There is nothing more exhilarating than setting a tough goal and crushing it. It feels incredible to know that you put in the work and accomplished the thing you set out to do. If you haven’t experienced this kind of accomplishment, there are a few things you can do to ensure you achieve your goals. You can start by reading these positive quotes–and shred your goals.
Research proves that the simple act of writing down your goals makes you 33% more likely to achieve them.
In addition, creating S.M.A.R.T. goals takes goal setting a step further. The S.M.A.R.T. acronym stands of Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-based. These goals are specific about what your goal is, how you plan on reaching it and gives you a time frame in which to complete your goal. In studies, S.M.A.R.T. goals have been shown to be successful 76% of the time.
Once you have your goals set, find the motivation to accomplish that goal. A great way to get started is by reading positive quotes about goal setting and achieving those goals. To help you get started, here are 15 positive quotes about crushing goals that will inspire you to achieve your own.
15 Positive Quotes to Help You Crush Your Goals
1. “One part at a time, one day at a time, we can accomplish any goal we set for ourselves.” -Karen Casey
Sometimes a goal can seem overwhelming. That’s why it’s a good idea to take it one step at a time. As long as you keep moving forward, you will meet your goals and reap the rewards of your hard work and dedication. The key is to keep going and not lose momentum. Keep going no matter what stands in your way.
2. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” -Henry David Thoreau
This one of the great positive quotes about achieving your goals that is truly timeless. In this quote, Thoreau reminds us that the actual goal is not the only thing you gain from the goal achieving process.
3. “Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.” -John Dewey
Getting to a goal is hard work, especially if it’s a good, challenging goal. If it’s too easy, set your sights higher. To keep moving forward, it’s important to continue setting new goals as you achieve old ones. This ensures you are never standing still and always know what to do next.
4. “People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.” -Earl Nightingale
It’s hard to know which way you are going if you don’t have a destination in mind. This is one of the best positive quotes about goals that reminds us of this important factor in setting successful goals. Direction ensures that we maintain focus and don’t lose sight of our objective.
5. “Focus on the possibilities for success, not the potential for failure.” -Napoleon Hill
This quote reminds us to keep our eyes on the prize. It’s easy to let all of the negative “what ifs” impact your thoughts and keep you from doing what you need to do in order to achieve your goals. Instead, think about the possibility of success and ignore the rest. The negative things only stand in your way. Be positive. You will succeed.
6. “The people who achieve their goals are simply the ones that refuse to give up and put in the work.”
Hard work and determination are the two greatest attributes that lead to accomplishment. If you really want to achieve the goals you have to be willing to put in the work and not be willing to give up if things get tough. The truth is that most people fold at the first sign of a struggle. Instead, dig your heels in and work harder. You’ll get there.
7. “The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting and achieving goals.” -Og Mandino
Setting goals is an important part of success. It gives you direction and tells you exactly what you are aiming for. You never have to wonder what is your next step when it’s stated clearly with your goal. It’s always great to have a reminder that you are working toward something bigger and better.
8. “Set daily, monthly, and long term goals and dreams. Don’t ever be afraid to dream too big. Nothing is impossible. If you believe in yourself, you can achieve it.” -Nastia Liukin
This is one of those positive quotes about setting goals that reminds you that even your wildest goals can come true if you dare to set them. It also reminds us that we need to set short-term and long-term goals. Short-term goals can be smaller goals that lead to a big goal or stand-alone goals. These smaller goals give us a sense of accomplishment and encourage us to keep going until we hit the long-term ones.
9. “The real value of setting goals is not the recognition or reward, it’s the person we become by finding the discipline, courage, and commitment to achieve them.”
To achieve our goals, we have to level up. That means we need to learn, grow, and develop in order to be successful. Once you have put in the work, it shapes the person you become. Through these actions, you learn what you are capable of when you set your mind to it and it’s something that you can’t forget. It changes you. You learn your value.
10. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, I’ll always get up after I fall. And whether I run, walk, or have to crawl, I’ll set my goals and achieve them all.” -Chris Butler
This quote sounds cute, but it has a powerful message. Achieving your goals is a hard-won battle. You have to be willing to fight when things get tough and take a risk on yourself. As long as you have a plan of action and determination, you can accomplish any goal that you set your mind to. You just have to keep getting up and trying.
11. “This year I will achieve my most important goal by breaking it down into 365 tiny chunks and tackling on chunk each day.” -Marelisa Fabrega
Sometimes it helps to break down an overwhelming goal into easily digestible pieces. Setting a challenging goal can be a bit overwhelming at times, but as long as you keep moving forward, day-by-day, you will see results. Baby steps are steps forward. The worst thing you can do is not move forward.
12. “I will fight for it, I will not give up. I will reach my goal and absolutely nothing will stop me.” -Qandeel Baloch
If you are determined to succeed, there is nothing that can stop you. It may not be easy, but you can do it. Mindset is the greatest part of any battle, including the battle to achieve your dreams. This is something no one can take from you without your permission. Don’t allow it.
13. “To reach a goal you have never attained, you must do things you have never done before.” -Richard G. Scott
You can’t experience anything new if you never change. We must accept that change is important for personal growth and is an integral part of success. That means you will have to try new things and put yourself out there in order to gain something you’ve never had. Don’t worry though, it will be worth it.