Spending time outside isn’t at the top of everyone’s list of favorite ways to relax, but it should be. Even those who don’t consider themselves a nature-lover can reap the benefits of spending time in nature. These quotes on nature help explain why it is good for you and how you can benefit from doing it regularly.
Spending time in nature can help replenish your soul and clear your mind. It can help you feel better during hard times, helping you fully process excitement or changes. Plus, it can help you relax, think things through, and make life decisions.
Quotes on nature aren’t just intended to help you feel better, either. They can help you think of and appreciate the good things in your life more, too.
Quotes on Nature
Connecting with nature is one of the best ways to promote a sense of personal well-being. You will quickly notice a difference in yourself after just a short amount of time spent outside. Remember these quotes on nature so that you don’t forget to take care of yourself.
1. “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Nature is indeed beautiful, but that isn’t the biggest benefit. As Stevenson explains, the air that emanates from nature is the biggest blessing given to man by nature. It can lift your spirits and help you experience a better sense of well-being.
2. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery – air, mountains, trees, people. I thought this is what it is to be happy.” – Sylvia Plath
The feelings you will experience in nature are ones that are sure to make you feel better about life. Surrounding yourself with nature, and this includes other people, will make you happier.
3. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
When nothing else seems to be healing your spirit, head outside and take in some fresh air. Look around and bask in the beauty of the world. The more time you spend outside this way, the more your senses will come together.
4. “In the presence of nature, a wild delight runs through the man, in spite of real sorrows.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Even in your saddest times, getting outside will help you feel a little better. Nature is delightful, as Emerson explains, and being in its presence will make you feel the same way.
5. “In nature, nothing is perfect, and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
You won’t find one thing the same as another, and everything will have its imperfections. Because of this, everything seems perfect, beautiful, and unique, all at the same time. It even seems that the imperfections make nature more beautiful than if everything were perfect.
6. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach of us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
The best teachers are those found in nature. You can learn more from the natural world around you than you can from any person or book. When you feel like you need to learn something, go outside and let yourself learn naturally.
7. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops, let the rain sing you a lullaby.” – Langston Hughes
While many choose to seek shelter when it is raining, be the one who basks in it. Let the rain come down on you and restore your soul.
8. “Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars, and if you have eyes, you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents, and they are not going to become rich, and they will never have any bank balance. Look at the flowers — for no reason. It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are.” – Osho
Take a step outside and look around at all the things in nature. Everything seems happy, and they aren’t striving to become powerful or rich. When you feel like you aren’t achieving enough, go outside and remind yourself that you can be happy anyway.
9. “To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” – Helen Keller
All of the little things you can have in your home have nothing on what you can experience in nature. You will find natural textures that are incomparable, and you can explore your senses more deeply.
10. “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.” – Wallace Stevens
When decisions seem hard to make, take a walk outside. Find a body of water to stroll near, and you will find that your mind becomes clearer. The truths in life will become clear, and you will understand things more fully.
11. “Sunshine is delicious. Rain is refreshing. Wind braces us up. Snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
Think back to a time when you basked in the sunshine and let your body soak it in. Or, think of the rain as it refreshes your soul and mind, or the snow that makes you feel exhilarated. When life seems to be hard, remember that even in nature, there is no bad weather.
Use this mindset in your life when you feel like changes are overwhelming. Go outside and remind yourself that change doesn’t have to be bad. Instead, it can be delicious, refreshing, bracing, and exhilarating, just like the weather.
12. “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy amidst the simple beauty of nature. …I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” – Anne Frank
When life doesn’t seem to be going well, go outside and see how much it can cheer you up. While it may not fix all of your problems, being in nature can help alleviate your negative feelings. It will help you realize that life is beautiful, and happiness is possible.
13. “There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature-the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” – Rachel Carson
Nature can help you feel a sense of normalcy and a sense of life always continuing. As long as morning follows night and spring follows winter, you will know that things will keep going.
14. “In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life – no disgrace, no calamity (leaving me my eyes), which nature cannot repair.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
When you are in a natural element such as the woods, your mind and soul will be restored. Your logical reasoning will return, as will your faith. Only in nature will you realize that all the bad things in life can be repaired by time spent outside.
15. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
If you can recognize the beauty in the world, you will find a strength that cannot be touched. This strength will give you everything you need to be happy in life. When you feel weak, remember this quote and get outside for a little while.
No matter what stage of life you are in, these quotes on nature will make you want to go outside. You will be able to bask in the beauty of the world, learn, replenish your soul, and clear your mind. Plus, you will be able to think more clearly, helping you make important life decisions.
Connect with nature and learn to enjoy all that it has to offer. These quotes on nature can serve as a reminder of why you need to head outside regularly. If you are feeling out of sorts, remember these quotes on nature and their insights on healing.
Don’t forget to spend time outside during the good times in your life, too. The beauty in the world will help you see the beauty in your life. This will lead to an appreciation for your life and an appreciation for the natural beauty around you.