attract positivity. If you want people to want to be around you, exhibit positivity all the time.
12. “Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better.” – Harvey Mackay
By thinking positively, you’ll notice that your behavior changes, as well. You’ll make better choices, be in a better mood, and be more enjoyable to be around. Not only that, but those around you will start being positive, as well, as Mackay explained.
13. “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” – Tony Robbins
No matter what happens, think of life as a gift. When you do, you’ll see that being positive is the best way to be. Then, you’ll be spreading positivity to all of those around you and giving back to the world.
14. “You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for who you become and how happy you are.” – Rachel Hollis
Complaining about life and the things that are going on will not fix anything. If you want to be happy and have a good experience, you have to be positive and work toward goals. Don’t let obstacles stop you from doing better and being better.
15. “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” – Christopher McCandless
When things don’t work out the way you wanted, remain positive, and remind yourself that something better is coming. Real joy comes from things that are least expected. When things change, it only means that more happiness is coming.
16. “If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
When you change something that isn’t working for you, you are doing something to improve your life. Since it’s not always possible to change it, however, try thinking positively instead. This mindset will help you live a happier, simpler life.